+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Draft another CB and we will be Superbowl Champs Again!

I was thinking back to the last 2007 Superbowl win when we drafted Aaron Ross in the first. The season was looking gloomy, but Ross made a couple nice "Superman" into the end zone picks. He was the catalyst imo that led to the superbowl run. Also, when we drafted Prince Amukamara in the first Round, we also wound up winning the superbowl! He played very well against Green Bay and New England as a rookie. I felt if we'da drafted the X-man Rhodes this draft, it may have happened again.

CB looks like it might be the 1st pick next year or a Free Safety. Webster, Ross and Thomas might not be brought back.

1. Cornerback- Like I said not sure if those guys get brought back

2. S- Rolle is a Free Agent next season, The Giants seem to like him so he may be resigned.

3. DT- If Austin is cut , Linval not resigned then this could be the number 1 need.

4. WR- If Nicks isnt resigned another WR will be brought in the first 3 rounds

When I look at the Giants roster assuming JPP and Nicks are resigned they are in pretty good shape. If Nicks is brought back the Offense is locked and loaded for 2 more seasons with zero worries. The Defense not as much but I do think they have some of the more important pieces locked up. If JPP is resigned along with Moore u have your book ends, You have 2 of your top 3 Corners in Prince and Hosley.Its not all bad. With the Offense pretty much set the Giants coulds go all Defense and take a luxury pick on Offense.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-16-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Rolle is a FA in 2015. I think the common belief here was that he was a prime candidate to be released if the cap becomes an issue. I suppose that issue can also be alleviated in an extension.

I do agree we need another corner, but I hardly believe a rookie corner will be the missing piece in a SB run. I prefer rookie corners don't even start given how difficult the transition is.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Rolle is a FA in 2015. I think the common belief here was that he was a prime candidate to be released if the cap becomes an issue. I suppose that issue can also be alleviated in an extension.

I do agree we need another corner, but I hardly believe a rookie corner will be the missing piece in a SB run. I prefer rookie corners don't even start given how difficult the transition is.
    2010 2011 2012 2013 your right 5 year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post

A Webster-esque pay cut is probably what's in line for Rolle.

Though, I would definitely not be averse to extending him at 2-4 million per year over 3 years.

There are some interesting CBs to watch.

Antone Exum is 6' 220 pounds and plays both CB and S.

That kind of ability could be a very nice addition. As they do use Rolle that way. And it would be nice to have a safety with lots of man coverage experience.

Florida has two junior CBs who may both go first round. Both are 6' tall as well

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    A Webster-esque pay cut is probably what's in line for Rolle.

Though, I would definitely not be averse to extending him at 2-4 million per year over 3 years.
    I'm a bit skeptical with Rolle's willingness to shed salary. I think an extension would work more toward both parties where they can fully guarantee the 2014 salary and spread it over how many years added to the contract.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    There are some interesting CBs to watch.

Antone Exum is 6' 220 pounds and plays both CB and S.

That kind of ability could be a very nice addition. As they do use Rolle that way. And it would be nice to have a safety with lots of man coverage experience.

Florida has two junior CBs who may both go first round. Both are 6' tall as well
    Exum is 1 of my favorite players but with his knee injury who really knows how this season will go.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Exum is 1 of my favorite players but with his knee injury who really knows how this season will go.
    T2 was somewhat similar in college and had an acl injury too. Maybe Exum can fall to the 2nd or 3rd and the giants grab him

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    T2 was somewhat similar in college and had an acl injury too. Maybe Exum can fall to the 2nd or 3rd and the giants grab him
    I have him graded at #27 Overall and the 3rd highest graded player in the secondary overall in the 2014 draft.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 08-18-2013 at 08:58 AM.