+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilson to start week 1 vs Cowboys

Haha. Where BParcells at? Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Montemayor View Post
    Haha. Where BParcells at? Lol
    Don't. It's like saying Bloody Mary three times in front of the mirror, and Skip Bayless comes out instead.

I don;t favor one or the other, im guessing brown will get more yards though. but maybe wilson breaks a long one. I personally think none are a featured back yet.

Nice!
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Don't. It's like saying Bloody Mary three times in front of the mirror, and Skip Bayless comes out instead.
    LMAO,, and btw, i just said it to rile up some folks around here. I dont mind wilson starting, just like i wouldnt mind seeing brown start. i need to see 1 full season from both. After February then we can talk <-- see what i did there? lol

Kind of surprises me....Brown has shown more IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    I don;t favor one or the other, im guessing brown will get more yards though. but maybe wilson breaks a long one. I personally think none are a featured back yet.
    Agreed and also believe that Brown will get more TD's. Still Wilson is a more brilliant/explosive athlete and we need to get him plenty of touches.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Agreed and also believe that Brown will get more TD's. Still Wilson is a more brilliant/explosive athlete and we need to get him plenty of touches.
    yeah and it also Depends on the olines run blocking. we are one injury away from a disaster oline wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    yeah and it also Depends on the olines run blocking. we are one injury away from a disaster oline wise.
    I just covered my ears because you are so right. JR got a little too cute with the OL this year. Same deal last year..............we weren't good there but it didn't implode either.
    No one remembers who came in second.

I don't really think "STARTER" really means a hill of beans as far as RB is concerned with this team. Although Wilson has shown great speed and quickness, combine that with his elusiveness and you have a VERY DANGEROUS OFFENSIVE WEAPON.

My biggest question/concern is can he religiously run the ball between the tackles week in and week out for anywhere between 20 to 24 weeks (Im including Pre Season and post season) give or take and be effective. He isn't a BIG BACK, although he is strong enough, he isn't Tiki Barber Strong either. ( I used Tiki because Tiki was a very strong player for his size)

The wear and tear on RB's is well documented in this league. Because of the lack of offensive line run blocking talent this team has had over the last couple of years doesn't help a small RB like Wilson. Now add to the week in and week out hits he is going to have to endure, this could be a disaster.

Im hoping that this question doesn't come to fruition and Wilson proves he can be "THAT GUY" who can run between the tackles ALL SEASON then we will once again be a team that is balanced and defense's have to play "OUR GAME" and can't just play the pass

Peace
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread