+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you violate the "no kickers before 14" rule for Josh Brown?

Would you violate the "no kickers before 14" rule for Josh Brown?

And if so, where woudl you take him?

It's obvious he can hit the shots he needs to and the New York Field Goal Giants are in full swing...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

He should be there at the end anyway, shouldn't he?

Personally, I'd never reach for a kicker (or DST, for that matter). They're always my final picks.

I was in a mock and I panicked because Justin Tucker and Matt Bryant went in the 10th, so I took Brown at the end of the 10th. Luckily it was just a mock...

Otherwise my 14th has always been a kicker and 15th a defense (one mock I drafted the jaguars defense just for the lulz). I play revolving door at defense anyway... it's mad easy to just look at who the Jets Browns Titans and Jags are playing to get a picture of what defense will excel...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

I have Justin Tucker, but, because I have such a deep bench (13 deep), I'm thinking about bringing Brown along for at least week 1.

Honestly I picked up Tynes as a UDFA in my league last year... three times he outscored ray rice... #NYFGGiants

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly I picked up Tynes as a UDFA in my league last year... three times he outscored ray rice... #NYFGGiants
    Hah yeah, I had my kicker outscore my Calvin Johnson for several weeks, too. Madness.

It's hard to get a bead on the later rounds in mocks, because most people tend to bail at around 10. That's been my experience, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Hah yeah, I had my kicker outscore my Calvin Johnson for several weeks, too. Madness.

It's hard to get a bead on the later rounds in mocks, because most people tend to bail at around 10. That's been my experience, at least.
    Pay leagues?

Never mind, mocks. Wow, I really misread that, lol.

I've been experimenting with picking late (between 9-12 in a 12-teamer) and found that I could basically collect a Grahamatron early, though it screws me over for RB. If Calvin is gone though I would take a RB (usually someone in the Trent Richardson range), but if I have that area of picks, Jimmy is still available in round 2...

The problem regarding kickers is that I would pick at the end of the 15th..If I could get Josh with that pick I would love it, but he's listed as a top 5 kicker now... I would need to take an early 14th flyer on him... which I guess is not that bad since I do revolving door on defense anyway...

We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

People are nuts this year, I picked at 10 in a 12 person league and had to grab two WRs back to back in rounds 1&2 because of the lack of depth at RB this season. As far as the kicker/DST goes, I still waited till the end to pickup both, and ended up with the Steelers(last DST picked) and I honestly forget the kicker lol. I would much rather take a flyer on a WR/RB before I picked a DST/K just because there is no one worth really reaching for early. Then again some K/DST starting going off the board starting in rd 12/13 so its not completely unheard of.

+ Reply to Thread