+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    I didn't mind the barden, beckum, brown, austin, picks becuase i thought they were steals and great values where we got them. Sometimes guys just don't work out. I'd also put James Brewer and Adrien Tracy in that grouping. Those are some seriouslly productin Rove college players. But when ur taking Adrien Robinsons, David Wilsons, Justin Pughs , Hermans and cox's, and trading for Nassib, then i'm worndering, whats up??

Whats ur take on Trent Murphy DE Stanford guys? Hes probably one of my fave 1st rd prospects but i can't get a read on where his value will land? I think hes a top 15 player all day. Hes the best player on a ridiculous defense and has a great long lean body and has a nice array of pass rush moves..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Whats ur take on Trent Murphy DE Stanford guys? Hes probably one of my fave 1st rd prospects but i can't get a read on where his value will land? I think hes a top 15 player all day. Hes the best player on a ridiculous defense and has a great long lean body and has a nice array of pass rush moves..
    Good prospect. I think he translates a little more to 34 olb than a 43 DE, and I think he might lack the top end athleticism to make him a huge name. But, he is a very smart and disciplined football player. He uses his hands like an all pro. Its rare to see a college player that adept at shedding. He is excellent vs the read option, which is becoming more and more important in defenders these days.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I didn't mind the barden, beckum, brown, austin, picks becuase i thought they were steals and great values where we got them. Sometimes guys just don't work out. I'd also put James Brewer and Adrien Tracy in that grouping. Those are some seriouslly productin Rove college players. But when ur taking Adrien Robinsons, David Wilsons, Justin Pughs , Hermans and cox's, and trading for Nassib, then i'm worndering, whats up??
    See I view the Brewer and Robinson picks are somewhat identical. Both are players with crazy physical traits who were projects. Both came out with the physical tools to do the job in the NFL, they just lacked the experience and coaching to do it and you never know if they will take to that coaching.

Brewer has shown that he isn't capable of being a tackle. Despite good athleticism, measurable and excellent strength, he has shown he just doesn't have the footwork to be a tackle. His only chance now is at guard, in my opinion, and I think he is a backup at best.

We keep hearing how Robinson has progressed so much from year 1 to year 2, but we haven't seen him because of injury. Coach Pope kept saying how much he has come along. But, its just words until he gets on the field. I do think he is a bit more of an unknown, because of his injury this year. It is disappointing because I think we need a guy on the field who can block AND catch. Myers has shown no ability at all to block and has , in my opinion, been a liability on the field because of it.

I don't know about you, but I like what I have seen from Larry Donnell. I think he has a future. Right now, because of our lack of capable blockers on this team, I think Donnel should be played more at Myers expense. If we were just getting pressure up the middle I might think differently, but we are getting smoked on the edge too and a guy on the edge who can help our tackles vs these DE's is more useful to me than a guy who can catch slightly better but cannot block, like Myers.

[QUOTE=BlueSanta;891610]See I view the Brewer and Robinson picks are somewhat identical. Both are players with crazy physical traits who were projects. Both came out with the physical tools to do the job in the NFL, they just lacked the experience and coaching to do it and you never know if they will take to that coaching.

Brewer has shown that he isn't capable of being a tackle. Despite good athleticism, measurable and excellent strength, he has shown he just doesn't have the footwork to be a tackle. His only chance now is at guard, in my opinion, and I think he is a backup at best.

We keep hearing how Robinson has progressed so much from year 1 to year 2, but we haven't seen him because of injury. Coach Pope kept saying how much he has come along. But, its just words until he gets on the field. I do think he is a bit more of an unknown, because of his injury this year. It is disappointing because I think we need a guy on the field who can block AND catch. Myers has shown no ability at all to block and has , in my opinion, been a liability on the field because of it.

I don't know about you, but I like what I have seen from Larry Donnell. I think he has a future. Right now, because of our lack of capable blockers on this team, I think Donnel should be played more at Myers expense. If we were just getting pressure up the middle I might think differently, but we are getting smoked on the edge too and a guy on the edge who can help our tackles vs these DE's is more useful to me than a guy who can catch slightly better but cannot block, like Myers.[/QUOTE
    Brewer was perdicted to go as early as late 2nd rd in some mocks, and was at least somewhat productive college player, as Robinson was nothing in college. I do agree, its similar as far as upside and measurables being awesome on both, but Brewer was more of a prospect then Robinson..ti

I agree about Donnell. No harm getting him out there a bit more and possibly helping David Wilson.. Hes a big target as well, and ELI has always preifered bigger targets in my opinon, outside of a coup exceptions(cruz and steve smith), and Donnell is a real big target!

ya all this draft talk and our season going in the toilet i'm more ready for the draft then ever already

Hey guys, i know we've discussed Sammy Watkins a bit, but what would you guys think about Mike Evans WR Tex A&M if were to lose Nicks? This dudes a flat out beast and has Brandon Marshall feel to em and would pair almost perfectly with Victor Cruz and Reuben Randle in theory..

I think hes a wild card out there for sure. Also, we've talked QB's, but not much about AJ McCarron? I actually like him much more then most of the bama guys that always are good college players but you know won't do much in the pros. Hes got enough arm strength and size, and can move his feet just enough and has great moxy to boot. I think McCarron actually has the accuracy and arm strength and size to go with amzing smarts, and the other guys like the John Parker WIlsons just didn't have the size and abilty that mccaron has, they just had the smarts.. McCarron is best of both worlds. Hes deadly accurate.

I woulden't be shocked if the Giants took him in the 2nd rd. He seems like there type and for all we know, they might not think Nassib has it all ready. It does happen sometimes..

by know means did i mean McCarron can run either.. Just saying he isn't a complete statue.

Veteran
    Really think mike evans comes out this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Imgrate View Post
    Really think mike evans comes out this year?
    He could be a top 10 pick, so he might. Hes all ready got the NFL size and his speed isn't bad for his size either. He was timed at 4.54 at a football camp. If he runs in the 4.5-4.54 at that size and with those ups , hes gonna be Brandon Marshall 2.0.. Why stay? Get paid!