+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast
    In 2007, I would of loved Beason or Poz at pick 20, being a LB guy. But I also really liked Reggie Nelson from Florida. We needed DBs though so I was ok with Ross.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=144536&dateline=14121  66338

Ross followed up by Steve Smith in the 2nd.. I really liked the Smith pick that year..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hey Strick, I know its way early, but just outta curiousity, you have a player next yr thats got ur curiousity alittle more then others? I just wanna here a couple diffrent names is all.lol I was looking at a 2015 mock is why i'm asking.. For me, Jalen Strong WR Arz St is at top of the list if we don't add much this yr, and Ifo Ekpre Olomu(he was on my top 5 big board before deciding on going back this yr.lol). And a couple more i'd add, Randy Gregory DE Nebraska, and i'll end with Todd Gurley RB GA.. Those would be my extremely early top 4 i'd hope for next yr at this time.. I'm surprised how good a 2rd mock looked next yr in spite of all the underclassmen declaring..

Also, shout out to AJ Johnson ILB Tenn going back to school. He fell off some and needs to show he can be left on the field for all 3downs next yr. Hes fine as a 2down run stuffer who can use his strength to disengage at the line and make the stop, but he struggles in pass coverege. He needs to work on that, because 2down thumpers aren't going in the 1st rd. Smart choice on his behalf going back..I still don't like Ekpre Olomus and Mariotas decisons. I would take Ekpre Olomu over any corner in this yrs draft and same for Mariota. Mariota was at the top of my big board before going back to school. Also, Cedric Oguhebi OT A&M going back is odd? He was top 10perdicted. Wheres he gonna go? With QB's like Jameis Winston, Mariota, Bryce Petty, all prob going top 10 , i can't see him rising much past the 5th to 10th pcik and he could fall alot if he gets hurt..

Oh well, just some random 2015 stuff..lol
    Gregory for sure. I saw him twice this season and he was a straight monster. Him and Jean-Baptiste were really their only good defensive players. I think he could be the top DE next year. I will try and think of some others too. Ekpre-Olomu is a good one as well!

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Gregory for sure. I saw him twice this season and he was a straight monster. Him and Jean-Baptiste were really their only good defensive players. I think he could be the top DE next year. I will try and think of some others too. Ekpre-Olomu is a good one as well!
    Dorian green-beckham to me is the face of the next draft, he is the next megatron, but he needs to stay out of trouble, I'm thinking legitimate top 5 for him?

Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin is another that I like. I really like his vision

Vic Beasley DE Clemson: He started this year off great. I am interested to see if he can piece together a good year next season

Shalique Calhoun DE Michigan St: had a solid season this year and I am looking for him to take the next step

Ty Montgomery WR Stanford- I watched him a few times and he was very explosive. He is my favorite WR going in to 2015. A sleeper WR I have is Kenny Bell WR Nebraska. He just does everything solid. He doesn't have great stats because Nebraska has no accurate QB's... he also had the biggest block I have seen from a WR in college when he absolutely killed a guy on Wisconsin!

Quote Originally Posted by King Sully View Post
    Dorian green-beckham to me is the face of the next draft, he is the next megatron, but he needs to stay out of trouble, I'm thinking legitimate top 5 for him?
    He is a stud. I didn't put him because he is pretty well known but he is a beast. Arrest is a little alarming though

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    They have the 2014 College All-Star Challenge on ESPN tonight (9:00). Just a heads up if anyone's interested in checking it out. Don't know who's gonna be there tonight but it's a fun event and I watch it every year. Still remember the one in 2009 with Hakeem Nicks and Ramses Barden.
    I'll check it out. I remember Ramses making some pretty nice 1 handers and I thought he could be Plax 2.0 when we drafted him... haha

I'll check it out. I remember Ramses making some pretty nice 1 handers and I thought he could be Plax 2.0 when we drafted him... haha
    I remember the first time I saw that show, I thought Hakeem looked too heavy and slow. Then I thought, "who the hell is that tall receiver from Cal Poly who looks like Keyshawn Johnson....the Giants should draft that guy". Sadly....they did.

Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin is another that I like. I really like his vision

Vic Beasley DE Clemson: He started this year off great. I am interested to see if he can piece together a good year next season

Shalique Calhoun DE Michigan St: had a solid season this year and I am looking for him to take the next step

Ty Montgomery WR Stanford- I watched him a few times and he was very explosive. He is my favorite WR going in to 2015. A sleeper WR I have is Kenny Bell WR Nebraska. He just does everything solid. He doesn't have great stats because Nebraska has no accurate QB's... he also had the biggest block I have seen from a WR in college when he absolutely killed a guy on Wisconsin!
    Ya Melvin Gordon is insanely good. It'll be nice to see a couple RB's in the top 20 debate again. Gordon and Gurley are both franchise type backs.. I think they both are gonna be competing against each other all yr for 1st back taken.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I remember the first time I saw that show, I thought Hakeem looked too heavy and slow. Then I thought, "who the hell is that tall receiver from Cal Poly who looks like Keyshawn Johnson....the Giants should draft that guy". Sadly....they did.
    I loved Ramses Barden pick. I still don't get it? I was so confident in him becoming a stud in this league. Dead wrong!lol