+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

OLB Anthony Barr

Hoping he is our pick at #12.
    2014 wish list: TE and LB in round 1 and 2.

Bench Player
    ONE NAME ONLY

AARON DONALD

I have Barr as my #3 guy.. Behind Donald and Ebron..
    (1)Aaron Donald, DT Pittsburgh - (2)Allen Robinson, WR Penn State - (3)Jack Mewhort, T Ohio State
    (4)Arthur Lynch, TE Georgia - (5a)Tyler Gaffney, RB Stanford - (5b)Tre Boston, S North Carolina
    (6)Russell Bodine, C/G North Carolina

Each one of those highlights is behind the line of scrimmage. How often are our LB's sent there?

He's 255#. He'd have to play DE in our system, not LB. Not saying it can't be done, but the learning curve will be huge with this guy. Don't expect instant impact if we take him. He's a project in the true Jerry Reese sense of the word.
    There's no such word as "Imgrate".

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post
    Each one of those highlights is behind the line of scrimmage. How often are our LB's sent there?

He's 255#. He'd have to play DE in our system, not LB. Not saying it can't be done, but the learning curve will be huge with this guy. Don't expect instant impact if we take him. He's a project in the true Jerry Reese sense of the word.
    When Kiwi played the position, a lot. It was a read and react position where if his assignment called for it, it was closer to playing like a DE which is how he had so many TFLs.

255 isn't that big of a deal. Both Osi and Strahan played at that weight at some point in their career. And every single prospect needs to be developed. No one's career is going to be defined by their first year.

With how aggressive the Giants went after Schofield this Barr pick isn't far fetched. They obviously wanted a Sam/De that can get after the passer. Barr is a pick I would welcome I have a few I like higher Lt guys but kid brings it.

I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him either. He ran a 4.5 at his pro day! That's pretty damn good for a LB at any level. If we Draft him or Mosley we could have a LB duo that could potentially be as good as what SF has with Willis and Bowman

Quote Originally Posted by RagTime Blue View Post

What if the Giants are making a transition on Defense to a 4-3 more like the Seahawks employ? Where is their Bruce Irvin? Look at the CB's they went after, the FA gets, this doesnt have the look of a same old Giant defense
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-20-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    What if the Giants are making a transition on Defense to a 4-3 more like the Seahawks employ? Where is their Bruce Irvin? Look at the CB's they went after, the FA gets, this doesnt have the look of a same old Giant defense
    They started moving to the seahawks defense last year. Went to the 4-3 under.

Right now they have almost nothing set with how they setup their front.

They need a SAM who plays on the line and can also rush the QB, theyve been trying to find that guy for years, with Kiwi and Sintim.