+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Irony...

Irony...

This morning on the show First Take they had Brian Dawkins talking about how the low block thrown by a San Fran o-lineman that resulted in an injury to the Minnesota defender's knee was "dirty". Not saying it was or wasn't but that they got a dirty player in my opinion to talk about it and pretend his career wasn't filled with cheapshots similar to that was ridiculous.

Dawkins went on to say when he grew up, he lived by the philosophy of looking a man in the eye before you hit them... and he would never blindly hit someone like that.

He mentioned the fine he got for the hit on Hilliard back in the day and, I got the impression at least, that he was saying he was wrongly fined.

Listen I don't put much into the show First Take... I find skip and steven a. clowns more than anything... and I don't watch the show much at all but I gotta say, hearing the spearing, dirty player dawkins talk about what is dirty and what isn't is very hypocritical and ironic.

Granted I'm a biased Big Blue fan that witnessed his cheap shots on a regular basis.

Anyway, anyone else think dawkins was dirty?

Nothing honestly stands out in my mind for him being a dirty player. He played hard and sometimes 'out of control', but I can't remember anything specifically. He was no Bill Romanowski.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Nothing honestly stands out in my mind for him being a dirty player. He played hard and sometimes 'out of control', but I can't remember anything specifically. He was no Bill Romanowski.
    Not saying he is one of the dirtiest players ever but, having seen him play... I distinctly remember him diving helmet first at players that were already on the ground or just about on the ground and spearing them with his helmet often enough. Am I remembering it incorrectly but didn't he do that to Adrian Peterson in the '08 wildcard game?

Maybe its an overreaction on my part but yes he was intense and all that but I always thought he was kind of a cheap shot artist as well.

Yeah, he did that. I remember that now. He definitely wasn't a saint. I'm not sure if I'd classify him as dirty, but again, I'm just having a hard time recalling a lot of his career. He was definitely reckless and had some dirty hits along the way.

he was known for hitting downed players already on the ground late. i forget the term its called. but he would repeatedly target players backs who were lready tackled and downed. sometimes he'd even get flagged for it but not near enough. i remember maybe it was even with denver, it was like over the top sickening. i never was so mad as i was that particular game he continually would like spear already downed players backs...

Quote Originally Posted by inexorably View Post
    This morning on the show First Take they had Brian Dawkins talking about how the low block thrown by a San Fran o-lineman that resulted in an injury to the Minnesota defender's knee was "dirty". Not saying it was or wasn't but that they got a dirty player in my opinion to talk about it and pretend his career wasn't filled with cheapshots similar to that was ridiculous.

Dawkins went on to say when he grew up, he lived by the philosophy of looking a man in the eye before you hit them... and he would never blindly hit someone like that.

He mentioned the fine he got for the hit on Hilliard back in the day and, I got the impression at least, that he was saying he was wrongly fined.

Listen I don't put much into the show First Take... I find skip and steven a. clowns more than anything... and I don't watch the show much at all but I gotta say, hearing the spearing, dirty player dawkins talk about what is dirty and what isn't is very hypocritical and ironic.

Granted I'm a biased Big Blue fan that witnessed his cheap shots on a regular basis.

Anyway, anyone else think dawkins was dirty?

That's ESPN for you!
    Steven A Smith wants so much to BE the story, it's kinda funny to watch.
    Bayless is just the resident contrarian employed to always take the opposite path in order to drum up debate.
    Look at all the ex athlete knuckleheads they employ after their retirement from the game. no matter how spotty their reputations are.

Bench Player
    Yeah, he did that. I remember that now. He definitely wasn't a saint. .
    Saying he definitely wasn't a "saint" after Bountygate.
    Now, that's IRONY!

;-)

CB Richard Sherman vs. Skip Bayless. Lol!

Sherman: "I'm better at life than you."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxHXNEdmvm4

Talk about a confident CB that can hold his own.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    CB Richard Sherman vs. Skip Bayless. Lol!

Sherman: "I'm better at life than you."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxHXNEdmvm4

Talk about a confident CB that can hold his own.
    As much as I despise Skip, I believe that if Sherman was on a different team he wouldnt be as effective and nowhere near Revis! Now that is a fact!
    "KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by FIFTY6G-MAN View Post
    As much as I despise Skip, I believe that if Sherman was on a different team he wouldnt be as effective and nowhere near Revis! Now that is a fact!
    Sherman is smart enough to avoid those comparison trap questions, which the media is just dying to jump on, and just lays the wood on Skip. Eli fell for that trap with the elite class comparison that caused a stir-up thanks thanks to the media, granted he did come to prove himself later on. Coughlin is one of the best in starving the media of any controversial material. The team doesn't need the unnessary distraction and attention plain and simple.