+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rex calls Parcells a mentor????

Rex calls Parcells a mentor????

Because he interviewed him for the Dolphins' job LOL!!! Talk about Giant envy!!!! http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...cells-a-mentor
    "After the game that they had to surgically remove Lawrence Taylor's helmet from my chest." --Pat Hayden, former NFL Quarterback, on when he decided to retire

That may be as close as Rex ever got to having a mentor. It's all relative?

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    That may be as close as Rex ever got to having a mentor. It's all relative?
    Thanks for the reply but I have to ask what about his Dad??? IMO Rex craves attention and will say anything to get it.
    "After the game that they had to surgically remove Lawrence Taylor's helmet from my chest." --Pat Hayden, former NFL Quarterback, on when he decided to retire

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueDrive45 View Post
    Thanks for the reply but I have to ask what about his Dad??? IMO Rex craves attention and will say anything to get it.
    Does it look like Buddy was an attentive, loving, nurturing father? Those Ryan boys are probably starving for male role models -- see a 3 hour interview by Parcells being called "mentoring". Parcells' interview was probably more fathering than Ryan got in his first 18 years on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZombieJesus View Post
    Does it look like Buddy was an attentive, loving, nurturing father? Those Ryan boys are probably starving for male role models -- see a 3 hour interview by Parcells being called "mentoring". Parcells' interview was probably more fathering than Ryan got in his first 18 years on the planet.
    You hit the nail on the head, I bet they got a few beatings when Buddy came home after a bad day at work. BTW Most of the people I grew up with were Jet fans and never really hated the Jets (just felt sorry for them ) but once the Ryan circus came to town it was a different story.

I can't really laugh at Rex for this even though I'd like to find a reason to laugh at him.

Parcells is widely respected throughout the league by various coaches and coordinators. And if Rex called Parcells in 2009 looking for coaching advice then the 'he's kind of a mentor' comment makes sense.
    One of these teams is not like the others

You hit the nail on the head, I bet they got a few beatings when Buddy came home after a bad day at work. BTW Most of the people I grew up with were Jet fans and never really hated the Jets (just felt sorry for them ) but once the Ryan circus came to town it was a different story.

Give Woody Pecker-Head Johnson some credit for that too. (Regarding the circus coming to town!)

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

Because he interviewed him for the Dolphins' job LOL!!! Talk about Giant envy!!!! http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jet...cells-a-mentor
    first off he called him "kind of a mentor". Secondly he said it all "started" in 2008 so I assume they talk here and there. Third he actually mentioned he called him in 2009 and asked for advice.

I am not a Rex Ryan fan at all but I hate to see GIants fans making these dumbass threads like its some real sort of story. To those of you assuming Buddy was a bad father you guys are pretty lame for that as well. I dont/didnt like Buddy Ryan at all but I would never assume what type of Dad he was.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

+ Reply to Thread