+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Welp, we won 2in a row, lead by our defense who hasen't given up a single point, albeit against some bad QB's, but great RB's, and as we seen in KC with Jason Campbell, its still hard to hold a team scoreless no matter who is the QB..Its also no coincidence that ELI hasen't thrown a pick the past 2wks, the first 2games of the season we can say that, and there both wins..lol I just have a gut feeling if we had a Marcus Mariota type QB, we'd of won today 30-7.. Oh well, ELI was solid today, and hasent killed us with mistakes the past couple wks..

Heres my after the game weekly mock.. I got us picking 7th, after having us picking 5th last wk..

1). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- I'm sticking with Watkins, becuase i think Mathews, CLowney, Barr, Mariota, will all be gone by pick 7.. Watkins is the most explosive player on the board. Nicks will most likely be gone and a bit more explosion to catch up to ELi's overthrows will be nice on the outside. Also, Watkins is a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the rock...

2).Austin Seferian Jenkins TE Washington- The perfect fit for our offense. Hes massively big , yet athletic, can block, and is a huge redzone target.. Our offense would be deadly scary with Watkins, Cruz, Seferian jenkins, and Randle!

3).Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St- Perfect giants type corner. Big and fast , and kinda reminds me a bit of Prince..

4).Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- Plug him next to Hankins and you got a perfect complement to eachother. Donald is smallish but very strong and generates much pressure from the interior

5).Brandon Thomas G Clemson- great value i think this late. Thomas could offer depth for interior of oline and possibly win a job..

6).Isaiah Crowell RB Alabama St- Big bruiser who was a top player for the GA before being let go for offield issues. Hes a good value in RD6 and fits this offense like a glove.

7).Denicos Allen OLB Michigan St- Undersized LB, can hopefully convert to "deon grant" role on team, as he can really move and is all over the field, and could be a weapon in the box on run downs and as extra defender in pass coverege. I think he's good enough to take TE's down the seam as well. Hes very talented, just really undersized..
    You really think Austin Seferian Jenkins is going to last almost until pick 40? I don't see it.
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

RG3 runs all day last wk, and this wk, he dosen't run at all and plays a just wretched game.. Of course its gonna kill me in fantasy..
    I have Griffin in fantasy too. I just spent some words venting about his mechanics in the "Wow Washington" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I have Griffin in fantasy too. I just spent some words venting about his mechanics in the "Wow Washington" thread.
    Luckily, i still won because i had Jordy Nelson and Boykin go off for combined 45points in the sunday nighter, but still.. Next wk, i'm debating going with Brady at Home agianst Pittsburgh, over RG3 against SD..

Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
    You really think Austin Seferian Jenkins is going to last almost until pick 40? I don't see it.
    Hes having a down season and Eric Ebron and Jace Amaro are playing outta this world. Obviously anything can happen, but his stock has certainly fallen this yr. The only reason i have em going there is because CBS.SPORTs had em going there and i used there big board for the mock, otherwise i'd forget about players..

What do you think of the draft? I was torn on either Yawin Smallwood ILB Uconn or Justin Gilbert CB Ok St in the 3rd rd. Even now, i wonder if i made the right choice? My thinking would be Smallwood goes to the middle or maybe even Strongside, as hes quite big enough, with Beason as one of the other starters and Jaquian Williams backing up WLB.. Smallwood and Beason is such a intriguing duo at the LB positon. Dion Bailey S Usc is another one i'd consider in the 3rd rd.

