+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any chance this happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
    We have enough safeties....Rolle said he will be ready for week 1 and Cooper Taylor should be fine by then and it's not like we don't have linebackers.
    It's not about quantity, but quality. I won't be surprised if they bring in a FA.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Forgot about Taylor, hoping he turns into a good one.
    me too, he's a rookie and I expect growing pains but he could be great for us if he puts it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    It's not about quantity, but quality. I won't be surprised if they bring in a FA.
    That's my point Kiwi can't play the linebacker position better then who's playing it for us now...except for Herz maybe.

It doesn't make sense to put a guy that is better at one thing to play something he is not comfortable at...

That's my point Kiwi can't play the linebacker position better then who's playing it for us now...except for Herz maybe.

It doesn't make sense to put a guy that is better at one thing to play something he is not comfortable at...
    I was talking about safety. And if the Giants are committed to running the under front as a base, then Kiwi is absolutely better at Sam than anyone they have.

I was talking about safety. And if the Giants are committed to running the under front as a base, then Kiwi is absolutely better at Sam than anyone they have.
    If you're talking about safeties then what does that have to do with Kiwi playing linebacker?? and he cannot play it better then Rivers...

You said we have enough safeties. I'm not so sure we really have ones I feel comfortable with in deep coverage, Rolle included. And in an Under front, the strongside position is closer to DE anyway.

You said we have enough safeties. I'm not so sure we really have ones I feel comfortable with in deep coverage, Rolle included. And in an Under front, the strongside position is closer to DE anyway.
    It is closer to DE but he is better up front with JPP on the otherside. We need him to rotate with an aging Tuck. Rivers is more then capable of filling that roll if healthy.

I said we have enough safties cause you were going down the list of the one's we are missing..

So you agree with carrying a 6th DT who will in all probability be a healthy scratch on Sundays in favor of another DB that could potentially fill the void of a lost starter?

So you agree with carrying a 6th DT who will in all probability be a healthy scratch on Sundays in favor of another DB that could potentially fill the void of a lost starter?
    Who said we are carrying a 6th DT? Why don't we wait until all the cuts are done with.
    Like I said I think we are fine with all our DB's.

Who said we are carrying a 6th DT? Why don't we wait until all the cuts are done with.
    Like I said I think we are fine with all our DB's.
    Do you have short term memory? Trek back to the premise of what I was speaking of. The OP suggested a roster designation of LB for Kiwi in order to free up a roster spot for DT. I disagreed in that the DB situation, primarily safety, is much more of a dire concern, and it is. You're going to argue otherwise?

+ Reply to Thread