+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I know you and I would both like for the team to address our Oline with some nice FA pick ups. However, I do not think that is enough. We lack depth and guard, center, and tackle and even if we sign some new starters, we just don't have enough depth.

So while I cannot knock your choices I have to say that this team needs to seriously rededicate itself to being physical rather than finness and I think that starts with the trenches. Bryan Stork is a fine prospect in a strong center class. But, we need more. I actually think we need 3 new starters on the Oline and 2-3 backups, preferably with some youth in there. Some will have to be FA pickups, and some may have to be picks.

I would love a Sammy Watkins on this team. He might be the fastest player I have seen in a long time, in actual on field speed I mean, not just track speed. However, I just don't think he will do this team a bit of good if we are unable to protect from guard to guard.

If this year has shown me anything it is that the people who argue that guards aren't worth 1st round picks don't know what they are talking about.

For the record, I am not arguing that we take a guard with the 1st pick no matter what. But, this isn't a deep guard class and we simply cannot ignore that position anymore. Therefore, we have to address it somewhat early in the draft, preferably in the 1st 2 or 3 rounds. If we are picking top 5, then we wont go guard in round 1 for obvious reasons.

In tonight's broadcast Gruden subtly made a point that I have been making for weeks: about mid way through last year Dcoords figured out Eli, and this offense. They figured out how to disrupt him by pressuring him up the middle in his face. Make him step laterally and take away his ability to step up. Gruden mentioned the "double A" gap blitzes we have seen numberous times this year. That is just 1 example of it. Carolina was able to get that push up the middle with just their DTs. Everyone is doing it to us and it is working.

So if we want to have any chance of getting the "old Eli" back we need capable and powerful interior blockers who can keep the interior pushers out of Eli's face. We don't have that now and we haven't had that for some time. Teams are going to do this for the rest of Eli's career until he shows he can deal with it. We cant afford "average" guards and centers anymore. Diehl is old, Snee is old and broken, Bass is bad and broken, Cordle is a backup at best.

So while I cannot knock a single player on your mock, I also cannot say I like it unless it happens to come with a whole lot of free agent signings and those signings need to be guys with ugly faces, facial hair, neck tattoos and like to eat steaks and block DTs. And oh yea, we need a lot more defense too.
    Ya, its telling that the 5th overall pick could have most the guys i want that early gone.. I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Lewan, and i'm not sure i'd go Kouandjio that early, so i took the most explosive player left on the board.. Nicks has been off all yr long and will be gone by next yr. We have no depth behind Randle and Cruz at all.

I could of switched my 2nd rd pick with Zack Martin G/T Notre Dame or maybe Gabe Jackson G Miss St, but i chose to go the way of the Secondary because again, we also have nothing behing Prince going forward. Hosley has shown nothing, and TT is injury prone and aging , and Webster stinks now..

Bradford could be a starter at SLB along with Beason, so now we'll have 2/3rds of our LB core built, which again, we also have no depth at. I added Stork, who could play C, and allow us to drop Baas, and gives us 3young pieces to build around in Beatty, Pugh, and Stork.. Thats not to shabby. Cordle looks good enough for depth, and we could bring Boothe back as well.. Its not overly terrible situation if we added Stork and brough Cordle and Boothe back..

Crowell fits the mold of change up from what David Wilson is, and also is the GIANTS kinda back, as jacobs, Hillis, Cox, Way, D.Ward, Dayne, have shown throughout the yrs, they usually have one like em, and we'll need to bring in another back to compete with Cox and any of those other guys anyhow..

Webster is just a shot in the dark, hope to hit a HR with small school pass rusher.. But i think Colvin, Watkins, Bradford, and Stork is a nice mix of players to add to Prince, JPP, Beatty, Pugh, Beason?, Cruz, Hankins, and maybe Moore, as the nucleus of this team..

If i didn't go Sammy Watkins and went with a Olineman Santa at pick 5 overall, it'd probably be Kouandjio over Lewan, personally.. I just thouight it was a little early for Kouandjio, but not a huge reach.. If i did that, maybe something like this would work.

1). c.kouandjio ot bama
    2). r.shazier lb ohio st(longshot he'll be here i think)
    3). b.benwikere cb s.jose st
    4). b.stork c florida st.
    5). i.crowell rb alabama st.
    6). t.moore wr oklahoma st.
    7). l.webster de bloomsburg

that more ur speed, santaman?

I really like Kony Ealy he has serious potential. Just has awful hand usage

Also 1 of my favorite players WR Brandin Cooks of Oregon State continues to blister everyone, on pace for 2000 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    If i didn't go Sammy Watkins and went with a Olineman Santa at pick 5 overall, it'd probably be Kouandjio over Lewan, personally.. I just thouight it was a little early for Kouandjio, but not a huge reach.. If i did that, maybe something like this would work.

1). c.kouandjio ot bama
    2). r.shazier lb ohio st(longshot he'll be here i think)
    3). b.benwikere cb s.jose st
    4). b.stork c florida st.
    5). i.crowell rb alabama st.
    6). t.moore wr oklahoma st.
    7). l.webster de bloomsburg

that more ur speed, santaman?
    I would trade down if we cant get Clowney or Barr

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I would love that. But, and I am only looking at this from a trade partner standpoint, I don't know if there is anyone worth worth trading up for after you get past Clowney, Bridgewater, Mariota or Barr. I think it would be hard to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I would love that. But, and I am only looking at this from a trade partner standpoint, I don't know if there is anyone worth worth trading up for after you get past Clowney, Bridgewater, Mariota or Barr. I think it would be hard to accomplish.
    I disagree my friend. U know there will be teams vying for Tahj Boyd and possibly Johnny Manziel, and maybe Brett Hundley as well.. Mad teams will take those guys early.. I could see the Cards trading up with us for one of them, i could see the browns giving up one of there 1st rders for Boyd or Manziel..etc

I think it'll be extremely easy to trade down, as teams always reach for QB's.. I just don't do that in my mocks, because its impossible to perdict trades.

Can't perdict trades, but i'm all for it, of course.. Id love to trade down with the cards to like Pick 11 or something and snatch up Kouandjio or Mosley, and add picks..

That'd be a sick way to start our draft. Mike Evans is another guy i'd be interested in if we traded down. THat guy is utterly insane.

Larry Webster had a 4sack game against Kutztown this yr and his pops played 11yrs in the pros. Hes extrmely athletic with room to grow in to his 6ft 6in 240lb frame. I'm telling ya, this is a small school prospect worth of drafting.

Also 1 of my favorite players WR Brandin Cooks of Oregon State continues to blister everyone, on pace for 2000 yards.
    I agree about Ealy. Slip and I were talking about him during the offseason.

Brandin Cooks is sensational, and i think hes done enough to get 2nd rd attention, personally. Put him on the outside with Randle, and cruz in the slot, and u got a nice trio..

Ealys closing speed is pretty insane for a 275lber.