+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Which is what exactly? You come to a Yankees thread and post a red sox logo and start calling them a circus, so spare me the sportsmanship bs. Then you start going off on Arod when the Redsox have also had problems with players and PHDs, youre just in denial about it.
    And I know you have been out of the loop as far as rooting for the yankees goes, but I can assure you that most yankee fans feel the same way I do about that subject.
    Has nothing to do with steroids Dez.
    Its about a team forced to start a player that they have been trying to get the league to issue a lifetime ban for. They want him off the team. they want his contract off the books, and yet there he stands at 3rd base.

Yes Dezzypoo.....Its a circus.

You keep bringing up "tainted championships". Well do you think any team with a player who is juicing that wins a championship has a "tainted championship" or not?
    I don't since half the players (or more) have been juicing at one point of another in MLB.
    You want it both ways my friend.
    Decide what your opinion is and we will discuss it then.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Not my point.
    I'm responding to a particular Yankee fan poster who wants to suggest that the Sox championships are tainted. Surely you see the hypocrisy in that.
    Of course, but then again, I am sure all championships since the 1980s are "tainted" in some way.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Which is what exactly? You come to a Yankees thread and post a red sox logo and start calling them a circus, so spare me the sportsmanship bs. Then you start going off on Arod when the Redsox have also had problems with players and PHDs, youre just in denial about it.
    And I know you have been out of the loop as far as rooting for the yankees goes, but I can assure you that most yankee fans feel the same way I do about that subject.
    What?! They can't get their PHD's? What idiots they must be! lol
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

who said the yankees are lobbying for anything? they have no say in arod's punishment. obviously if his contract was voided and therefore doesn't count against the books it would add a good deal of flexibility going forward. with that said where are these sources that claim the yankees are lobbying for anything? please don't give me beat writer rumors either.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    who said the yankees are lobbying for anything? they have no say in arod's punishment. obviously if his contract was voided and therefore doesn't count against the books it would add a good deal of flexibility going forward. with that said where are these sources that claim the yankees are lobbying for anything? please don't give me beat writer rumors either.
    Well lets deal with what we can all agree with.....

1. The Yankees want Arod's contract off the books
    2. The Yankees want Arod off the field
    3. Arod is the current starting third baseman for the Yankees.

They are starting a player that they want no part of. And the fans want no part of.
    I think that deserves at least a ferris wheel.......don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Well lets deal with what we can all agree with.....

1. The Yankees want Arod's contract off the books
    2. The Yankees want Arod off the field
    3. Arod is the current starting third baseman for the Yankees.

They are starting a player that they want no part of. And the fans want no part of.
    I think that deserves at least a ferris wheel.......don't you?
    the yankees want to be rid of him IF he ends up being suspended for a long time. otherwise he is still a productive player. he is by far more productive than any other options they have currently available to them at this time. therefore i don't think they want to get rid of him just to get rid of him. if his appeal fails and he is in fact suspended for 200 something games then i'm sure at that point they would surely hope they could get out of his contract. but as of now he's helping the team and i think they're happy he's out there producing.

i don't think cashman represents the entire organizations feelings. as we've seen in the past he didn't want to sign certain players or give out certain contracts but was essentially forced to.

i also wouldn't agree with the idea that all fans want no part of him. a lot of yankee fans have hated arod long before the steroid stuff but he still has some supporters. i don't hate him or want him gone at this point if he's helping the team win. going forward? sure i would hope we can get out of his contract. but that idea seems unlikely to me.
    Last edited by kNicksGiants; 08-12-2013 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicksGiants View Post
    the yankees want to be rid of him IF he ends up being suspended for a long time. otherwise he is still a productive player. he is by far more productive than any other options they have currently available to them at this time. therefore i don't think they want to get rid of him just to get rid of him. if his appeal fails and he is in fact suspended for 200 something games then i'm sure at that point they would surely hope they could get out of his contract. but as of now he's helping the team and i think they're happy he's out there producing.

