+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Myers, Louis Murphy

louis murphy is a hit or miss that's the thing. in oakland he was great at times then dissapeared for 3-4 games

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Do we even check down to our TE's or RB's?
    Considering MB had 90 targets last season, I'd say yes, we do throw to the right end.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    nice post. i agree for the most part.

i think myers will have success if we utilize him more on underneath routes, like a checkdown/move the chains option similar to how dallas uses witten. im not saying to not use him to challenge defenses downfield, its just maybe he and eli need to develop a rapport before it looks like its clicking...
    im sure Myers' area of responsibility is check downs and middle of the field type stuff. if he even get close to what Witten does hes having a good season.

occasionally Eli will try him deep to keep opposing defenses honest. those could be the game breakers.

i like the signing and think hes better than the Black Unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    im on board with Myers, not really that high for Murphy. If he can step in when somebody goes down and get one or two deep TDs he will be perfect for us
    whatever we get from Murphy will be at the expense of the other receivers. im thinking he will be included in many 3-4 wide receiver schemes. those opportunities is where he needs to make his money.

Quote Originally Posted by PennState1 View Post
    Think about it... Cruz and Meyer in the middle of the field with Nicks and Randall on the outside. Oh, and Wilson out of the backfield or AB2 blocking for Eli!! Now if only our Oline situation could improve!!!!
    As a group, these are rur best skill players ever.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Meyers better work on his blocking because it has been AWFUL...he makes Bear Pascoe look like an All Pro TE. I'm really hoping Robinson and Donnell both develop and quickly bc we need some REAL tight ends. Not one guy who can block and one guy who is a receiving TE, that won't cut it on this team.

GET WELL SOON

Quote Originally Posted by winston.charles View Post
    louis murphy is a hit or miss that's the thing. in oakland he was great at times then dissapeared for 3-4 games
    I thought LM came from Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by dnotch121 View Post
    I thought LM came from Carolina?
    Oakland before Carolina.

Who cares what they did so far? These games don't count. They could go off wk 1, like preseason never happened. They are still practicing and getting many reps we do not see at practice.

Quote Originally Posted by dnotch121 View Post
    Exactly. You hear about the stuff in practice but in real games nothing
    well he hasn't played in a REAL game yet
    Last edited by B-Red22; 08-22-2013 at 07:20 PM.

+ Reply to Thread