.1). Sammy Watkins WR Clemson- I'm sticking with Watkins, becuase i think Mathews, CLowney, Barr, Mariota, will all be gone by pick 7.. Watkins is the most explosive player on the board. Nicks will most likely be gone and a bit more explosion to catch up to ELi's overthrows will be nice on the outside. Also, Watkins is a threat to take it to the house any time he touches the rock...
    If Mike Evans from Texas A&M came out, do you think the Giants would consider him over Watkins? He's the perfect type of outside receiver this offense needs in the event Nicks heads elsewhere next season. He can make those tough catches outside the numbers and can punish an opposing defense that lacks good tackling from the secondary. Maybe not this upcoming year but depending on what happens in the receiver department, he could be on our radar next year.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    If Mike Evans from Texas A&M came out, do you think the Giants would consider him over Watkins? He's the perfect type of outside receiver this offense needs in the event Nicks heads elsewhere next season. He can make those tough catches outside the numbers and can punish an opposing defense that lacks good tackling from the secondary. Maybe not this upcoming year but depending on what happens in the receiver department, he could be on our radar next year.
    Dude, I swear the first time I ever saw Evans play I thought he'd end up a hybrid TE at the next level. He's come a long way but his speed is still questionable. I'm really curious to see how he times at the combine. He really has great hands and can win at his height for jump balls. ...I'm just still a little skeptical about what kind of receiver he'll be in the NFL.

For the record I like Watkins better but Evans is an intruiging prospect. I doubt the Giants go wide-out in round 1 though anyway.

hey nycsportsfan i really love that mock you made ,we might need to get some lineman in free agency but i like how the first two picks add offensive talent im really big on both and justin gilbert i had in my last mock , i think peoples are starting to see that our offense needs more additions than our defense as when we got the lead as a player has said the pressure really got to the eagles

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Dude, I swear the first time I ever saw Evans play I thought he'd end up a hybrid TE at the next level. He's come a long way but his speed is still questionable. I'm really curious to see how he times at the combine. He really has great hands and can win at his height for jump balls. ...I'm just still a little skeptical about what kind of receiver he'll be in the NFL.

For the record I like Watkins better but Evans is an intruiging prospect. I doubt the Giants go wide-out in round 1 though anyway.
    I think Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are flat out studs and easily top 10picks. Most compare Mike Evans to Vincent Jackson, who does in fact have speed and is a deep threat. Smaller corners won't stand a chance and he's gonna be able to out physically play defenders for balls and be a huge redzon asset.. I personally think Watkins is more needed, because randle becomes ur big bodied, long WR on the outside, and you can put Watkins whos really improved his route running and underneath routes anywhere, and he also has the blazing speed to beat defenders deep.. Watkins explosion is the deicding factor for me. He can take it to the house from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    hey nycsportsfan i really love that mock you made ,we might need to get some lineman in free agency but i like how the first two picks add offensive talent im really big on both and justin gilbert i had in my last mock , i think peoples are starting to see that our offense needs more additions than our defense as when we got the lead as a player has said the pressure really got to the eagles
    Thanks. Ya, right now, i'd say the offense looks like it needs a makeover plus i'm assuming Nicks is gonna sign elsewhere. ELI must be protected and have weapons to throw 2. You gotta keep replenishing and this yrs offense has been very stagnent and has become less explosive 2yrs straight now. Its time for alittle makeover and to get a legit in line blocking , pass catching TEwho gives ELI another big target in the redzone..

I think Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are flat out studs and easily top 10picks. Most compare Mike Evans to Vincent Jackson, who does in fact have speed and is a deep threat. Smaller corners won't stand a chance and he's gonna be able to out physically play defenders for balls and be a huge redzon asset.. I personally think Watkins is more needed, because randle becomes ur big bodied, long WR on the outside, and you can put Watkins whos really improved his route running and underneath routes anywhere, and he also has the blazing speed to beat defenders deep.. Watkins explosion is the deicding factor for me. He can take it to the house from anywhere.
    Yep I agree with you about Watkins. To me he's a faster version of Hakeem Nicks. May not be as polished a route runner but he has that same snag-ability of the ball and can go up and get it too. Not to mention he's fast as hell. He could play all three of the X, Y, Z in this offense. I like all those wide-outs they have at Clemson. Martavis Bryant and Mike Williams are the future there and they're both specimens at the same height of 6'5.

As for Evans, I can really see a team like the Jets snagging him the first.