+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Question for the "Bad draft pick by JR (in regards to Pugh)" posters

hmm, looks like the OL is swiss cheese at the moment.

and while Pugh has by no means defined himself as a player, his first live action was impressive and certainly an excellent starting/building point...

imagine if instead of taking Pugh, we had taking Werner right now, or the other FSU DE...while we are kinda hurting at DE (JPP, Tuck), we would be infinitely worse off if we didn't have Pugh right now...

looks like the picks gonna pay dividends before week 1 even arrives...

I ask those that not only disliked, but hated the pick...how do you feel about taking him now after what we saw with his first live action, and how god awful DD looked combined with the injuries to Baas, Snee, and DD....
    Last edited by giantsfan420; 08-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.

and I realize this may be a bit premature, if one is taking the aspect that I'm discussing Pugh's level of play/talent level...
    thats not what this is...

it's more a, "Pughs going to be playing a ton due to injuries and lack of viable replacements" statement...which, if we hadn't taken Pugh, we'd be up ****s creek...without a paddle.

there will be some that will argue until they are blue in the face that it was a bad value. No matter how he turns out or what the team need was.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

yeah and thats somewhat fair...i just am saying, imagine we didnt have Pugh right now and instead had someone like X.Rhodes or S.Floyd....

we would be a million times worse off

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    yeah and thats somewhat fair...i just am saying, imagine we didnt have Pugh right now and instead had someone like X.Rhodes or S.Floyd....

well if they werent going to draft Pugh that means they would have gotten a vet earlier before the draft most likely.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I don't have an opinion either way on the Pugh pick, but its still premature to beat your chest about it. What if we get to the season and he sucks?? So yes he is gonna get significant preseason playing time. That by no means makes it a good pick, not that I'm saying it was a bad pick.

From another perspective where the starting O-line was getting old and expensive (salary cap) and the previous late O-line draft picks couldn't prove themselves special, the first-round pick Justin Pugh on a rookie-capped contract was a great and justified move either way. I wouldn't be suprised if the Giants drafted another O-lineman again in either rounds 1-3 next season.

I don't believe the o-line in Swiss cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    With Harris and Taylor IR's and it looking like we will keep only 2 QB's, we have some roster spots to work with.

I believe there may be room for improvement, but surely if Baas can't hold out, why not try this?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    With Harris and Taylor IR's and it looking like we will keep only 2 QB's, we have some roster spots to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post

While that is true in a vacuum. That isn't how it works really.

You don't know if we would have chosen someone else later in the draft or if we would have pursued a free agent in that choices place.

I do not think going into the season with JUST DD was ever going to be an option for this front office, and I wasn't against the Pugh pick either.