+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NY YANKEES THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not sure what the **** were......but i assume it was........."Morehead, I'm real of of" youuuuuuuuu

I crack myself up!!!!!
    It rhymes with suck, like the redsox in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    It rhymes with suck, like the redsox in the playoffs.
    I'm sorry Dez, but its time to pay the piper for the Yankees. After all the dumb signings, the Yanks are going to have to step back and rebuild.

Might as well put a Ferris wheel and a merry go round out there in center field, because the Yankees just became a bona-fide circus with this Arod nonsense.
    The Yankees have just become the Jets...and they have no one to blame but themselves.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I was saying all season, this year they need to be sellers. I got ridiculed saying I was giving up on the season andn should root for the Red Sox. Some Yankee fans are annoying as hell. Spoiled. The season is over for the bombers and now they didnt make any trades to build towards the future. Big mistake. Kuroda would of realed in a nice prospect or 2. Cano should of been dealt as well for like 4 or 5 prospects. Andy, Jeter, Arod, Tex all are looking done in their careers. Mo is done after this season. Yankees are going to be stuck in purgatory for another 4-5 years at least. It is the 80's all over again. I am so glad they won it all in 2009...

Byt he way, Cashman is a horrible GM. How can the Yankees have absolutely nothing in the minor league system? Almost every player that comes up fails. Nova and Gardner maybe the 2 exceptions. Hughes? Chamberlain? Kennedy? The Killer Bs? Even the superstar Montero was a dud on juice. Yankees drafting is terrible.

And when they signed Youk this season, I nearly flipped and became a Met fan. I knew he would not give a crap about the team he hated for years... and he doesnt even want to be here. The yankees basically just gave him $12M to be hurt.
    How could the Yankees been sellers? First you are aware that the two players you mentioned (Cano & Kuroda) are free agents after the season. You really think a team would trade top prospects for players they are renting for a couple of months? Also Kuroda has stated he is playing over seas next year. And I agree the Yankees farm system is horrible, we have a bunch of prospects that are years away from major league level. But there is a reason for that, the Yankees have been a top contending team for almost two decades, it's hard to draft top prospects when you are always winning 90-100 games a year. Here's a startling fact, when was the last positional player the Yankees brought up through the farm system that made an impact on the team? Robinson Cano, Brett Gardner has been a good player but not a player you can build a franchise around. Every team you watch they have 1 or 2 top positional players waiting on the wings or already playing in the big leagues. The Yankees have to find those players, they had a chance to get Yasiel Puig but choose not to. Opps....

Andy and Mo are retiring after the season, and Jeter can't seem to stay away from the DL. What do the Yankees do? Do they offer him a 1 year contract to end his career? Or let him walk? Be kind of hard to let the face of your franchise play for another team no matter how you look at it. I'm concerned about Tex, the last year and half he has dealt with wrist issues, and he's getting older. Also he can still hit for power and play a solid first base, but his average has gone down every year.

That Montero trade was bad for both franchises, but the thing is if we kept Montero for another year or so made him look like a top young player we could have gotten another top prospect from another team. The Yankees didn't do enough homework on Pineda, and from what I'm hearing he won't play till next season. The Youkilis deal was bad from the start, this wasn't the same player in Boston, this was a guy whose best years were behind him and the Yankees got desperate because of A-Rod's injury. Also another big mistake was not resigning Martin, he has helped the Pirates pitching staff tremendously. The Yankees catchers this year have been arguably the worst I have seen in a Yankees uniform in a long time.

The Yankees have some work to do this off-season, they have to decide what to do with Cano, no team will give him a 10 year deal, and neither should the Yankees. Granderson and Hughes are good as gone, and this team is getting older by the season. Tough times ahead of this franchise.

