+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 91 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    1 of the guys I think who people aren't talking about enough, and maybe it is cause he is a rs sophomore, is Kelvin Benjamin WR from FSU. I expect his stock to really rise this offseason, assuming he comes out which is likely imho. He reminds me a great deal of Plaxico.
    I wasn't aware that he was a RS Soph. If he sticks around another year he will be a monster. He is a freak though, every time I watch him play he wins every jump ball thrown it seems like

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

This guy is one of my favorite DB's in the draft. He is a big hitter and can break on the ball. Calvin Pryor Safety from Louisville is a beast. Here is a video of him vs Connecticut. It is impressive and another impressive video is vs Rutgers

A great article from Rang on one of my fave players, S Deone Bucannon of Wash St. This guy does it all, and was even covering slot recievers at 6ft 1in 215lbs this past wkend against Zona, only prooving further, he can do it all. This guys a flat out stud, and would be a great pick in RD2, if hes still on the board. He and Will Hill would form a ferocious duo at S..
    -------------------------------------

2014 NFL Draft: Washington State's Bucannon passes test vs. Arizona
    By Rob Rang | The Sports Xchange/CBSSports.comNovember 16, 2013 5:25 pm ET

Deone Bucannon comes up with an interception vs. Stanford on Sept. 28. (USATSI)

Washington State's defense has shown the ferocity of a house cat in recent years, but strong safety Deone Bucannon is proving a notable exception.

Bucannon, among 15 semifinalists for the Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, didn't add to his eye-popping turnover numbers in Washington State's 24-17 victory but did perhaps answer a key question scouts have about his NFL projection.

It isn't difficult to understand why talent evaluators have grown enamored with "Big Play" Bucannon. The 6-foot-1, 215-pound senior entered Saturday's game leading the Pac-12 with 85 tackles. Further, he's accounted for 10 turnovers (five interceptions, three forced fumbles, two recovered fumbles) through nine games.

While the Wildcats certainly are not as gifted as Oregon or physical as Stanford, their versatile offense provided scouts a test from which to grade Bucannon.

The Wildcats boast one of the nation's elite running backs in junior Ka'Deem Carey. Bucannon is widely regarded as one of the better run-defending safeties in the country but he couldn't focus on stopping Arizona's All-American because Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez's quick-hitting passing attack was just as likely to carve up the Cougars' defense.

Big BoardInside backers make move

The Wildcats' spread offense forced Bucannon to cover slot receivers, while keeping an eye on the backfield should Carey get the handoff. While instinctive, the high-cut defender appeared vulnerable in this role as he -- like most long-legged players -- does not change directions as fluidly as shorter athletes. Despite the appearance of vulnerability, Bucannon allowed only one reception in this contest while covering the slot, showing off his awareness, surprising acceleration and long arms to force quarterback B.J. Denker to focus elsewhere.

While generally regarded as a quality open-field tackler, Bucannon's struggles with fluidity ironically showed up more when attempting to tackle Carey than in coverage.

Bucannon is an imposing downhill hitter but failing to make the tackle on Arizona's first score of the game is a play he'd likely rather forget.

Lining up on the right hash in a traditional two-deep look, Bucannon stepped up aggressively as Carey took the handoff from Denker. Carey weaved his way through a muddled line of scrimmage, forcing the Washington defense to pursue to their left. Bucannon did so but had to avoid the umpire, causing him to lose sight of Carey for a split second. This was all Carey needed, as he cut back to his left, fighting through Bucannon's desperation arm tackle on his way to a weaving 30-yard touchdown jaunt.

Boasting a much more imposing frame than in past years, Bucannon certainly looks the part of an NFL player. When attacking the line of scrimmage in run support or protecting the middle against unsuspecting receivers, his closing speed and willingness to drop his shoulder can result in the eye-popping collisions that helped him earn Second Team All-Pac-12 honors last season, despite playing for a 3-9 team.

Bucannon's ability to dictate the action from his traditional strong safety role aided the Cougars' in their road victory over the Wildcats.

Don't be surprised if it also generates him a selection within the first 75 picks of the 2014 NFL draft -- a higher position than any Washington State prospect has been drafted in more than a decade.

Just watched Carlos Hyde vs Illinois on draftbreakdown. Wow was that a game for him! 4 TDs, two of them were long runs. He is a lot faster than people give him credit for.

Nyc i love buchanon too, i like him more than Clinton dix and i put him in my last mock in the 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    Nyc i love buchanon too, i like him more than Clinton dix and i put him in my last mock in the 2nd round
    It'd be awesome, because Prince and TT support the run and can play in coverege, and now we'd add Bucannon to the mix, and he's the same way. We'd have a big secondary that can play the pass and run.. Are defense would be insane if we added Bucannon for the future mix...

I might be in the minority here but I think Bradley Roby is greatly overrated. I watch all the games and yeah, he's nice and has moments, but he's not as consistent as I'd like from a top corner and feel he gets overly physical at times to mask his coverage abilities....which he seems to get away with more often than not.

I'd for sure take Ekpre-Olomu over him. IMO it's not even a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I might be in the minority here but I think Bradley Roby is greatly overrated. I watch all the games and yeah, he's nice and has moments, but he's not as consistent as I'd like from a top corner and feel he gets overly physical at times to mask his coverage abilities....which he seems to get away with more often than not.

I agree Ekpre-Olomu is really good coverage wise and can break on the ball so he can pick it off. His one knock was his tackling and he did that well vs Stanford. He should be the first CB taken in the draft IMO

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post

Ur not in the minority. Hes having a terrible season and dropping to the 3rd rd by some. Ekpre-Olomu is the guy i just mocked to us in my weekly mock after the game sunday. I love what he does in coverege, and he really impressed me defending the run the wk before last also. Hes one of my fave players in the country. I woulden't even mind going heavy secndary and grabbing Ekpre-Olomu in rd1 and Bucannon in rd2..

Ekpre-Olomu is the type the both worries me due to lack of technique, but also has one of the higher ceilings in the event he is taught it. He's a playmaker, but he's doing so on pure instinct and physical ability which makes him intriguing.

He tends to have sketchy footwork to say the least [and not just because he's currently being asked to shuffle] and is a magnet for holding and pass interference. Typically, I would question his size in regards to what the Giants value, but with his ability to play the run, that shouldn't be an issue.