i don't think cashman represents the entire organizations feelings. as we've seen in the past he didn't want to sign certain players or give out certain contracts but was essentially forced to.

i also wouldn't agree with the idea that all fans want no part of him. a lot of yankee fans have hated arod long before the steroid stuff but he still has some supporters. i don't hate him or want him gone at this point if he's helping the team win. going forward? sure i would hope we can get out of his contract. but that idea seems unlikely to me.
    He is going to be suspended for at least all of next season, which means he will come back near or at age 40 after not having played for a year. Right now he is simply trying to delay the suspension to get as much salary now before the suspension. He is clearly the most hated player in baseball (even by Yankee fans) and is the most hated since Bonds. At least Giants fans still liked Bonds.
    He is the baseball equivalent of the "walking dead".
    This entire situation is a stain on the Yankee organization, caused by Hank and Hal with their complete stupidity in signing an already old ballplayer for 10 years. Now add the whole steroid thing and its a nightmare.

You can rationalize this if you want. But it is what it is.

1) Yes that 190Mil contract (?) was goofy beyond words

2) I am offended at the phrase "Tainted Championship:" it is NOT like the entirety of the squad, or 50% or even 25% of the team was on the stuff.

Say what you will, but there is a very strong bias against the Yankees, and NY Sports teams in general.

I won't play the NY Sportsfan Victim card but, seriously, F all you haters. seriously.

Historically the Yanks have been phenomenal and when I hear people degrade my Team I get angry on behalf of Berra, Maris, Thurman, Mantle, Cone, Reggie, Goose, Straw, Knoblach, Jeter, Boggs, Tino, Scott, Catfish, Wetteland, Mariano, Mattingly, Guidry, Jorge, Pettite (YES Pettite), Whitey, Paul, The Babe, Lou ...

my point is Yankees = Baseball History and to me Yankees' haters are disrespectful, crybaby-types who if their crap Club won as many Championships and all that would expect to be treated with respect.

read: The Cards, The Giants and Dodgers... all else are butt stains that fester their envy and jealousy through overly-used cliche' and BS rhetoric of the waah-waah "other team" sports fan. Hello ChiSux fans (middlefingers)
    Last edited by giantyankee1976; 08-12-2013 at 07:02 PM.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Quote Originally Posted by giantyankee1976 View Post
    1) Yes that 190Mil contract (?) was goofy beyond words

2) I am offended at the phrase "Tainted Championship:" it is NOT like the entirety of the squad, or 50% or even 25% of the team was on the stuff.

Say what you will, but there is a very strong bias against the Yankees, and NY Sports teams in general.

I won't play the NY Sportsfan Victim card but, seriously, F all you haters. seriously.

Historically the Yanks have been phenomenal and when I hear people degrade my Team I get angry on behalf of Berra, Maris, Thurman, Mantle, Cone, Reggie, Goose, Straw, Knoblach, Jeter, Boggs, Tino, Scott, Catfish, Wetteland, Mariano, Mattingly, Guidry, Jorge, Pettite (YES Pettite), Whitey, Paul, The Babe, Lou ...

my point is Yankees = Baseball History and to me Yankees' haters are disrespectful, crybaby-types who if their crap Club won as many Championships and all that would expect to be treated with respect.

read: The Cards, The Giants and Dodgers... all else are butt stains that fester their envy and jealousy through overly-used cliche' and BS rhetoric of the waah-waah "other team" sports fan. Hello ChiSux fans (middlefingers)
    You are misunderstanding my point.
    My problem is with a particular poster who, when I post a Sox logo or something like that, likes to accuse the Sox of "tainted championships" because he's a "tad" unsophisticated.
    He can't help himself. But when a Yankee fan starts that **** up its a tad hypocritical for reason you and I understand clearly.
    I have no problem with any teams championships but some fans can't accept things in real terms.
    I've never cried or complained about any Yankees championship. Too bad a few Yankee fans won't extend the same in return.

And BTW...Arod is degrading those players.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 08-12-2013 at 09:05 PM.

the hot corner is cold, very cold...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI