+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    1 of the Draftbreakdown guys jon dove did a 2nd round mock draft has us taking Jace Amaro and Aaron Donald.Kinda like yours better with Niklas in the 3rd. I do like Amaro a lot though.
    Ya, i hope we get one of Amaro, Ebron(worth the risk, as far as him fitting out Offense), Niklas, Seferian-Jenkins, Fiedorowicz, and if not one of those top TE's, at least one of Blanchflower, Don Dixon, A.Lynch, or M.Jensen..

Really surprised with how well Mcbride played.
    Ya, i'd of never thought in a million yrs i'd be ok with putting him as a starter oppo Prince in my perdicted 2014 defensive depth chart, and be ok with it..lol Still woulden't mind bringing in some comp and resigning TT..

My top player on my board was Beason . Loved Beason in college
    I was a Adrien Peterson guy myself. That was one of teh best players i've ever watched in College.. Not that i expected to get em. I actually wanted Leon Hall realistically but wasen't upset about Aaron Ross. Actually liked the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I was a Adrien Peterson guy myself. That was one of teh best players i've ever watched in College.. Not that i expected to get em. I actually wanted Leon Hall realistically but wasen't upset about Aaron Ross. Actually liked the pick.
    I meant when we picked not overall

I meant when we picked not overall
    OH, you mean who you were hoping when we got on the board? Believe it or not, i actually wanted Aaron Ross once Leon Hall was off the board.

Aaron Ross never became a star, but he contributed to both sb victories as a starting cb. From what I remember, he actually played lights out both runs even as a rookie.

Does anyone know anything about Victor Hampton CB from South Carolina? I have been interested in him but I haven't gotten a chance to see much of him at all. He looks like a safety from his build. Draftbreakdown just posted a game of him vs Miss St. He looks like a willing tackler and a pretty physical CB. He is currently a 2-3 round projection on cbs sports. He is 5'10 202..

From cbs sports

STRENGTHS: Possessing a broad-shouldered, tapered frame that looks more like a safety than a cornerback, Hampton certainly passes the eye test. Better yet, his raw athleticism holds plenty of promise.
    Boasts the quick feet, fluid hips and sudden acceleration to handle press coverage duties, alternately punching the receiver to jam him at the line of scrimmage or waiting to run with him downfield.

Good instincts for the position. Peeks back at the quarterback and reads the body language of receivers to diagnose the play and breaks on the ball with confidence, showing the quick, active hands to knock passes to the ground. Physical tackler, who flashes as a true striker capable of forcing fumbles with his big collisions.

Experienced punt and kick returner. Good vision, elusiveness and acceleration with the ball in his hands.

WEAKNESSES: Not yet the sum of his parts. Relies on his physicality and athleticism in coverage, rather than technique. Stands tall, rather than crouched low often when in press position, leaving himself vulnerable to quick underneath routes.

A little grabby as he rides receivers downfield and will occasionally lose track of the ball while battling for position. Entered 2013 as South Carolina's primary punt returner but averaged just three yards on nine opportunities over the regular season.

COMPARES TO: Brandon Carr: Athletic and gritty, each cornerback boasts obvious upside. Consistency, however, is tougher to predict without better technique.

--Rob Rang (12/29/13)

Game vs Miss St

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Hey Strick, I know its way early, but just outta curiousity, you have a player next yr thats got ur curiousity alittle more then others? I just wanna here a couple diffrent names is all.lol I was looking at a 2015 mock is why i'm asking.. For me, Jalen Strong WR Arz St is at top of the list if we don't add much this yr, and Ifo Ekpre Olomu(he was on my top 5 big board before deciding on going back this yr.lol). And a couple more i'd add, Randy Gregory DE Nebraska, and i'll end with Todd Gurley RB GA.. Those would be my extremely early top 4 i'd hope for next yr at this time.. I'm surprised how good a 2rd mock looked next yr in spite of all the underclassmen declaring..

Also, shout out to AJ Johnson ILB Tenn going back to school. He fell off some and needs to show he can be left on the field for all 3downs next yr. Hes fine as a 2down run stuffer who can use his strength to disengage at the line and make the stop, but he struggles in pass coverege. He needs to work on that, because 2down thumpers aren't going in the 1st rd. Smart choice on his behalf going back..I still don't like Ekpre Olomus and Mariotas decisons. I would take Ekpre Olomu over any corner in this yrs draft and same for Mariota. Mariota was at the top of my big board before going back to school. Also, Cedric Oguhebi OT A&M going back is odd? He was top 10perdicted. Wheres he gonna go? With QB's like Jameis Winston, Mariota, Bryce Petty, all prob going top 10 , i can't see him rising much past the 5th to 10th pcik and he could fall alot if he gets hurt..

Oh well, just some random 2015 stuff..lol

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ya, i hope we get one of Amaro, Ebron(worth the risk, as far as him fitting out Offense), Niklas, Seferian-Jenkins, Fiedorowicz, and if not one of those top TE's, at least one of Blanchflower, Don Dixon, A.Lynch, or M.Jensen..
    Now your speakin' my language. haha. Ebron!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

They have the 2014 College All-Star Challenge on ESPN tonight (9:00). Just a heads up if anyone's interested in checking it out. Don't know who's gonna be there tonight but it's a fun event and I watch it every year. Still remember the one in 2009 with Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden.

+ Reply to Thread