+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091

Thread: 2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Didn't know where else to put this put Sportzfan we were talking about college players for next year. One guy who won't be eligible for the draft but is going to be a stud is Laquon Treadwell WR from Ole Miss. He always made some really nice plays when I would watch Donte Moncrief. I have heard announcers compare him to Michael Irvin. The kid is the real deal. He was a true freshman this year and was the #1 WR recruit in the nation. He is a straight up beast

A few other players I like for next year that WILL be eligible is Denzel Perryman LB Miami, Ameer Abdullah RB Nebraska, Ty Montgomery WR Stanford, and my #1 guy I am going to watch next year coming out is Randy Gregory DE Nebraska. He was a monster last year. J.C transfer and he was really Nebraska's only DL who could get to the passer. I think he will be a stud in the NFL.

Who do you like for next year? You watch a lot of college football it seems so you might know a few more players than I do lol
    I will look into the WR from Ole Miss. Haven't watched a ton of Moncrief so thats probably why I overlooked em.. You got a good group of guys to look forward to next yr... I'll add a few guys myself..

Sean Mannion QB Oregon St.- Mannion is interesting prospect with the desired size scouts like at the positon, standing 6ft 4inch, and weighing a solid 220lbs. He has good zip on his passes and can make all the throws. Very good awarness skills, and with the extra yr, gaining more strength, I expect his arm strength to grow even more, making him a deadly weapon. By no means a running QB, Mannion can step around the pocket better then your usual statue esque QB's ala Eli and Bledsoe can.

Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin- This kids unreal. I think hes the best back going into 2015, even better then Todd Gurley who I like quite a bit. Gordon has the desired size and strength of a RB, to go with both a power and finesse game, and is stout in the pass game. This kids got franchise RB written all over him...

AJ Johnson ILB Tennessee- Made smart move going back to school, the hard hitting MLB from UT has a ton of upside, but must become more of a impact player, and if he can, will almost surely be a 1st/2nd rd pick..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I will look into the WR from Ole Miss. Haven't watched a ton of Moncrief so thats probably why I overlooked em.. You got a good group of guys to look forward to next yr... I'll add a few guys myself..

Sean Mannion QB Oregon St.- Mannion is interesting prospect with the desired size scouts like at the positon, standing 6ft 4inch, and weighing a solid 220lbs. He has good zip on his passes and can make all the throws. Very good awarness skills, and with the extra yr, gaining more strength, I expect his arm strength to grow even more, making him a deadly weapon. By no means a running QB, Mannion can step around the pocket better then your usual statue esque QB's ala Eli and Bledsoe can.

Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin- This kids unreal. I think hes the best back going into 2015, even better then Todd Gurley who I like quite a bit. Gordon has the desired size and strength of a RB, to go with both a power and finesse game, and is stout in the pass game. This kids got franchise RB written all over him...

AJ Johnson ILB Tennessee- Made smart move going back to school, the hard hitting MLB from UT has a ton of upside, but must become more of a impact player, and if he can, will almost surely be a 1st/2nd rd pick..
    Yeah I really like Gordon. He is an absolute beast. He and Ball are why White is so far under the radar.

Another guy that I am looking forward to watching is Vic Beasley DE Clemson. He started off the season with a ton of sacks and then kind of cooled off towards the end of the season. He should have a really good season next year!

Johnson is a guy I thought could be a big steal if he came out this year... probably would have went mid-late rounds so going back to school was the right move for him.

Here is Treadwell's best play from last year. He is going to be a stud

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Yeah I really like Gordon. He is an absolute beast. He and Ball are why White is so far under the radar.

Another guy that I am looking forward to watching is Vic Beasley DE Clemson. He started off the season with a ton of sacks and then kind of cooled off towards the end of the season. He should have a really good season next year!

Johnson is a guy I thought could be a big steal if he came out this year... probably would have went mid-late rounds so going back to school was the right move for him.

Here is Treadwell's best play from last year. He is going to be a stud

Nice play.

Hey Strick. This is a mock of yours from end of October. Its crazy how much guys fluxuate from Sept to Draftime. Gilbert was a 3rd rd pick at the time, and Lawerence a 7th rd pick, and Coleman in the 2nd rd range..etc Jerome Smith and Chris Burnette are rarely talked about anymore. I think its why the NFL draft is so freaking intriguing is its so unpredictable.

1st- Khalil Mack OLB/DE Buffalo- If we keep winning we will be out of the running for Clowney and Barr.. Mack is a stud as well
    2nd- Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers- His stock is falling because guys like Cooks are playing well. I think he could be a stud
    3rd- Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St.- Playmaking CB, just what we need
    4th- Chris Burnette OG Georgia
    5th- Jerome Smith RB Cuse
    6th- Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise

I am leaving the 7th rounder out bc of the Beason trade but I have no idea if that actually is the pick we traded..
    Heres the mock my bad.

Heres the mock my bad.
    WOW! Lawrence is borderline 1st round right now. I haven't heard anything about Burnette in ages... Smith most likely will go undrafted. Coleman is a 4-5 round area guy it seems like now. Gilbert should be a top 20 lock and Mack could go top 3 now.

That is crazy how people shift throughout the season. Sometimes it makes me wonder what the hell these scouting websites are looking at most of the year. A bunch of us on this board have pegged guys early on as legit talents when they were mid-late round picks and now they are 1st-2nd round talent.

For example you had Aaron Donald as a first rounder for a long time. You were saying he was LEGIT when he was like a 3-4 round projection lol. I was talking up Latimer when he was a 5th round projection and now he is projected 2nd round on most sites. I have seen him in some analysts top 5 WR's and possible late 1st round conversation.

I mean Scott Crichton and Kareem Martin were both mid-late round guys and a lot of people on this board really liked them. I know you and I liked Crichton a lot early on and now they are in the top 3 rounds at least I think.

Stanley Jean-Baptiste is another one. A lot of people on here liked him when he was a mid-late round prospect and now look at him

I think there are going to be good UDFA's for example Jerome Smith could go undrafted and I bet he makes a team because of his physical running.

I think there are going to be good UDFA's for example Jerome Smith could go undrafted and I bet he makes a team because of his physical running.
    Every yr theres good ones. Kenny Guiton QB Ohio St. is one i'm gonna be interested in, if he is in fact not drafted. CJ Barnett S Ohio St. is another Ohio St. player i'd be interested in bringing in if hes not in fact drafted.

Every yr theres good ones. Kenny Guiton QB Ohio St. is one i'm gonna be interested in, if he is in fact not drafted. CJ Barnett S Ohio St. is another Ohio St. player i'd be interested in bringing in if hes not in fact drafted.
    Good point. I'm interested to see some UDFA WR's bc there are a crazy amount of WR's that could be drafted. I feel like some of the 5-6 round projected WR's are gonna go undrafted

+ Reply to Thread