+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Like Purifoy, Watt and Bromley picks. Evans I just cant wrap my head around. Product of the system or good WR. Is it Manziel buying all that time that helps him or is he really getting that separation? Is he like Brandon Marshall or Ramses Barden? Can we use him in the offense if we are keeping Gilbride? and lastly, does Beatty bounce back, both on the field and after his surgery...
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Weekly Mock time. THis will be the last one for awhile.. Giants ended season 7-9 and are picking 12th in the 2014 NFL DRAFT.. I prob won't do one for awhile after this.. I feel they could go alot of ways with alot of movement coming this offseaon with the Gmen roster...

1). Mike Evans WR Texas A&M- Still staying with Evans here. Makes alot of sense as comp to Jerny and Cruz . We need a big physical downfield threat, who can block on the outside and up are redzone efficency..(or greenzone.lol)

2). Scott Crichton DE Oregon St.- I think Donald will be gone, and is why i picked Crichton here. Tuck and Kiwi are both up in age and Tuck is a FA, and JPP has been a bit injury prone, and that leaves pretty much Dmonster as are only young pass rush chip.. Crichton is tough and physical and a good pass rusher. Has a good burst off the snap, and is very versatile player, playing all over the Dline in his time at State.. He looked good at Org St in there base 4/3 rushing the passer, and i think will do the same for us.

3).Louchiez Purifoy CB Florida- Sticking with best man approach. I coulden't imagine a better value in RD3 then Purifoy. Hes got 1st rd talent and is a size/speed guy.. Purifoy is highly athletic..

4).Weston Richburg C Colorado St- Workman like C who is a great technician and on field leader. Was extremely impressive against Bama and in the bowl game against Wash St that i saw.. Also has good size and strength.

5).Chris Watt G Notre Dame- Another "giant" like LIneman who i love. The irish were awesome pounding away inside the tackles and Watt was a big reason why.. Richburg and Watt are both Giant type lineman and will help bring some more youth to the line..

6).Jay Bromley DT Syracuse- I've seen some talk about him around here, and i also like this kid. Got a good look the other day against Minny and liked what i saw. Hes good run defender who also has became a beast interrior pass rusher this past season. This kids stock has risen..
    I like the mock. I am leaning towards not being a fan of the Evans pick at this moment but if he can translate well to the NFL then it will be a good pick. I didn't watch the game this week because I am in Cancun but I saw the highlights and it looked like JJ showed up to play again with a like 30 yard TD reception and a 50 yard TD run or something! That is exciting to see him play well. I like Crichton a lot. I had him as one of my sleeper guys early in the year and his stock has risen. He has good strength and a good motor. Purifoy is good value in the 3rd. Good OL depth with picks 4-5. Bromley has been one of my sleepers this year and I like him a lot. He played very well early on the year he was among the sack leaders (top 5) i think with 8.5 but has cooled off a bit. I like that value in the 6th round!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Mike Evans is not a product of Johnnny Manziel being able to buy time.. Just watch Mike Evans vs Alabama.. The first 3outta4 plays, Manziel does a usual drop back and throws it up to Mike Evans who makes great grabs and gets downfield in no time and making great grabs..

Mike Evans vs Alabama 2013 - YouTube

► 3:22 www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl2OfgKbEBs
    Sep 16, 2013 - 3 min - Uploaded by JPDraftJedi
    WR Texas A&M Mike Evans vs Alabama 2013. Copyright Disclaimer ... Johnny Manziel vs ...
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 12-30-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I like the mock. I am leaning towards not being a fan of the Evans pick at this moment but if he can translate well to the NFL then it will be a good pick. I didn't watch the game this week because I am in Cancun but I saw the highlights and it looked like JJ showed up to play again with a like 30 yard TD reception and a 50 yard TD run or something! That is exciting to see him play well. I like Crichton a lot. I had him as one of my sleeper guys early in the year and his stock has risen. He has good strength and a good motor. Purifoy is good value in the 3rd. Good OL depth with picks 4-5. Bromley has been one of my sleepers this year and I like him a lot. He played very well early on the year he was among the sack leaders (top 5) i think with 8.5 but has cooled off a bit. I like that value in the 6th round!
    Ya, i feel this mock has some value and needs in it.. You get some Olineman in the middle rds, and a comp weapon for Cruz and jerny, as well as a couple young pass rushers on the Dline.. Hopefully the rest we figure out in FA'cy..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, i feel this mock has some value and needs in it.. You get some Olineman in the middle rds, and a comp weapon for Cruz and jerny, as well as a couple young pass rushers on the Dline.. Hopefully the rest we figure out in FA'cy..
    If Evans pans out to be a Vincent Jackson type player than we will be great at WR. Have Evans and Randle on the outside with Cruz in the slot and maybe implant some more 4 WR looks with JJ in the other insider WR slot and I think we could tear some holes in defenses. I really do like the picks following Evans. I think they are good value and they fill a need. That center you are talking about from Colorado St. has been shooting up the boards on CBSsports. He is currently a 2-3 round pick on there so I give you mad props for scouting him out before he got recognized by other people! I like Crichton a lot... I was mocking him when he was a 4-5 round prospect. I really like his motor and will bring the bull rush and put a OT on their ***. He is really good in the run game as well. I think he would be great learning under someone like Tuck if we bring him back. Bromley in the 6th would be great like I said. He is not as explosive like Donald who we both like but he brings some similarities to the game like quickness and being able to create penetration from the DT spot!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    If Evans pans out to be a Vincent Jackson type player than we will be great at WR. Have Evans and Randle on the outside with Cruz in the slot and maybe implant some more 4 WR looks with JJ in the other insider WR slot and I think we could tear some holes in defenses. I really do like the picks following Evans. I think they are good value and they fill a need. That center you are talking about from Colorado St. has been shooting up the boards on CBSsports. He is currently a 2-3 round pick on there so I give you mad props for scouting him out before he got recognized by other people! I like Crichton a lot... I was mocking him when he was a 4-5 round prospect. I really like his motor and will bring the bull rush and put a OT on their ***. He is really good in the run game as well. I think he would be great learning under someone like Tuck if we bring him back. Bromley in the 6th would be great like I said. He is not as explosive like Donald who we both like but he brings some similarities to the game like quickness and being able to create penetration from the DT spot!
    How do you see the WR situation panning out next year? It seems unlikely at this point that we'll keep Nicks, but Cruz and Jernigan are both at their best in the slot. Do we try to move one of them outside? Draft a guy to be the outside threat and have Jernigan in a limited role? Re-sign Nicks and have the same set-up? More 4 WR sets?

Veteran
    I'm so torn on Nicks; seemingly when healthy & motivated he's shown to be awesome.

However, he's never played a complete 16 game season and has had a bunch of nagging injuries, and IMO injuries have reduced his effectiveness more than most receivers I have seen.

He's no Anquan Boldin in terms of toughness.

I say let him go, and allow Randle and Jernigan to develop alongside Cruz.

Drafting OL, LB, CB, and DE should be our priorities

After watching film of Amaro I am a fan.. I was totally against taking a TE in the 1st, but I have changed my opinion.. My apologies.. I stand corrected

My big board is adjusted

Veteran
    How about my boys at ucf?!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    How about my boys at ucf?!
    They played really well.

In particular UCF WR Rannell Hall, whose speed was noticeable.

Especially when you consider Baylor has a lot of speed as well.

Keeping an eye on Storm Johnson and how he may translate to the NFL; I wouldn't mind us drafting him later in the later rounds.

+ Reply to Thread