Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: michael vick

Re: michael vick

[quote user="Pakman"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="DeusExGiants"]i personally do not want him back in the nfl it sets a bad example for the younger generations
    [/quote]

I think he's served his time, and as long as he shows remorse and a willingness to HELP the community in the future his story can be a good one...in the long run.

It can show people (kids) who have already made bad decisions...that you can get a second chance, that one bad choice is not the end of your life.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

Thank you he served his time he paid for his punishment...people need to let it go</P>

</P>

I didnt see anyone complaing about the farmer shooting 100 dogs...</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>
    Close or you hit the bricks

[quote user="AARON ROSS = OUR FUTURE"]lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.[/quote]

Fully.

If he was fighting alligators, nobody would've cared. But because it's dogs, some people think he should be electrocuted. He did his time. People need to get a grip.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Veteran

[quote user="sharick88"][quote user="Pakman"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="DeusExGiants"]i personally do not want him back in the nfl it sets a bad example for the younger generations
    [/quote]

I think he's served his time, and as long as he shows remorse and a willingness to HELP the community in the future his story can be a good one...in the long run.

It can show people (kids) who have already made bad decisions...that you can get a second chance, that one bad choice is not the end of your life.
    [/quote]</P>

</P>

Thank you he served his time he paid for his punishment...people need to let it go</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. <FONT color=#ff0000>If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle.</FONT> And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

[/quote]</P>

Sports are the one place the playing field is consistantly level, If you can win for an organization, they wont care if your purple, </P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>the differance is Peyton Manning wouldnt be caught with in 1000 yards of a puppy murder. LOL</FONT></P>

All-Pro

[quote user="sharick88"]

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter.[/quote]</p>

Completely disagree.
    </p>

[quote user="sharick88"]It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is.[/quote]</p>

No they aren't
    </p>

[quote user="sharick88"]No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking.[/quote]</p>

Maybe a minor part of society, but I believe our President shows that this simply is not the case anymore.
    </p>

[quote user="sharick88"]And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms.[/quote]</p>

I seriously seriously doubt that.
    </p>

</p>

[quote user="sharick88"]Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable[/quote]</p>

No, I don't think it is debatable, there is an angle with FAME and being made an example out of because of it, but there is no room for the race card in this discussion...no backing for it what so ever.
    </p>

Veteran

[quote user="RagTime Blue"][quote user="AARON ROSS = OUR FUTURE"]lenord little killed a women, dante stallworth killed a man. Both drunk driving. What vick did is not remotely close to what these two did.[/quote]

Fully.

<FONT color=#ff0000>If he was fighting alligators, nobody would've cared.</FONT> But because it's dogs, some people think he should be electrocuted. He did his time. People need to get a grip.
    [/quote]</P>

Not sure if thats illegal, do you know anyone with alliagtors. I know they belong in the wild and dogs are residential. If one of those trained killers got loose and ate someones kid it wouldnt be funny. Anyway I agree, like it or not the legal system has run its course, and we give second chances in our society, so people need to realize that.</P>

He did the crime &amp; he did his time he'll be back on the field soon.

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="sharick88"]

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter.[/quote]</P>

Completely disagree.
    </P>

[quote user="sharick88"]It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is.[/quote]</P>

No they aren't
    </P>

[quote user="sharick88"]No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking.[/quote]</P>

Maybe a minor part of society, but I believe our President shows that this simply is not the case anymore.
    </P>

[quote user="sharick88"]And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. If Peyton Manning did the same thing, he'd be welcomed back with open arms.[/quote]</P>

I seriously seriously doubt that.
    </P>

</P>

[quote user="sharick88"]Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable[/quote]</P>

No, I don't think it is debatable, there is an angle with FAME and being made an example out of because of it, but there is no room for the race card in this discussion...no backing for it what so ever.
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

I'm not blaming the race card. Just bringing it up as a topic. And yes there is room for it. I know it's a sensitive deal, but I really don't mind talking about it. </P>
    Close or you hit the bricks

[quote user="Pakman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

*</P>

*</P>

I didnt see anyone complaing about the farmer shooting 100 dogs...</P>[/quote]

I never heard that story. What's that about?

All-Pro

[quote user="sharick88"]

I'm not blaming the race card. Just bringing it up as a topic. And yes there is room for it. I know it's a sensitive deal, but I really don't mind talking about it. </p>[/quote]

I've never been one to shy away from a sensitive topic, I really just don't see any possible way that it correlates to this situation.

Wanna play it from the otherside? This roony rule is ridiculous imho, and the fact that they are trying to swing it for GM's is a horrible Idea...these teams are privately owned and I'm sorry...I find it VERY hard to believe with the success of Black Coaches in the league over the last few years (tomlin anyone?) that any owner in his right mind would allow a coachs skin color to effect his decision on whats best for his own team.

It's borderline reverse racism.

Veteran

[quote user="sharick88"][quote user="Pakman"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yeah tell me about. Whether people want to admit it or not, race is definitely an issue in this matter. It's hard enough for the black QB in the NFL. They are already demanded to do more as it is. No excuse, but this is part of some people's thinking. And then when one of the high profile ones gets into trouble, does his time, and shows remorse, people still don't want to give him a second chance. Itis pathetic. <FONT size=4>If Peyton Manning did the same thing</FONT>, he'd be welcomed back with open arms. Just looking at it from a different angle. And this angle is certainly debatable</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Jadakiss?</P>