+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013college yr and also 2014 NFL draft prospects thread

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I disagree my friend. U know there will be teams vying for Tahj Boyd and possibly Johnny Manziel, and maybe Brett Hundley as well.. Mad teams will take those guys early.. I could see the Cards trading up with us for one of them, i could see the browns giving up one of there 1st rders for Boyd or Manziel..etc

I think it'll be extremely easy to trade down, as teams always reach for QB's.. I just don't do that in my mocks, because its impossible to perdict trades.
    I am not saying there aren't guys worth trading up for in the draft past those guys. I am just running on the assumption that we will continue to stink and be drafting in the range we currently are(5ish.) I do not think any of the guys you mentioned are worth anything anywhere near where we are currently picking. I could be wrong and if a guy like Watkins lights up the combine, which is absolutely possible, then someone may fall in love with him too.

What are guys thoughts on Carlos Hyde. Every game I watch OSU he's just steam rolling dudes. Two weeks ago he literally carried the Buckeyes to win. He's a guy who could carry the load at the next level and could be a good pairing with Wilson....considering Brown's injury history. Anyway, I have him around the 3rd round right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I am not saying there aren't guys worth trading up for in the draft past those guys. I am just running on the assumption that we will continue to stink and be drafting in the range we currently are(5ish.) I do not think any of the guys you mentioned are worth anything anywhere near where we are currently picking. I could be wrong and if a guy like Watkins lights up the combine, which is absolutely possible, then someone may fall in love with him too.
    I might still be confused..lol So ur saying, you think no one will want any players enough to trade up to the 5thpick , making it hard for us to trade out? If so, i think we can find teams to trade to the 5th pick for many players. Shoot, a 3/4 team could want to trade up for Louis Nix possible. Maybe the Patriots? THey'll need a NT soon, with Wilforks injury and age...

If we stay the course and pcik 5th, its kinda a crappy situation for us in RD1 i think, and thats why i got Sammy Watkins going to us. I figure we mines well get a Julio Jones type WR with rare explosion with the 5th pick. Albeit, i woulden't even be against taking Mike Evans at pick 5 if we stay put. The guy screams Vincent Jackson..

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    What are guys thoughts on Carlos Hyde. Every game I watch OSU he's just steam rolling dudes. Two weeks ago he literally carried the Buckeyes to win. He's a guy who could carry the load at the next level and could be a good pairing with Wilson....considering Brown's injury history. Anyway, I have him around the 3rd round right now.
    Hyde makes alot of sense, because we have David Wilson. Obviously, we like a big bruiser around and Hyde is that. Hyde could see his stock sore if he can turn in a respectable 40time at the combine.

A rb to watch, is Marion Grice of Arz St. The kids got size, runs in between the tackles really well, and can catch with the best of em. Arizona St has quite a few guys i like this yr(bradford,grice,kelly,sutton)..

Whatever happened to Dorial Green-Beckham? Did he just fall off of the map? The guy is an athletic monster!
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
    Whatever happened to Dorial Green-Beckham? Did he just fall off of the map? The guy is an athletic monster!
    He hasen't lived up to his billing yet. Hes still having a pretty big yr for Mizzo right now though. Last yr, Tony Franklin was hurt, so thats why his numbers were down. Hes still on pace to be a 1st or 2nd rd pick in a yr or 2, i think..

Theres a comical Tuesday night game on Right now between Rajun Cajuns and Ark St.. Ark Sts defense is putrid. I watched becuase i wanted to see Ryan Carrethers in action, and hes nothing special in this one. He has flashed alittle and is a load, but so far, hes been fairly invisible.. I sure hope Jonathan Hankins ends up being a player for us. Another pick i didn't care for..

Anyone see the rumors on Walter Football about Tajh Boyd only being 5'11 or 6'0 tops? They said that's what he is going to measure in at the combine. Wonder how much that will hurt him.
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

Ryan Carrethers is actually a load and i could see some team taking him that needs a 3/4 NT.. They are hard to find, and i think Carrethers fits the mold nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
    Anyone see the rumors on Walter Football about Tajh Boyd only being 5'11 or 6'0 tops? They said that's what he is going to measure in at the combine. Wonder how much that will hurt him.
    I agree watching him that he isn't very tall and they may be right about him being under 6'0 but, I think it goes beyond that.

My biggest problem with him is that he has 2 different throwing motions. Both of his releases are quick releases, so that is good. But ,when he wants to use a touch pass or put air under it he has a more traditional motion.I wouldn't call it a high release point, but it is the higher of his 2 motions. He throws accurately with this motion but I sometimes question his velocity using it.

When he wants zip, or when he is on the run, he often resorts to a sidearm motion that simply will not consistently work in the NFL, especially at his mediocre height. This motion also lacks accuracy and is a very flat trajectory. Furthermore the big problem with this motion is that is seems when things get tough he resorts to it more and more, as if it was his natural motion. I get the impression somewhere along the lines coaches tried to change his motion to the overhand version and his instincts, when things get tough, revert to that sidearm sling. I have a feeling his throwing motion combined with his height might be a factor in why he stayed in school for 5 years, to attempt to adjust it for NFL purposes.

I like Boyd's leadership and I respect the Clemson offensive system as 1 that can heap a lot on a QB. They do a fantastic job of creating passing lanes for him. Offenses wont do that for him in the NFL, he will have to. Therefor, I just don't know about him as a top prospect. People who know football know how hard it is to change a throwing motion(ask Tim Tebow.) As of right now, he needs to dump that sidearm garbage and resort to it only when needed for screens or w/e because it would be the lowest release point in the NFL by FAR if he tried to use it as much as he does in college.Thats no easy task. It is only about ear/shoulder height release point and when you combine it with his flat trajectory, I see that thing getting thrown back in his face a lot if he is in the pocket.

+ Reply to Thread