+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: he is annoying

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorCrue View Post
    its ok to dream....really it is...however I deal in realities and realistically ill take a healthy Miles over cruz, nicks and whoever else are the g receivers(nobodies) anyday. last two seasons Miles been hurting with that damn hammy but he FINALLY looks like he's over it. can't wait till the double coverage on Dez begins. teams will fear the g's passing game? everyone knows the g's aren't gonna have a run game this yr so defenses are gonna be set against the pass for the most part. I see a very bad year for poor lil eli because of this. you guys are gonna lose so bad opening night
    18 consecutive years of failure is a pretty harsh reality.....

lol, this is a bunch of hogwash....you gonna hear it here first, Austin, Dez, AND Witten will each get a 1000 yards this season if healthy. bank on it
    I will hear it here last as well, if you are wrong do you promise to never come back?

Quote Originally Posted by NYG- View Post
    I will hear it here last as well, if you are wrong do you promise to never come back?
    ill second that one ...amen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG- View Post
    do you promise to never come back if all three do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Likely Randle vs Williams... both will be pretty comparable in the future, but Randle's got at least the one year on him, so I'd give him the edge for now. Randle vs Harris is a push at best right now.
    lol ur gonna see how wrong that claim is and how badly u wished it were true...to be honest, randle has dez upside. hes just not there experience wise. dont be surprised if its randle with the 2 td MVP performance

Really? I've always liked the Austin/Cruz comparison.

Both Jersey kids. Both UFAs. Both had their breakout seasons after an injury to a teammate, at age 25. Then both had a down year the following season. They have completely different styles, but it's not hard to see the parallels of Austin and Cruz.

I think if Cruz puts up another 1,000 yard season it won't really settle all that much, to be honest. I think it would have to be that versus how Austin will do this year. If he has the same health concerns and doesn't produce then, yeah, you can place Cruz further ahead of him. But again, Austin has been hamstrung the last 2 years so it's not like "Oh Austin didn't have 3 consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, so therefore Cruz is better" if that makes sense.

I think Randle could be pretty good, too. But I'm not going to count on it yet. If I were to do that, I could easily say the same thing about Williams and this would still be a push. At this time, Louis Murphy is the only real edge the Giants have over Dallas if we're talking about WRs-- just my opinion and I'm doing my best to be as objective as possible.
    lol cruz's "down yr" was like Austins career yr basically

Also we're winning the super bowl this year, so...
    not wishing for injury or anything but watch something like that happen week 1 and orton is ur qb

JJ is always annoying and it has nothing to do with his answering a dumd question from a a dopy TMZ kid.

JJ is great as an onwer, good for the NFL, and bad as a GM. He needs to stay in his box give the GM job to some one he trusts and not a puppet.
    However, thankfully he doesnt do that because I think the Boys would have had a an SB win or two in recent years.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

do you promise to never come back if all three do?

This is a giants board, why would any giant fan have to leave this place?

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    lol cruz's "down yr" was like Austins career yr basically
    Ehhh not really.

Austin's best year pretty much mirrored Cruz's best year once they both became starters.

Austin: 80rec (6.6 rec/gm) 1,239 yds (103 yds/gm) 15.5 ypc, 10TDs (.83 tds/gm)
    Cruz: 80rec (5.7 rec/gm) 1,519yds (108 yds/gm) 19 ypc, 9TDs (.64 tds/gm)

So Cruz wins decisively in total yards, yds/gm and ypc, and Austin wins receptions per game, tds and tds per game.

The findings are congruent with the roles they had.

Austin was the clear cut number 1 on that '09 Cowboys squad and Cruz was the number 2 while Nicks drew more coverage.

Year 2 (their down years are pretty similar too).

Austin: 119 tgts 69 Rec, 1042 yds, 15.1 avg, 7tds
    Cruz: 143 tgts, 86 rec, 1092 yds, 12.7 avg, 10tds

It's important to note that was the year that Romo was knocked out of the season in week 5. And up until then, Austin was on pace for a 1,500yd+ season. Not saying that would've happened, but I think it was apparent to anyone who watched that season closely that there wasn't a strong rapport between Kitna and Austin. Austin likely would've finished considerably better that year with Romo.

And of course since then he hasn't been healthy. But when he has been (see early 2011), he was once again outstanding.

But overall, I think you can see that Austin's career year ('09) was far better than Cruz' down year.

+ Reply to Thread