Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More classless behavior from Philly.

More classless behavior from Philly.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere already:

http://deadspin.com/eagles-wr-riley-...very-979470075
    I bELIeve in February 1, 2015.

ehh...
    while it is something not to be proud of. He just got caught.
    How many racial slurs go on every day at camp I bet. From all races to the other not just one way.
    They, the FO of Philly, handled it well as did Cooper.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Honestly, how many instances of that racial slur happened in the prince ice bath video?

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly, how many instances of that racial slur happened in the prince ice bath video?
    Slightly different context.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    like races can use all the slurs they want. Cooper could have said he was going come back and kick all the "crackers" asses and it would have been fine.
    Its the way things are. I dont agree with what Cooper said but I dont think its as big of a deal as some may. In thias day and age these words/slurs get bandied about with regularity. All over the entertainment industry for example.
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Unquestionably an offensive and ignorant statement, but I'm not sure that a team should be fining players for off-the-field, non-football statements, no matter how bigoted or ignorant. Seems like a slippery slope . . . .

Cruz's tweet was worse.

**ducking**
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Unquestionably an offensive and ignorant statement, but I'm not sure that a team should be fining players for off-the-field, non-football statements, no matter how bigoted or ignorant. Seems like a slippery slope . . . .
    You wanted them to do nothing?

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    the NFL is a company like any other so to speak that have Human Resources and Ethics. These have to be addressed

Perhaps Cooper's remarks are a sign of the times. I'm starting to believe that America is really getting tired of it all and it is building up. Racists remarks, white to other, is a one way street of apologies after apology and being labeled, yet one minority group can racially slur another minority group and it goes unnoticed. But, that's our media. I don't approve of racism and I don't approve of racial slurs. Will Cooper be ostracized like Paula Dean? Will his contract be annulled? No! He's an athlete, athletes with value don't get replaced or fired. Fans, I'm sure, in other stadiums will let him know and the announcers will bring his remarks up on every broadcast of every game the Eagles play in from now until he's replaced in the lineup when Maclin returns. Cooper has learned not only to not drink and drive but learned the hard way not to drink and talk at the same time. Wonder when this thread gets moved?

Closed Thread