+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    I love your optimism...you have some left over for me?

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

The Red Sox *** kicking has finally put this awful season to rest. Dark times have come Yankee fans.I see another 2 playoff less seasons coming before we can contend again. I predicted 85 - 77 before the season. Looks more like 87 - 75. Probably a similar record next season. Minor league help isnt coming till 2015

All-Pro
    Red Sacks clinch.. Devil must be winning this year eh?

Whats this nonsense I'm reading in the paper about Petitte retiring and stealing Rivera's thunder?? Mo has been on the most ridiculous "retirement tour" I've ever seen'
    He's the greatest "closer" to ever come in and pitch to 3 or 4 batters. I don't even recognize that as any big achievement. A majority of his "saves" weren't even true "saves" because the closer role has become automatic with him coming in when a starter wasn't even in any trouble..
    And he also has a blown save that cost us a Playoff series and a blown save that cost us a World Series on his resume' too,
    Mo is a class act, a nice guy and he's done the Yanks proud as a representative of the team.....but he's going to the HOF for a role I don't even recognize as legit,
    The game I grew up loving in the 60's didn't have any of these 8th inning guys, or "closer's to pitch an inning .
    If a Starter struggled early they brought in a "long reliever" who would usually pitch the rest of the game, If a starter or long reliever got into trouble, THEN they brought in a "relief pitcher to try and save the win in a REAL closer situation.
    I don't see how Petitte announcing his retirement 3 days before Mo's party on Sunday is stealing the spotlight from MO. If you ask me, the season long Party for Mo has gone on long enough already. If anyone has ruined MO's going away party it's been MO himself for staying a year too long and blowing a ridiculous number of games. ironically, in the very year when he's being recognized for being the "best " of all time at saving games.
    The Party has gotten too loud and it's time to call the cops!!!! Enough already.
    If you ask me, Petitte should have been the one on the retirement tour because he has the most POST SEASON wins in baseball history.....the most important time of the season, and he's not even being talked about for the HOF, while MO is going on the first ballot?? Something wrong there. If i were Petitt, I'd be thinking to myself....WTF!
    Last edited by bigblue58; 09-21-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwgn86 View Post
    Red Sacks clinch.. Devil must be winning this year eh?
    As a Yankee fan, hatred for the Red Sox is in my DNA.
    Here's hoping that the losing streak they avoided all season long arrives in time for them to be swept out of the playoffs in the first round!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Here's hoping that the losing streak they avoided all season long arrives in time for them to be swept out of the playoffs in the first round!
    As a general rule, I don't agree with Yankees fans as it wouldn't validate my sanity but I'll make an exception this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Must have killed you to see the Sox organization and fans honoring Mo.

Its called..."class".
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Must have killed you to see the Sox organization and fans honoring Mo.

Its called..."class".
    Stop being dramatic. Yanks played Sweet Caroline when the bombings happened. Yanks show plenty of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by dezzzR View Post
    Stop being dramatic. Yanks played Sweet Caroline when the bombings happened. Yanks show plenty of their own.
    But I'm not complaining about them.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    But I'm not complaining about them.
    Maybe not now, but you sure have in the past. All the Yankees are on PEDs and all the Sox are clean right?