+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: monday fun!

Also Dion Jordan looked pretty good last night. Can't wait to see where his career is going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Selvie is actually behind Wilber, Bass and Crawford (who is sadly out for the year), but he looked pretty good last night. I think Thomas made him look better than he is, but he also looked great when he got time rushing from the DT position. He wasn't matched up on Thomas all last night, but he made his presence felt on just about every snap.

And as mentioned last night, Selvie is a journeyman, but might be in the right spot finally with great d line coaching with Rod Marinelli. He's still only 26.

I'm excited about the guy-- could be a pretty good rotation guy.
    I've always felt in the right system he could flourish. He was a monster in college at USF so you know the talent is there. You guys also have good depth at RB it seems. Tanner and Randle impressed me watching them even though it was only preseason Tanner had some Marshawn Lynch type runs breaking tackles.

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

Also Dion Jordan looked pretty good last night. Can't wait to see where his career is going.
    As a Ducks fan I second this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    I've always felt in the right system he could flourish. He was a monster in college at USF so you know the talent is there. You guys also have good depth at RB it seems. Tanner and Randle impressed me watching them even though it was only preseason Tanner had some Marshawn Lynch type runs breaking tackles.
    Tanner is a favorite of mine. He's a good local kid and wants nothing more than to be on the team and help contribute/does all things the right way and works his butt off, and that's not the first time he's tried to sprint downfield without his helmet. The problem is, he won't do that against the real competition.

I think Dunbar and Randle have the better shot at making the team, but I'm rooting heavily for Tanner. Either way, it looks like we'll have decent competition between the 3 options which is a plus.

I remember how good Ojomo and Broha looked last year in preseason. They didnt even make the 53. Its just preseason. We are all just starved for football and try to make these players feel good stories. Every once in a while you find a Victor Cruz, but it is rare. Salvie was solid in college so there is potential, but he was passed around the league for a reason. Although, the so was Cameron Wake, once a NY Giant who was cut so you never know.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I remember how good Ojomo and Broha looked last year in preseason. They didnt even make the 53. Its just preseason. We are all just starved for football and try to make these players feel good stories. Every once in a while you find a Victor Cruz, but it is rare. Salvie was solid in college so there is potential, but he was passed around the league for a reason. Although, the so was Cameron Wake, once a NY Giant who was cut so you never know.
    There is a slight difference, though. So far I've seen pretty tempered expectations with Selvie-- most Cowboys fans are just hoping for a solid rotation guy.

Last year it seems like you guys were hoping for the same thing with Ojomo, but you still had 3 DEs that weren't going to be moved from their spots with Tuck, Osi and JPP. We don't have that 3rd go to guy as of yet... or at least it hasn't been solidified.

We lost Tyrone Crawford for the year, who likely would have been that guy, so now we're counting on a tweener in Kyle Wilber, a DE-DT tweener with Ben Bass, and now it appears possibly Selvie. All of those guys have looked good so far, but who knows how it will turn out.

There is a slight difference, though. So far I've seen pretty tempered expectations with Selvie-- most Cowboys fans are just hoping for a solid rotation guy.

Last year it seems like you guys were hoping for the same thing with Ojomo, but you still had 3 DEs that weren't going to be moved from their spots with Tuck, Osi and JPP. We don't have that 3rd go to guy as of yet... or at least it hasn't been solidified.

We lost Tyrone Crawford for the year, who likely would have been that guy, so now we're counting on a tweener in Kyle Wilber, a DE-DT tweener with Ben Bass, and now it appears possibly Selvie. All of those guys have looked good so far, but who knows how it will turn out.
    And this is the only reason I watch preseason at all. Not to watch Eli or Romo, but to watch guys on the cust fighting for a spot.

Odellious Beckinghammer the Twice, Go get yours soon.

What are your thoughts on Cole Beasley? Does he make the 53 again? It looked like he made a couple mental errors vs Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    What are your thoughts on Cole Beasley? Does he make the 53 again? It looked like he made a couple mental errors vs Miami.
    Surprisingly, yeah I think he could make it. I was about to say 'no', but who's going to beat him out? Dez and Miles, obviously. Harris has secured his spot because he started to show something at WR last year, but his return ability is the biggest reason why he's a lock. Terence Williams is the supposed heir to Miles Austin's spot, so he's also probably a lock.

But there's not much else behind that and I think they like what he could become. My guess is he's got at least another year to make an impression.

Surprisingly, yeah I think he could make it. I was about to say 'no', but who's going to beat him out? Dez and Miles, obviously. Harris has secured his spot because he started to show something at WR last year, but his return ability is the biggest reason why he's a lock. Terence Williams is the supposed heir to Miles Austin's spot, so he's also probably a lock.

But there's not much else behind that and I think they like what he could become. My guess is he's got at least another year to make an impression.
    Agree, Beasley makes the 53 but this could be his last season if he doesn't make that jump to the next level. There really is no one else to take that spot, maybe Benford or Coale but I think those two get released in hopes that one of them makes the PS.

+ Reply to Thread