Giants fan since the early 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ny06 View Post
    How could the Yankees been sellers? First you are aware that the two players you mentioned (Cano & Kuroda) are free agents after the season. You really think a team would trade top prospects for players they are renting for a couple of months? Also Kuroda has stated he is playing over seas next year. And I agree the Yankees farm system is horrible, we have a bunch of prospects that are years away from major league level. But there is a reason for that, the Yankees have been a top contending team for almost two decades, it's hard to draft top prospects when you are always winning 90-100 games a year. Here's a startling fact, when was the last positional player the Yankees brought up through the farm system that made an impact on the team? Robinson Cano, Brett Gardner has been a good player but not a player you can build a franchise around. Every team you watch they have 1 or 2 top positional players waiting on the wings or already playing in the big leagues. The Yankees have to find those players, they had a chance to get Yasiel Puig but choose not to. Opps....

Andy and Mo are retiring after the season, and Jeter can't seem to stay away from the DL. What do the Yankees do? Do they offer him a 1 year contract to end his career? Or let him walk? Be kind of hard to let the face of your franchise play for another team no matter how you look at it. I'm concerned about Tex, the last year and half he has dealt with wrist issues, and he's getting older. Also he can still hit for power and play a solid first base, but his average has gone down every year.

That Montero trade was bad for both franchises, but the thing is if we kept Montero for another year or so made him look like a top young player we could have gotten another top prospect from another team. The Yankees didn't do enough homework on Pineda, and from what I'm hearing he won't play till next season. The Youkilis deal was bad from the start, this wasn't the same player in Boston, this was a guy whose best years were behind him and the Yankees got desperate because of A-Rod's injury. Also another big mistake was not resigning Martin, he has helped the Pirates pitching staff tremendously. The Yankees catchers this year have been arguably the worst I have seen in a Yankees uniform in a long time.

The Yankees have some work to do this off-season, they have to decide what to do with Cano, no team will give him a 10 year deal, and neither should the Yankees. Granderson and Hughes are good as gone, and this team is getting older by the season. Tough times ahead of this franchise.
    The only thing I would say is that most good prospects in the minors weren't first round picks. The Yanks farm system is bad for a lot of reasons. One is that they have traded away some of their prospects for short term vets.

"Not winning playoff games since 2008!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    "Not winning playoff games since 2008!!!!"
    and juicing for the ones they did!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    and juicing for the ones they did!! haha
    May I list the Yankees who were suspended recently?
    Or the list of Yankees who have admitted to using PED's? Didn't think so.

Poor salesmanship De. (that's right..you lose that "Z" again for that one)
    Best to leave that topic alone.

I'm sorry Dez, but its time to pay the piper for the Yankees. After all the dumb signings, the Yanks are going to have to step back and rebuild.

Might as well put a Ferris wheel and a merry go round out there in center field, because the Yankees just became a bona-fide circus with this Arod nonsense.
    The Yankees have just become the Jets...and they have no one to blame but themselves.
    that's some f'd up crap to write. The Jets? wow, even that's low for you MHS. But yes Cashman needs to be FIRED and take his dipstick skipper with him as he goes out the door

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

good **** Brett, I hate the tigers too...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I thought this was an 85 win team they might not even win that many. The future for this franchise is extremely bleak. its going to be 4 or 5 years before they can compete for World Series again. , I see absolutely no reason for optimism either. We have aging players that suck or cant get on the field at 3 infield spots. Cano is going to want 30 million over 8 years probably and that will screw us even more. We have not 1 outfielder thats worth a damn as Granderson is gone. Please tell me why this team, will be any good. I rather have the Mets roster right now. Im disgusted with the direction of this franchise. I can not believe they let it get this bad. How do u not try to get better or younger. They are in a 2 year holding pattern. I dont mind losing but actually rebuild with youth. If they were going to spend money they should of spent it on a 22 year older like Puig not garbage like Youkalis. i was pissed off about this season from the jump.There was no reason for excitement or optimism with this team. Being an old team that cant win is the worst thing u can be.I usually purchase a ticket package but I didnt even bother this year. I refuse to pay top dollar for this
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-10-2013 at 12:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread