+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree watching him that he isn't very tall and they may be right about him being under 6'0 but, I think it goes beyond that.

My biggest problem with him is that he has 2 different throwing motions. Both of his releases are quick releases, so that is good. But ,when he wants to use a touch pass or put air under it he has a more traditional motion.I wouldn't call it a high release point, but it is the higher of his 2 motions. He throws accurately with this motion but I sometimes question his velocity using it.

When he wants zip, or when he is on the run, he often resorts to a sidearm motion that simply will not consistently work in the NFL, especially at his mediocre height. This motion also lacks accuracy and is a very flat trajectory. Furthermore the big problem with this motion is that is seems when things get tough he resorts to it more and more, as if it was his natural motion. I get the impression somewhere along the lines coaches tried to change his motion to the overhand version and his instincts, when things get tough, revert to that sidearm sling. I have a feeling his throwing motion combined with his height might be a factor in why he stayed in school for 5 years, to attempt to adjust it for NFL purposes.

I like Boyd's leadership and I respect the Clemson offensive system as 1 that can heap a lot on a QB. They do a fantastic job of creating passing lanes for him. Offenses wont do that for him in the NFL, he will have to. Therefor, I just don't know about him as a top prospect. People who know football know how hard it is to change a throwing motion(ask Tim Tebow.) As of right now, he needs to dump that sidearm garbage and resort to it only when needed for screens or w/e because it would be the lowest release point in the NFL by FAR if he tried to use it as much as he does in college.Thats no easy task. It is only about ear/shoulder height release point and when you combine it with his flat trajectory, I see that thing getting thrown back in his face a lot if he is in the pocket.
    its a huge deal. A lot of people point to R Wilson but look where Wilson releases the ball.Strictly on where the ball is coming from not on his height it is probably the highest release point in the NFL. Wilson was smart he knew his height was a detriment and compensated.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    its a huge deal. A lot of people point to R Wilson but look where Wilson releases the ball.Strictly on where the ball is coming from not on his height it is probably the highest release point in the NFL. Wilson was smart he knew his height was a detriment and compensated.
    I am glad to see someone else agrees with me on that notion. I know a lot of scouting sites haven't begun in depth analysis and right now it is mostly media hype that we hear about players, not actual respected opinions. However, I expect in the months following the season we are going to start hearing about his release more and more from sites and people who are actually respected.

A good game on tonight between Boise and BYU. Demarcus Lawerence, Cody Hoffman, Kyle Van Noy, Charles Leno, and Matt Miller are some of the NFL prospects on display tonight.

Hey Redeye, you notice Aaron Donald climbing boards? I seen him in the 2nd rd of mocks and on teams top 50big board now.. I know you think hes a bit undersized, but his strength is actually not a issue, and he creates havoc from the interior, and i think you can slide em outside on some clear run downs.

Jeez, is Chris Petersen finally having trouble getting top talent to Boise? Watching there defense, its a bunch of guys you would expect to see at lesser schools. Alot of unathletic players in that LB core, thats for sure. Of course they do have Demarcus Lawerence. Then again, they have lose some goodplayers over the past couple yrs.

Its comical watching some of these Boise defenders. They got terrible corners(they miss Taylor badly!!!!), and they got the most unathletic LB core i've ever seen. They got a couple solid players sprinkled in with a ton of divison 2 types.. I'm very dissapointed in what i see.

Thee worst CB duo i've seen this yr is Boise Sts duo.. Absoulutley ridiculous.

Demarcus Lawerence is the real deal, though. Thats a 2nd rd pick at worst, right there.

These targeting rules and all this other dumb stuff with these hits is stupid. This poor kid just got disqualified for Boise St after hitting Hoffman who would of had a TD had he not. He lead with his shoulder, but they said, it was above the shoulders. That shoulden't matter. You gotta be able to stop a TD for godsake. As soon as a ref sees a hard hit, he throws the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    These targeting rules and all this other dumb stuff with these hits is stupid. This poor kid just got disqualified for Boise St after hitting Hoffman who would of had a TD had he not. He lead with his shoulder, but they said, it was above the shoulders. That shoulden't matter. You gotta be able to stop a TD for godsake. As soon as a ref sees a hard hit, he throws the flag.

This is going in 1 direction......

a LOT more blown up knees