+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rb or qb first?

Rb or qb first?

I've been doing mocks with the standard opener of 2 rb early (unless megatron or graham is available with my 2nd rounder), but I've noticed some people taking rodgers or peyton early as well. Personally, since I'm able to reliably get a good qb in the 5th round (late 4th on 12-team mocks), with wilson, kaep, rg3, luck, and brady all generally available there) I haven't seen any real reason to do that. Is there something going over my.fantasy noob head? or is it just a stupid decision on their part?

No, you can easily get QBs this year IMO. There are plenty. When are you going to need a backup QB too? For one week? You just need one QB so not many people should be stupid enough to go after 2 QBs really early.

I'd say go RB, you have to get one early, if Megatron is available in the 2nd round, I pray that you get him...lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    No, you can easily get QBs this year IMO. There are plenty. When are you going to need a backup QB too? For one week? You just need one QB so not many people should be stupid enough to go after 2 QBs really early.

I'd say go RB, you have to get one early, if Megatron is available in the 2nd round, I pray that you get him...lmao.
    No nobody was picking double qb, but many would pick qb in.the first round. I had jimmy graham fall to me at the #20 pick in a 12-team, while rodgers, peyton, brees, as well as megaton and dez , all went in the first round.

Another question: if you land the last pick in a 12 team and both calvin and jimmy are on the board, could you get away with taking both and waiting for the goal line backs later?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    No nobody was picking double qb, but many would pick qb in.the first round. I had jimmy graham fall to me at the #20 pick in a 12-team, while rodgers, peyton, brees, as well as megaton and dez , all went in the first round.
    Right, so if people are picking QB at the first round, you should get the top RB or top WR. You'll still land a good QB in the 2nd or even 3rd round because people won't pick another QB for awhile

Right, so if people are picking QB at the first round, you should get the top RB or top WR. You'll still land a good QB in the 2nd or even 3rd round because people won't pick another QB for awhile
    I've been able to get wilson, brady, or kaep in the.late 4th in most of my mocks.

I've been able to get wilson, brady, or kaep in the.late 4th in most of my mocks.
    Sweet, then there you go. But also because Brady is eh....does he have weapons this year? He'll still do fine.

I'd take Kaep or Wilson if they were only there.

Sweet, then there you go. But also because Brady is eh....does he have weapons this year? He'll still do fine.

I'd take Kaep or Wilson if they were only there.
    Lack of weapons didn't stop brady from winning his first ring. Plus his value in fantasy will improve as the season progresses. His rookie wr will come around, gronk will return, and brady is at his best in december...

Lack of weapons didn't stop brady from winning his first ring. Plus his value in fantasy will improve as the season progresses. His rookie wr will come around, gronk will return, and brady is at his best in december...
    Right, that's what I meant when I said "he'll still do fine"

Brady is a great bet this year, especially considering how much his stock has tanked. It's all relative.

+ Reply to Thread