+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 91 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Im a bit torn on Ealy.

He looks like he plays heavy to me.

He has a good burst out the snap, and good closing speed, but I question his lateral ability and his hips/ankles.

Think he may be better suited as a strong side end. He actually reminds me a bit of Tuck.
    a young Tuck.. sounds good to me

Excited to watch Jordan Mathews from Vandy today. I am thinking he could be either a trade down target or a 2nd round target if he lasts that far. He would be an excellent replacement for Nicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    a young Tuck.. sounds good to me
    JPP is also a young tuck.

They need a legitimate edge rusher. Not an edge defender.

This Chiefs/Colts playoff games a riot.lol 45-44??lol Luck throws 3picks and they still score 45! Hence, why i woulden't worry about drafting a G or T in RD1 or 2. In todays NFL, its all about weapons and scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    This Chiefs/Colts playoff games a riot.lol 45-44??lol Luck throws 3picks and they still score 45! Hence, why i woulden't worry about drafting a G or T in RD1 or 2. In todays NFL, its all about weapons and scoring.
    Huh? You cant score if your QB is on his back or injured on the sideline.

Btw both the Chiefs and Colts have picked an offensive lineman in the 1st round in 1 of the last 3 years.

In fact, many/ most of the teams in the playoffs right now have picked an Olineman in the 1st round in recent years.

We have not.

I am not saying we definitely should, because it all depends on who is on the board when we select. But weapons don't matter if the Qb cant stay upright.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I agree somewhat but both Luck and Alex Smith can move around and make plays out of the pocket. Eli cannot, so the OL should be a focus. I would sign two in FA and take another in the first three rounds. But I would love to upgrade the skill positions on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    I agree somewhat but both Luck and Alex Smith can move around and make plays out of the pocket. Eli cannot, so the OL should be a focus. I would sign two in FA and take another in the first three rounds. But I would love to upgrade the skill positions on this team.
    Agreed about the Eli thing. Pretty annoying that we got a QB whos inacurate and we have to have a ridiculously good oline just for the guy to have success.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post

Btw both the Chiefs and Colts have picked an offensive lineman in the 1st round in 1 of the last 3 years.

In fact, many/ most of the teams in the playoffs right now have picked an Olineman in the 1st round in recent years.

We have not.

I am not saying we definitely should, because it all depends on who is on the board when we select. But weapons don't matter if the Qb cant stay upright.
    Uh yes we have

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post

We have not.

The teams in the playoffs all have potent offenses with very good QB's. Thats what they have. Go look at Eli's 3pick games. Guranteed the scores giants alittle and the other team, alot..lol

I mean, we just drafted a Olineman in the 1st rd last yr, and now this yr, the guy we thought was a stud looked terrible(Beatty), so we essentially are in the same positon as last yr.. You can get the right mix of olineman by being creative. Not ot mention, you just can't tell how these guys are gonna play one yr to the next..