+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I like my players tough, like this....

I like my players tough, like this....

I dunno if you guys have seen this, but this is a video of a recent accident involving FSU TE Nick O'Leary, also the grandson of legendary Golfer Jack Nicklaus. He was the top TE recruit in the nation just a couple years ago and will be in the NFL 1 day very soon, a real old school player.

It is a pretty scary thing to watch, but what is even more incredible is Nick walked away pretty much unscathed.

Nick is the guy on the Motorcycle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjN90iHtXcI

Saw it on the news. Unbelievable that he walked away from it.

Another dumb state that dosen't enforce Helmet laws? Either way, hes very lucky indeed. Everyone involved seemed pretty lucky. Even the kid who didn't catch any debris in the noggin.

Right. I wouldn't call him tough for this incident, but rather lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Another dumb state that dosen't enforce Helmet laws? Either way, hes very lucky indeed. Everyone involved seemed pretty lucky. Even the kid who didn't catch any debris in the noggin.
    heh...its not giants, not even football related, but I was in Tallahassee in the mid 90's when they changed the law allowing bikers to not wear helmets. Up until the mid 90's Hlemets were required. It basically went like this....

A group of about 200 of the nastiest, smelliest bikers you have ever seen camped out on the lawn of the capital building. Now, I have np with bikers in general but these guys knew exactly what they were doing. They purposely didn't shower, They purposely heckled lawmakers as they passed by to work. They purposely wolf whistled every female college student who came within sight. They made themselves seen, heard and most all smelled. Essentially, they made all of downtown Tally smell of the most rank B.O. ever. They did all this 100% on purpose, even joking about it openly.

That law never stood a chance of failing. The lawmakers would have done anything to get them out of there.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Right. I wouldn't call him tough for this incident, but rather lucky.
    true. I was more posting it because of how amazing it is he wasn't hurt.

But, as an aside, he is actually tough.

+ Reply to Thread