+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 92

Thread: he is annoying

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Ehhh not really.

    Austin's best year pretty much mirrored Cruz's best year once they both became starters.

    Austin: 80rec (6.6 rec/gm) 1,239 yds (103 yds/gm) 15.5 ypc, 10TDs (.83 tds/gm)
    Cruz: 80rec (5.7 rec/gm) 1,519yds (108 yds/gm) 19 ypc, 9TDs (.64 tds/gm)

    So Cruz wins decisively in total yards, yds/gm and ypc, and Austin wins receptions per game, tds and tds per game.

    The findings are congruent with the roles they had.

    Austin was the clear cut number 1 on that '09 Cowboys squad and Cruz was the number 2 while Nicks drew more coverage.

    Year 2 (their down years are pretty similar too).

    Austin: 119 tgts 69 Rec, 1042 yds, 15.1 avg, 7tds
    Cruz: 143 tgts, 86 rec, 1092 yds, 12.7 avg, 10tds

    It's important to note that was the year that Romo was knocked out of the season in week 5. And up until then, Austin was on pace for a 1,500yd+ season. Not saying that would've happened, but I think it was apparent to anyone who watched that season closely that there wasn't a strong rapport between Kitna and Austin. Austin likely would've finished considerably better that year with Romo.

    And of course since then he hasn't been healthy. But when he has been (see early 2011), he was once again outstanding.

    But overall, I think you can see that Austin's career year ('09) was far better than Cruz' down year.
    i expect to see those type of numbers this year if Miles stays healthy. higher actually cuz i believe Miles can have his best yr this season. Dez to. Its gonna be fun watching em

  2. #72
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    19,335
    Austin had over 1300 yards in 2009.

  3. #73
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Austin had over 1300 yards in 2009.

    Yeah, but I subtracted the yards and the 1 TD prior to the KC game in week 5. He wasn't a starter until that game because of an injury to Roy Williams. Thought that would be a more fair comparison.

    I also subtracted a few yards from Cruz in games prior to that breakout Philly game he had.

  4. #74
    my comment was more directed at the labeling of cruz's 2nd yr as an off yr. while he didnt put up 1500 yds and whatever the stat line was in 2011, he still put up, what, top 5? top 10? wr #s?
    whatd he have in this "off year" like 1100-1200 yards? 10 tds? 80-90 receptions?
    yea, basically miles career yr...

  5. #75
    and, your comment about kitna/austin vs romo/austin is pure speculation. you feel that the rappore wasnt there. from what i remember of watching the cowboys, and i actually do watch other teams and try to be educated, kitna wasnt exactly afraid to just throw it up to austin.

    in fact, that season, we beat u guys in dallas with romo, and then u guys beat us with kitna at giants stadium. dallas with romo 1-6, w/kitna like 4-5 was it? i recall couple players even murmuring that there should be legit qb battle between the 2 lol. but to say austin would have produced more had romo been there is unfounded imo. maybe he has less? maybe romo is more judicious that yr with the ball compared to kitna whom like i said, from the recollection i had, had absolutely no qualm throwing the ball downfield.

    and, yes, cruz's "off year" was virtually austins career yr in many aspects. same TDs about same receptions...how many times was austin targeted the season he had 80 receptions? i'd venture it was the same or more than cruz's "off year"

    and where exactly is Austin's best yr "far better" than cruz's "off year"? bc all i see is a diff of 3 yards per reception and about 150 total yards (less than 10 per gam)...
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 09-04-2013 at 03:00 AM.

  6. #76
    and if ur gonna afford austin the romo/kitna excuse, wouldnt cruz be afforded the "nicks was hurt so teams could focus solely on cruz" excuse?

  7. #77
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    my comment was more directed at the labeling of cruz's 2nd yr as an off yr. while he didnt put up 1500 yds and whatever the stat line was in 2011, he still put up, what, top 5? top 10? wr #s?
    whatd he have in this "off year" like 1100-1200 yards? 10 tds? 80-90 receptions?
    yea, basically miles career yr...
    Are you serious? I just posted the numbers above. Cruz had 1,092 (so about 1,100-- I'll round up) 10 tds. He was 15th overall in yards (19th in yds/gm), finishing just above Hartline. Where you want to place him for overall rank is subjective.

