+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will the coaching staff be back next season??

After a good win tonight...do you guys think Coughlin and co. job is safe for next season or depends on what we do in the playoffs?

Re: Will the coaching staff be back next season??

I thought heading into this game Coughlin was safe. I think over the past few weeks Fewell has saved his job. Now if the Falcons light up the D that could change things, but i think for now, as long as there is no playoff D colapse that he has saved his job.

Yes he's taken a lot of heat, and he should've, but lets remeber not only the injuries to the secondary, but take a look at how hurt we were at linebacker. Blackburn, Williams, Jones, Kiwi (not a LB but a great player) Part of the reason for the poor play on D wasn't scheme, it was personel.

I'm still not a huge fan of Gillbride but I think Eli has saved his job with his play this year.
    XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI
    GIANTS CHAMPS!!!!

TC is a lock, he was before the kickoff tonight. I'd still like to see spags come back and can fewell. But I can't even be sure PF won't be back.

We don't need to get rid of TC and I don't think we should. It would be a mistake in my op. Chances of finding someone better are slim at best.

[quote user="FishinTheSalt"]

TC is a lock, he was before the kickoff tonight. I'd still like to see spags come back and can fewell. But I can't even be sure PF won't be back.

We don't need to get rid of TC and I don't think we should. It would be a mistake in my op. Chances of finding someone better are slim at best.

[/quote]

I have no problem with keeping Coughlin...it's the coordinators that give me ulcers....but I'll take being the NFC east Champs anytime!....

Yes
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. He is smart and will adjust.

Veteran

I'd be willing to wager all 3 will be back. Coughlin and Gilbride are locks, Fewell will most likely return too.

[quote user="younggiant"]After a good win tonight...do you guys think Coughlin and co. job is safe for next season or depends on what we do in the playoffs?[/quote]

Unfortunately, yes.

Even if we have a run in the playoffs, i wouldn't mind a different DC. I'm not a fan of some of the play calling, especially when we have a lead.

Even though I would love for Tom to retire after this season I am willing to let him return ONLY based on the fact we are in the playoffs.

Funny u mention that, Rolle said something during on field post game interview about TC retiring....something about on his own terms... raised an eyebrow