+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THE FINAL MOCK

THE FINAL MOCK

I've delved into my draft cave for the last time ladies and gentlemen. I've read every report I could get my hands on, put on my smokescreen proof goggles an watch as much tape as I can to bring you this final mock draft. THE NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS ARE ON THE CLOCK!

Round 1 - The New York Giants Select - Zack Martin - OT - ND

This is the pick for a couple reasons.

1. Clean hardworking prospect that is a coaches joy to have
    2. Versatile enough to play anywhere. can step in for Beatty, play RT while Pugh slides to Left, or start at RG day one.
    3. Accomplished player in college. and a safe pick

The FO was adamant about hitting on more of their picks and getting contributors and not taking risks. Martin fits the bill.

Round 2 - The New York Giants Select - Davante Adams - WR - Fresno

What to like:

Solid size
    Productive after the catch
    Wins jump balls
    Solid route runner
    willing blocker

Adams has the ability to be that second outside receiver to help Eli out.

Round 3 - The New York Giants Select - Troy Niklas - TE - ND

The Giants don't need a TE with the athletic prowess of a Ebron, Amaro, or ASJ. However, they can't stay put with what they have now regardless of what Reese has to say. so they sit back and select the do it all TE in Niklas.

Round 4 - The New York Giants Select - Telvin Smith - LB/S - FSU

Every draft we look for guys that seem to fit PF's mold of the 3rd S/LB and Telvin Smith seems to have nailed it point black period. He is long enough to mach up with big TEs but athletic enough to stay with the more athletic ones. He is a solid hitter and fills in the run game nicely.

Round 5 - The New York Giants Select - Caraun Reid - DT - Princeton

Reid is a very intelligent player (no duh he went to Princeton) with a mean streak and a lot to like from a development standpoint. He is explosive, physical, and uses he leverage very well to shed blocks. A project player but one that can pay dividends quickly

Round 5 - The New York Giants Select - Brock Vereen - S - Minnesota

day one he is a solid depth/rotational/special teams player that has decent speed, ball skills, and coverage ability. A guy you can play sparingly while he develops.

Round 6 - The New York Giants Select - Isaiah Crowell - RB - Alabama St.

It's the 6th round so you might as well go for broke. Crowell is a guy with all the talent in the world just not so much between the ears. If given an opportunity and kept on a short leash he can turn into a Ahmad Bradshaw value pick.

Veteran
    I think there will be value in centers in the 3rd through 5 rounds. We need help there. I'm not sure about the second pick. never heard of him (I like your description of his talents though)

I'd be ok with that draft. I like the 2 Golden Domers! I don't know if Niklas will be there in the 3rd rd, but hey, who knows right? In the 2nd rd I wouldn't mind Jordan Matthews from Vandy either. He has good size, decent speed, hard worker, clean guy. I agree with a mid to late rd RB and safety as well. Who knows about Wilson's long term health and Will Hill's appeal.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

I think that with the swings and misses that Reese has had, and with Mara's quotes after last season, Reese will be looking for a low risk, clean, safe pick at 12 . . . . Martin certainly fits that bill
    Last edited by TCHOF; 05-05-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cags View Post
    I think there will be value in centers in the 3rd through 5 rounds. We need help there. I'm not sure about the second pick. never heard of him (I like your description of his talents though)
    +1 on the first pick!!!!!!
    - We put Birds on things.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    I'd be ok with that draft. I like the 2 Golden Domers! I don't know if Niklas will be there in the 3rd rd, but hey, who knows right? In the 2nd rd I wouldn't mind Jordan Matthews from Vandy either. He has good size, decent speed, hard worker, clean guy. I agree with a mid to late rd RB and safety as well. Who knows about Wilson's long term health and Will Hill's appeal.
    The thing with Matthews is that he will most certainly find his way in the first round. Mock draft sites severely underestimate him and his talent. I'm sure Scouts know that he is a top 5 receiver in this draft.

Not at all crazy about it, so I'm kind of glad it's your final!

Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep80 View Post
    The thing with Matthews is that he will most certainly find his way in the first round. Mock draft sites severely underestimate him and his talent. I'm sure Scouts know that he is a top 5 receiver in this draft.
    Oh I agree, he very well could end up in SF or Seattle. I may be partial to Matthews, since I live in the Nashville area and work over at Vandy--LOL!!! But he is a good kid, hard worker and could end up having one hack of a career in the NFL.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

i dont mind it at all and wouldnt be upset if the draft fell this way. only thing i think would be different is i really see the Giants drafting a center somwhere in this draft. as was said above i could see center being picked anywhere from rounds 3-5, maybe even round 2 if they love a prospect that much

i also agree with what you said about Zack Martin. thats exactly why i could see the Giants drafting him at 12