+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Clemson Georgia game was fun, but I don't see the first rounder in Tahj Boyd.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Clemson Georgia game was fun, but I don't see the first rounder in Tahj Boyd.
    Going into this season I would have agreed with you. But, last year I felt NO WAY did EJ Manuel deserved to be where he went either. Teams will gamble on QBs . In my opinion Boyd was extremely accurate last night and the guy throws on the run as well as anyone I have seen in a while. He has now beat LSU and Georgia and has a very good chance of being a 2x ACC player of the year. That is some serious credentials. But, the weapons around him are also remarkable. There are a ton of guys on that offense who could end up in the 1st 3 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    We started cutting 2013 games already u guys should check out the new format. Here is probably the best performance of the weekend Buffalo's Khalil Mack. I had Mack at #44 on my first Big Board of the season. He didnt have tape against good teams missing the Georgia game last year, he does now.Mack is so much better then everyone on his team its comical really.

U know i love my Buffalo players, and Mack is no diffrent. Very physical imposing player, who i've all ready discussed a few times on here. I agree he looks like a 2nd rd stud.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    U know i love my Buffalo players, and Mack is no diffrent. Very physical imposing player, who i've all ready discussed a few times on here. I agree he looks like a 2nd rd stud.

I like how well he uses his hands/ arms. He keeps guys off his body very well.

I am so glad college ball is back.

What do you guys think about Justin Hardy, WR from East Carolina? The guy picked up from where he left off last year with 16 receptions for 191 yards. Granted it was against ODU, but it's still impressive.....
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Going into this season I would have agreed with you. But, last year I felt NO WAY did EJ Manuel deserved to be where he went either. Teams will gamble on QBs . In my opinion Boyd was extremely accurate last night and the guy throws on the run as well as anyone I have seen in a while. He has now beat LSU and Georgia and has a very good chance of being a 2x ACC player of the year. That is some serious credentials. But, the weapons around him are also remarkable. There are a ton of guys on that offense who could end up in the 1st 3 rounds.
    I saw an article last night by ECstoner that listed all QB's that were drafted over the age of 23 and how they did in the NFL which Boyd is. Its remarkable how almost every 1 of them has been a complete bust.Is it coincidence , only Pennington was a successful starter

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/04/3122/

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I saw an article last night by ECstoner that listed all QB's that were drafted over the age of 23 and how they did in the NFL which Boyd is. Its remarkable how almost every 1 of them has been a complete bust.Is it coincidence , only Pennington was a successful starter

http://rotoviz.com/index.php/2013/04/3122/
    That's some pretty cool stats. I wish it said the opposite because I would love to see more stats encouraging kids to stay in school, but that's very interesting none the less.

Speaking of age and QBs, I know you watched that FSU game last night. Jameis Winston going 25-27 for 356 yards and 4tds. He is 19 years old....that's insane.

Jameis Winston looked great last night. I remembered him coming in the second quarter of the garnet/gold game and nonchalantly throwing some passes down the middle with some great touch in the presence of an interior passrush. Granted that was a scrimmage where he wasn't going to get hit, but he did the same exact thing against Pitt.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    That's some pretty cool stats. I wish it said the opposite because I would love to see more stats encouraging kids to stay in school, but that's very interesting none the less.

Speaking of age and QBs, I know you watched that FSU game last night. Jameis Winston going 25-27 for 356 yards and 4tds. He is 19 years old....that's insane.
    Nah, it don't mean all that much. Obviously, alot of times, the better the player, they come out as early as possible. Guys aren't gonna stay in school when they look to be sure fire 1st rders. Not to mention , 23 is pretty old. If you start college when ur 18/19, chances are ur gonna be done with school before ur 23. I'm sure there is quite a few right on the borderline of age 23.

I woulden't mind the GMEN taking a gamble on Winston Guy who was let go. We need help at S and i liked Guy alot as a S prospect when he came out. Guy and also Brandon Hardin were both let go, and both are intriguing to me.

+ Reply to Thread