+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    Aaron Donald has been looking really disruptive vs Syracuse right now.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Aaron Donald has been looking really disruptive vs Syracuse right now.
    hes outstanding. Hes pretty much one of my top 5 fave players in this upcoming draft now. Hes so freaking disruptive and has violent hands and even though hes not big, hes mad strong! I've watched him litteraly toss G's to the side and be in the backfield with his 1st step explosion in no time! This guys future All Pro(yup, i went there!)

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    hes outstanding. Hes pretty much one of my top 5 fave players in this upcoming draft now. Hes so freaking disruptive and has violent hands and even though hes not big, hes mad strong! I've watched him litteraly toss G's to the side and be in the backfield with his 1st step explosion in no time! This guys future All Pro(yup, i went there!)
    Yeah he is a monster. He was ruining a lot of plays for Syracuse. If we keep up our tradition of having good DE pass rushers and then get Donald with Hankins (or Joesph if we re-sign) then we will have an insane DL

WOW! Georgia Southern beat Florida... and they didn't complete a pass all game. How is that even possible hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    WOW! Georgia Southern beat Florida... and they didn't complete a pass all game. How is that even possible hahaha
    Wow!

Wow!
    I have never heard of a team winning a game without completing a pass and it was an FCS team beating an FBS team.. that's crazy!

I didn't do are weekly mock right after the game this wk because that one stung alittle to much. I was crushed last night and i'm still having a tough time dealing with it. Anyhow, i got us picking 10th overall after the loss to the cowgirls.

1).Mike Evans WR Texas A&M- Nicks is all but gone, and Jerrnigan and Murphy aren't the answer. We need a big,strong, physical WR like Mike Evans to complement the savy route running victor cruz . Teamed with Rueben Randle, its make for a formidable trio of WR's, and are offense just lacks playmakers in the pass game. Evans hasent been great the past few wks but i'm sold on him all ready. Hes in the Vincent Jackson/Michael Floyd mold of WR.

2).Deone Bucannon S Washington St- Rolles been awesome this yr, but got picked on in coverege badly that last drive which is a reminder to me that hes been more not worth the money then worth it in his tenure with us and is only getting older. Bucannon is a big physcial player who has off the charts instincts. Its rare you see a player of Bucannons size be able to be such a ballhawk, on top of perfect size for downhill thumping in the run game.

3).Xavier Grimble TE Usc- On a hunch, i really think Grimble would be a great fit with ELI and in the way we like to use are TE's in recent memory. Adrien Robinson was a bust pick and Donell isn't the answer. Myers hasen't been as good as i thought he'd be in the pass game, and i think ELI likes more of the big targets like Ballard, Boss,and Bennett. Grimble falls into that category at 6ft 5in 250plus lbs..ELI would be very happy adding both Mike Evans and Grimble to the offense..

4).Jonathan Brown OLB Illinois- Good value in the 4th rd. Can rush the passer and adds depth to SLB positon where Rivers is known to be injury prone.

5).Weston Richburg C Colorado St- With Baas all but gone, Corldles filled in and done admirably, but some depth and competiton is in need. I was impressed with Richburg against college best Alabama, and think theres some value with him the 5th rd..

6).Khyri Thornton DT Southern Miss- Watched him a couple wks ago and was really impressed as were the announcers. Would complement Hankins really well, and reminds me of Corneilius Griffin from yrs ago.

7).Chris Watt G Notre Dame- Really impressed with him this past wk against BYU, and Watt could give us some needed youth and depth on the interior of the oline.

I wanted so badly to put Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh in as are 1st rd pick, but i just coulden't do it yet.lol Hes a stud!

Heres a small writeup on Aaron Donald from a Helmet Stickers segment on ESPN.com

Pitt DT Aaron Donald: A front-runner for the ACC's defensive player of the year award, Donald was the catalyst in getting Pitt bowl eligible with a 17-16 win over Syracuse. Donald had nine tackles -- eight solo -- including 3.5 for a loss. He had two quarterback hurries, and his blocked PAT proved the difference in the game. For the season, he has a national-best 26 tackles for loss.

Heres a small writeup on Aaron Donald from a Helmet Stickers segment on ESPN.com

Pitt DT Aaron Donald: A front-runner for the ACC's defensive player of the year award, Donald was the catalyst in getting Pitt bowl eligible with a 17-16 win over Syracuse. Donald had nine tackles -- eight solo -- including 3.5 for a loss. He had two quarterback hurries, and his blocked PAT proved the difference in the game. For the season, he has a national-best 26 tackles for loss.
    I watched the game and he was an absolute animal that game. He could not be stopped at all. That was the first time I have watched him live and was very impressed with him. Also he looks like he weighs more than 285 (which is probably his only knock) Same with Bromley they call him undersized as well