+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 91 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
    Jackson Jeffcoat DE Texas was brilliant against Texas Tech. They moved him all over, and he ended up with 7tackles and 3sacks. He certainly raised his stock yesterday. The problem is, he might be to small for a natural 4/3 end. I could see the giants show interst in the way that Seattle uses Bruce Irvin, as a speciality edge rusher on obvious pass downs. Hes a playmaker, no doubt about it. I'm more intrigued after yesterdays game. He may be a late 1st rd pick, but will certainly be gone no later then RD2.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I've been saying this basically all yr long. I don't know what took people so long to see Nicks was not the same player and was simply not coming back. I've known this for the entire yr.
    I see some positives picking Mike Evans but also some big time negatives that worry me with him in the Giant offense.

The good: He is a big target that the Giants surely could use in the redzone. We won a Super Bowl being a pass first team but Eli's horrendous play this season has me believing we should revert back to 2007-08 version of the Giant offense and Evans fits that. Evans high points the ball very well. He sees a lot of 50/50 balls with Manziel chucking a lot of balls up for grabs and he wins the majority of them. His blocking on the outside is magnificent and rarely discussed when people talk about his game. He would be a huge asset in the run game on the perimeter. If the Giants can get Wilson on the edge in space Evans who blocks like a TE could spring him.

The Bad: I have a lot of concerns about Mike Evans in Gilbrides system. He is coming from a very basic offensive system and I see the potential for Major growing pains. Much of Mike Evans production is based off broken plays where Manziel runs around for 5 seconds and throws it up for grabs. While the ability to find space and being the superior physical player on jump balls is a plus how many of those opportunities is Mike Evans going to get in the NFL. This bodes well for the Giants red zone offense but as far as beating DB's with his route running he has a long way to go.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-01-2013 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I see some positives picking Mike Evans but also some big time negatives that worry me with him in the Giant offense.

The good: He is a big target that the Giants surely could use in the redzone. We won a Super Bowl being a pass first team but Eli's horrendous play this season has me believing we should revert back to 2007-08 version of the Giant offense and Evans fits that. Evans high points the ball very well. He sees a lot of 50/50 balls with Manziel chucking a lot of balls up for grabs and he wins the majority of them. His blocking on the outside is magnificent and rarely discussed when people talk about his game. He would be a huge asset in the run game on the perimeter. If the Giants can get Wilson on the edge in space Evans who blocks like a TE could spring him.

The Bad: I have a lot of concerns about Mike Evans in Gilbrides system. He is coming from a very basic offensive system and I see the potential for Major growing pains. Much of Mike Evans production is based off broken plays where Manziel runs around for 5 seconds and throws it up for grabs. While the ability to find space and being the superior physical player on jump balls is a plus how many of those opportunities is Mike Evans going to get in the NFL. This bodes well for the Giants red zone offense but as far as beating DB's with his route running he has a long way to go.
    That is a good overview of Evans. I agree on the positives and negatives. He has the tools to be a stud but the last WR we took in a non pro style offense was Jernigan... Although they are completely different builds and play styles but it is the same concept that they need to get to know the playbook and they need to clean up their routes. The broken plays are a huge part of his production. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Paul Richardson or another guy I really like is Davante Adams WR from Fresno St. He is a Soph RS, this year he has almost 1500 yards and 22 TDs. In his career so far (two years) he has almost 2800 yards and 36 TD's! He is a freak, he is 6'2 and is fast. He has strength and elusiveness to get great YAC numbers.

There isn't too much tape of him but here is a highlight of his RS Freshman season so you can get an idea of his play style

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Good assement. I know hes got weaknesses, but are redzone play has been downright embaressing, and we just aren't the same without that big strong outside WR ala Plax and Nicks(when he was playing well). And as you said, his blocking is tremendous, and with David Wilson, it could be a godsend for him on the edge, as well as both Wilson and Brown in the screen game, which we gotta get back to being better at. Evans hasen't been tremendous the last several wks, outside of one big wk, but i've seen what i need to see from him. As you recall, i loved Alshon Jeffrey, even when many talked about his deep speed and physical fitness, but his size and strength are just imposing. I've been watching jeffrey completely dominate DB's one on one "physically" all yr long, almost to the point of its not fair. Thats exactly who Mike Evans reminds me of.

I wonder how much weight Zac Stacy has put on since the draft? I was watching some vandy highlights of him yesterday and have seen him a few times this yr, and he looks alot bigger. God , i wish we would of drafted him. I loved em as a sleeper back. That balance and thick tree trunk thighs is awesome. Also, his pass catching is very good. Zac Stacy is a stud.

I wonder how much weight Zac Stacy has put on since the draft? I was watching some vandy highlights of him yesterday and have seen him a few times this yr, and he looks alot bigger. God , i wish we would of drafted him. I loved em as a sleeper back. That balance and thick tree trunk thighs is awesome. Also, his pass catching is very good. Zac Stacy is a stud.
    Loved him as well. Its funny almost every writer I talked to from the draft sites loved him. Its weird how NFL scouts were all so wrong on him. The guy might not be blazing fast but his vision is exceptional and he is a factor in the passing game as a blocker and receiver. He will be a good RB for a long time.

Good assement. I know hes got weaknesses, but are redzone play has been downright embaressing, and we just aren't the same without that big strong outside WR ala Plax and Nicks(when he was playing well). And as you said, his blocking is tremendous, and with David Wilson, it could be a godsend for him on the edge, as well as both Wilson and Brown in the screen game, which we gotta get back to being better at. Evans hasen't been tremendous the last several wks, outside of one big wk, but i've seen what i need to see from him. As you recall, i loved Alshon Jeffrey, even when many talked about his deep speed and physical fitness, but his size and strength are just imposing. I've been watching jeffrey completely dominate DB's one on one "physically" all yr long, almost to the point of its not fair. Thats exactly who Mike Evans reminds me of.
    I would agree some similarities in strengths and weaknesses between Evans and Jeffery. Its Gilbrides offense that has me concerned .Dont want to draft a guy top 10 and have him struggle for 2 years figuring it out.

I would agree some similarities in strengths and weaknesses between Evans and Jeffery. Its Gilbrides offense that has me concerned .Dont want to draft a guy top 10 and have him struggle for 2 years figuring it out.
    What about a guy like Sammy Watkins? I see a lot more Evans talk. Watkins is electric and has decent size...
    SuperMario82 on old GMB

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovalchuk71 View Post
    What about a guy like Sammy Watkins? I see a lot more Evans talk. Watkins is electric and has decent size...
    Evans scares me, for all the reasons red eye listed and then some. However, I'm just as afraid to see how much Gilbride could waste an explosive player like Watkins.

Alshon Jeffrey ended up having 12recept 249yards 2td..lol I rest my case!!!!lol Nah, i get what ur saying wit Gilbride. Hopefully he'll be gone, but i think even plax and toomer(last couple yrs at least), and iNicks have all had success in Gilbrides system. But i do think those guys could've been even better in other systems. So i get ur point. I still like the fit enough to take the risk though.