+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Do you have short term memory? Trek back to the premise of what I was speaking of. The OP suggested a roster designation of LB for Kiwi in order to free up a roster spot for DT. I disagreed in that the DB situation, primarily safety, is much more of a dire concern, and it is. You're going to argue otherwise?
    Yeah it's not a concern... Rolle will be back on opening day, Giants already said they had planned on moving T2 to safety and Sash has played well. Hill is coming back in 4 games. We can make due without having to sign another DB. At this point why would we who's out there?? Might as well go with the guys that know the system.

And I have my reservations about all of them being competent or talented enough at playing single deep high. Again, quantity in names.

And I have my reservations about all of them being competent or talented enough at playing single deep high. Again, quantity in names.
    I see your concern, Brown just went down it's a huge hit to us. I just think you'll run into the same problems if you bring a new guy in here.

The main point, though, is in the event the Giants opened up a roster spot as the OP is suggesting, I'd at least gamble with a flier on someone like Kerry Rhodes or even KP at a position that looks a little more vulnerable, before I look to stash away a 6th DT who will do next to nothing on either D or STs with 5 guys in front of him. Whether that flier on a DB pans out or not, it is far more proactive than unnecessarily gutloading the interior of the Dline where most 4-3 teams carry only 4-5, and then trying to address the safety issue midseason.

The main point, though, is in the event the Giants opened up a roster spot as the OP is suggesting, I'd at least gamble with a flier on someone like Kerry Rhodes or even KP at a position that looks a little more vulnerable, before I look to stash away a 6th DT who will do next to nothing on either D or STs with 5 guys in front of him. Whether that flier on a DB pans out or not, it is far more proactive than unnecessarily gutloading the interior of the Dline where most 4-3 teams carry only 4-5, and then trying to address the safety issue midseason.
    Well I would definitely be down with giving Rhodes or KP a shot, maybe you got something there. I forgot those guys are out there.

Whats with this assumption that Cooper Taylor is a starting quality safety? I really don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by M00KIE View Post
    Whats with this assumption that Cooper Taylor is a starting quality safety? I really don't get it.
    No one knows yet..kid hasn't played a snap. He does have size and in college he had good instincts in the run game and good coverage skills. Just a matter of him putting it together.