    Which, yes, is pretty similar to Miles Austin down year following his breakout year when he finished 14th overall in yards (20th in yds/gm).

  8. #78
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    and, your comment about kitna/austin vs romo/austin is pure speculation. you feel that the rappore wasnt there. from what i remember of watching the cowboys, and i actually do watch other teams and try to be educated, kitna wasnt exactly afraid to just throw it up to austin.

    in fact, that season, we beat u guys in dallas with romo, and then u guys beat us with kitna at giants stadium. dallas with romo 1-6, w/kitna like 4-5 was it? i recall couple players even murmuring that there should be legit qb battle between the 2 lol. but to say austin would have produced more had romo been there is unfounded imo. maybe he has less? maybe romo is more judicious that yr with the ball compared to kitna whom like i said, from the recollection i had, had absolutely no qualm throwing the ball downfield.

    and, yes, cruz's "off year" was virtually austins career yr in many aspects. same TDs about same receptions...how many times was austin targeted the season he had 80 receptions? i'd venture it was the same or more than cruz's "off year"

    and where exactly is Austin's best yr "far better" than cruz's "off year"? bc all i see is a diff of 3 yards per reception and about 150 total yards (less than 10 per gam)...
    Pure speculation, you say? Is that why Austin's 5 complete games with Romo he had three 140+ yard games? With Kitna he just crossed 100 yards twice more for the rest of the season. Not to mention, he received roughly 40% of his targets for the year in those 5 games.

    You didn't beat us in Dallas with Romo. When Romo went out of the game the Cowboys were up double digits IIRC. Kitna came in, and the Cowboys lost. I'm not saying Kitna was garbage, but he certainly didn't have the same rapport with Austin as Romo did. And yes there was some murmuring that there should be competition between the two (from the village idiot, Martellus Bennett, no less). Anyone who watched the games know it wasn't Kitna that was making the biggest difference. Pasquloni's defense was more opportunistic, doubling the amount of takeaways from the first half of the season. I'm sure you remember Kitna starting against the Packers... ya know. When we lost 45-7.

    And no, Austin's best year is Miles (ha!) better than Cruz' down year. He wins in bulk stats, but more importantly averages. Again, Miles did not get his first start until week 5. Cruz started every game.

    Just for quick comparison sake, Austin averaged 103 yds/gm in 2009 after he became the starter. Cruz averaged about 35 yards per game less at 68 yds/gm. There's more, but I'll just leave it at that.

  9. #79
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,571
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    and if ur gonna afford austin the romo/kitna excuse, wouldnt cruz be afforded the "nicks was hurt so teams could focus solely on cruz" excuse?
    I did, initially. Back a few posts when I brought up the parallels between the two. But I went back and cropped some out some wording to try to keep it shorter.

    It's important to note both players faced adversity through injury through teammates-- Nicks for the Giants, Romo for the Cowboys.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Pure speculation, you say? Is that why Austin's 5 complete games with Romo he had three 140+ yard games? With Kitna he just crossed 100 yards twice more for the rest of the season. Not to mention, he received roughly 40% of his targets for the year in those 5 games.

    You didn't beat us in Dallas with Romo. When Romo went out of the game the Cowboys were up double digits IIRC. Kitna came in, and the Cowboys lost. I'm not saying Kitna was garbage, but he certainly didn't have the same rapport with Austin as Romo did. And yes there was some murmuring that there should be competition between the two (from the village idiot, Martellus Bennett, no less). Anyone who watched the games know it wasn't Kitna that was making the biggest difference. Pasquloni's defense was more opportunistic, doubling the amount of takeaways from the first half of the season. I'm sure you remember Kitna starting against the Packers... ya know. When we lost 45-7.

    And no, Austin's best year is Miles (ha!) better than Cruz' down year. He wins in bulk stats, but more importantly averages. Again, Miles did not get his first start until week 5. Cruz started every game.

    Just for quick comparison sake, Austin averaged 103 yds/gm in 2009 after he became the starter. Cruz averaged about 35 yards per game less at 68 yds/gm. There's more, but I'll just leave it at that.
    I love this guy lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts