Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 5.....

Quote Originally Posted by NYG12589 View Post
    Best shows on tv:
    Breaking Bad
    Shameless
    Homeland
    The Walking Dead
    Gotta put Mad Men somewhere on that list too.

I wonder if Jesse finds out that WW killed Jane; or allowed Jane to die. Depending on how you look at it.

If he does you can add Jesse to the list of WW enemies.

I cant wait it just sucks that its the last season.
    The Gigalo with the most below

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    I cant wait it just sucks that its the last season.
    Yeah I agree. I don't want it to end!
    ALL IN! NYG

I watched the episode titled "Fly" the other night. One of my favorite episodes. Question:

What do you think the fly (aka the contamination) symbolizes?

I think it symbolizes the consequences of WW's decision. Everything he has done has sunk him and his family deeper into danger/ contamination. The consequences appears to be minor-as small as a fly- and easy to deal with and swat away. But just like the way another fly appeared at the end of the episode, when you make bad decisions and you don't deal with them right that fly comes back threatening to contaminate the things you have cooking.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    I watched the episode titled "Fly" the other night. One of my favorite episodes. Question:

What do you think the fly (aka the contamination) symbolizes?

I think it symbolizes the consequences of WW's decision. Everything he has done has sunk him and his family deeper into danger/ contamination. The consequences appears to be minor-as small as a fly- and easy to deal with and swat away. But just like the way another fly appeared at the end of the episode, when you make bad decisions and you don't deal with them right that fly comes back threatening to contaminate the things you have cooking.
    Nice to see some BB fans here - greatest show everrrrr!

I've been catching up and re watching on train rides to and from work - just saw The Fly again not too long ago. For me the fly comes at a point where Walt finally realizes he's lost control, does NOT call the shots and beyond his abilities to do anything about... its been heading in that direction but he doesn't realize it till he's already underwater and his family is now affected.

He realizes he's got to regain control of everything, and he will, just have to deal with this little pesky mother****ing fly first....because as far as anything else he has no f-ing clue.

Prediction - show ends with the meth lab in the basement of the car wash... but more than likely there is no basement in ANY car wash so nevermind.

Gatorade me...*****!
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Nice to see some BB fans here - greatest show everrrrr!

I've been catching up and re watching on train rides to and from work - just saw The Fly again not too long ago. For me the fly comes at a point where Walt finally realizes he's lost control, does NOT call the shots and beyond his abilities to do anything about... its been heading in that direction but he doesn't realize it till he's already underwater and his family is now affected.

He realizes he's got to regain control of everything, and he will, just have to deal with this little pesky mother****ing fly first....because as far as anything else he has no f-ing clue.

Prediction - show ends with the meth lab in the basement of the car wash... but more than likely there is no basement in ANY car wash so nevermind.

Gatorade me...*****!
    Interesting. I get that this a time when WW realizes that he is out of control and doesn't call the shots. But after Jesse kills the fly (interesting that WW calls out the fly/contamination, but Jesse kills it), why does another fly shows up at the end. Killing the fly would mean WW is back in control according to your theory.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much. But Gilligan is big on symbolism and deeper meanings than just what you see on the surface.

For ex., I still don't know what that pink, half burned stuff animal that fell from the airplane explosion means. It's got to mean more than just a casualty from a plane crash. They spent so much time showing it to us.

Interesting. I get that this a time when WW realizes that he is out of control and doesn't call the shots. But after Jesse kills the fly (interesting that WW calls out the fly/contamination, but Jesse kills it), why does another fly shows up at the end. Killing the fly would mean WW is back in control according to your theory.

Maybe I'm looking into it too much. But Gilligan is big on symbolism and deeper meanings than just what you see on the surface.

For ex., I still don't know what that pink, half burned stuff animal that fell from the airplane explosion means. It's got to mean more than just a casualty from a plane crash. They spent so much time showing it to us.
    Have you ever noticed the similarity in scenes when you first see the bear in the pool, then it pans around slowly to the damaged/burned side to when Gus meets his demise... you see his good side, wonder if anything happened then it pans around the same way to that same side of his face?
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    Have you ever noticed the similarity in scenes when you first see the bear in the pool, then it pans around slowly to the damaged/burned side to when Gus meets his demise... you see his good side, wonder if anything happened then it pans around the same way to that same side of his face?
    Ahhhhh.....I see.

When the dolls fell from the plane into WW's pool, WW was wearing a pink sweater and shirt. I thought the doll related to him somehow.

Gotta put Mad Men somewhere on that list too.
    no Sons of Anarchy?

+ Reply to Thread