+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 91 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 909

Thread: 2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

  1. #41
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,749
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Watkins is fantastic! Honestly, I can see us go WR high in the draft next year and say Watkins is on the board when we pick, which is unlikely considering we will have a low 1st rounder, would you pull the trigger? I think Nicks is all but gone already.
    If nicks goes, it is possible. We'd have to trade up for Watkins, which i doubt we'll do though.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm surprised Santaman hasen't brought up Lamarcus Joyners solid performance for the Seminoles last night.
    I was never really high on Joyner. On the flipside, it's disappointing to see Darby injured. I hope he gets back soon, and hopefully push Joyner back to safety.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    I was never really high on Joyner. On the flipside, it's disappointing to see Darby injured. I hope he gets back soon, and hopefully push Joyner back to safety.

    I don't think Joyner is going back to safety. His skillset is better there but he is tiny for the position, too tiny for the NFL. Furthermore, I think last year he didn't like what the draft advisory board said to him because most felt he was coming out. There are some small corners in the NFL, there aren't any safeties his size.

    Its too bad because if he had measurable I believe he would be the best safety prospect in the country.

    He may find himself a NFL home because of his ability to play special teams and as a backup CB. I just have my doubts about him as a NFL defensive starter simply because of his size.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    If nicks goes, it is possible. We'd have to trade up for Watkins, which i doubt we'll do though.
    Agreed, I see Watkins going in the top 15 at least. I was just going off the hypothetical that he was there when we picked at say 22.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Agreed, I see Watkins going in the top 15 at least. I was just going off the hypothetical that he was there when we picked at say 22.
    I dont think this team is making the playoffs. I suspect we will be in the middle teens. Decent chance Watkins is in play. Its so early its hard to tell.

  6. #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont think this team is making the playoffs. I suspect we will be in the middle teens. Decent chance Watkins is in play. Its so early its hard to tell.
    How close of a prospect do you think matthews is to lee and Watkins

  7. #47
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I dont think this team is making the playoffs. I suspect we will be in the middle teens. Decent chance Watkins is in play. Its so early its hard to tell.
    No chance. Hes a much more explosive player, and better overall prospect that Hopkins who went 27th overall. Watkins is going in the top 10-14picks. The only way that changes is if he ends up hurt.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No chance. Hes a much more explosive player, and better overall prospect that Hopkins who went 27th overall. Watkins is going in the top 10-14picks. The only way that changes is if he ends up hurt.

    I agree. The only thing that I think could prevent top 5-10 pick is if he somehow messes up off the field. People forget, he had the best freshman year ever for a college WR, and he did it as a true freshman.

    I expect he will be played differently this year than he has in the past and teams will play off him a lot. I expect his yards per rec to go down because of this and I doubt it will affect his draft status at all.

  9. #49
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,749
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree. The only thing that I think could prevent top 5-10 pick is if he somehow messes up off the field. People forget, he had the best freshman year ever for a college WR, and he did it as a true freshman.

    I expect he will be played differently this year than he has in the past and teams will play off him a lot. I expect his yards per rec to go down because of this and I doubt it will affect his draft status at all.
    His YPR could go down, but it certainly hasen't yet, as he destroyed GA with a 21YPC game with 6rec 127yrds. I'm glad were in agreement on his standing as a top 10 type WR. The only way the GMEN end up with him is if we pull a Falcons type deal for Julio Jones.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    No chance. Hes a much more explosive player, and better overall prospect that Hopkins who went 27th overall. Watkins is going in the top 10-14picks. The only way that changes is if he ends up hurt.
    He was arrested and suspended for marijuana possession last year that can easily push him down some.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-07-2013 at 09:51 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts