+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 91 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    A sleeper QB i like for this yr and i remember seeing once or twice last yr and started off with monster game against Nebraska this yr is BRETT SMITH of WYOMING. The kid can sling it around, and has enough HT, albeit, he could stand to add 10-15lbs. Hes not just a pocket passer either. The kid can move around and get some yrds with his feet. If u guys are ever bored, check out BRETT SMITH of WYOMING. U wont be dissapointed.
    Yeah i cut a few of his games over the summer. I actually was talking to his dad about him. I mentioned his arm strength looked suspect against Boise and he told me there was 40 mph swirling winds on the field. He was a nice guy thanked me for bringing attention to his son

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-03-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    That's some pretty cool stats. I wish it said the opposite because I would love to see more stats encouraging kids to stay in school, but that's very interesting none the less.

Speaking of age and QBs, I know you watched that FSU game last night. Jameis Winston going 25-27 for 356 yards and 4tds. He is 19 years old....that's insane.
    Yeah that was a great game but a lot of it was Putrid Defense . I think there was `1 tight window throw in that whole game for him. Nothing he can do about that just saying Pittsburghs defense was really terrible. Not like it matters anyway he has at least 2 full seasons before he can declare as a RS Freshman

I woulden't mind the GMEN taking a gamble on Winston Guy who was let go. We need help at S and i liked Guy alot as a S prospect when he came out. Guy and also Brandon Hardin were both let go, and both are intriguing to me.
    Guys like Guy and Sash are being marginalized with the moving of the Kickoffs up. A lot of there appeal is for Special Teams

You are so correct about Clemson's defense. Every single yr they suck, yet have so many prospects..lol Its odd to say the least.z

Not that it has anything to do with defense but did you guys notice Dwayne Allen is looking like the lead horse in the TE(albeit hes more H-back) in Indy over even Coby Fleener? And its not just Fleeners injury, its simply being outplayed. I thought Dwayne Allen was a 1st rd talent with underrated hops and i think hes poised for a big yr.

You and I took flak every time we sung his praises. The Fleener nation came down on us. Now look who is the starter and who is the Backup.

http://www.colts.com/team/depth-chart.html

I'm surprised Santaman hasen't brought up Lamarcus Joyners solid performance for the Seminoles last night.
    I like the kid, I love his attitude and his ability. But he is a tweener and I don't know where he fits in. He is a bit like Tyrann Mathieu without the off the field issues. Last year as a safety he was all over the field making plays. But now he has been moved to corner and he is undersized for either position. I love his intangibles I just don't know where he fits in a NFL defense and I need to see him in actual corner coverage more before I can say 1 way or ther other.

To be honest, last year it was all about FSU's defense. There are a couple guys who can still play defense in Jernigan, Christain Jones but this year most of the stars are on offense. They have a remarkable cast across the board, 2 very good backs, 3 very good Wr, including 1 guy who is as physical a freak as there is in the country in Kelvin Benjamin. They have a very solid Oline and lastly, they have a very good TE.

Im not the biggest fan of FSU's offensive style at times, but they have massive talent and will have a couple 1st rounders in the next couple years.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-03-2013 at 02:05 PM.

You and I took flak every time we sung his praises. The Fleener nation came down on us. Now look who is the starter and who is the Backup.

http://www.colts.com/team/depth-chart.html
    And i liked Fleener as well, but Dwayne Allen had that Antonio Gates build to him and he showed his leaping ability and athletic aiblity in games more so then the stupid combine(another guy who dropped because of combine and is awesome).

I think Allens gonna have 50plus catches this yr and at least 7tds. U heard it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Guys like Guy and Sash are being marginalized with the moving of the Kickoffs up. A lot of there appeal is for Special Teams
    It dosen't matter, Guy was picked up all ready by the Jaguars. I didn't think he'd last long out there. He might be more of a thumper, but hes got a little versatility to his game, and great size to come up and support the run, and could be another one of those hybrid LB/S types that takes the Jason Wittens, Fred Davis's, and Zach Ertz's down the seam as well, and be a core ST player. He has CB in his blood, as he played there before moving to S as a Soph at Kentucky. Hes more a Jack of all trades player with good instincts then just a thumper, ableit, yes, hes very physical and makes plays behind the line. I think he'd of helped.
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 09-03-2013 at 10:53 PM.

It dosen't matter, Guy was picked up all ready by the Jaguars. .

To be honest, you have to take that with a grain of salt tho. The jags signed a whopping 7 guys off waivers. Right now, they are auditioning stadium hot dog vendors I think

Sammy Watkins is a freak! If he don't go top10, then somethings wrong. Hes light yrs ahead of Hopkins, as far as explosion. If i was the Jets, i'd do whatevre it took to get Watkins or Marquise Lee .
    Watkins is fantastic! Honestly, I can see us go WR high in the draft next year and say Watkins is on the board when we pick, which is unlikely considering we will have a low 1st rounder, would you pull the trigger? I think Nicks is all but gone already.

To be honest, you have to take that with a grain of salt tho. The jags signed a whopping 7 guys off waivers. Right now, they are auditioning stadium hot dog vendors I think
    To a point, you are correct my friend. Then again, 7 outta about how many guys were cut??? 200? 250? I'm certainly not saying hes the next Kam Chancellor, but he can help , i think..