+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 909
  1. #801
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,703
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Would be ecstatic with this draft --- lets hope you are right. You have a few of my favorite players in this draft in your group.

    I'm thinking Gilbert has a solid chance of being our #1 -- particularly because I think/hope we address OL in free agency and may address defense early.
    Adding a pass rusher in 2nd round adds 2 solid pieces to our defense --- hopefully really solidifying and adding depth to our defense.

    Got my 1st look at Niklas in a few game films the other day and he's pretty damn impressive --- he's a prototypical Giant type TE. Hill is probably my 2nd favorite back in the draft in terms of size/athleticsm and upside/potential.

    Would be thrilled with this draft. Only thing that might be better for me is if Shazier somehow slipped and was available at #44. Adding 2 great athletes like Gilbert/Shazier to our defense would be great --- but Crichton looks very good.

    Only thing better maybe would be if say
    Thanks my friend. Ya, i added Denicos Allen in the 6th rd, which isn't exactly Ryan Shazier, but Allen is incredibly strong for his size, and is a superb blitzer and all around tackling machine. SO at least theres something at LB in the draft. I love Crichton though. He plays non stop with bigtime motor, and is a brute, who forces his way to the QB for Sacks. Hes a great person to replace Tuck.. I'm with ya about Gilbert, hes probably the guy whos got me most excited about lately. I totally agree about Jeremey Hill. Hes a stud. The one thing that changes from just doing a Giants mock draft to doing a entire mock draft, is you gotta equally try and draft good for everyteam or whats the point? So, in some cases the player you would of put in ur mock isn't there , as it would be if your just doing a Giants mock.. I did my best though..

  2. #802
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    30,703
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Got it now.. I'd be pumped if this was our draft.. Really like the Niklas pick in the 3rd.. I recently put Hill in my mock below.. Dude is a beast..

    One thing that stuck out is Christian Jones in the 5th, do you really think he lasts that long?

    Great mock.. You put a lot of work into that
    Thanks my friend. I don't know if C.Jones will fall to the 5th or not. The one thing that stuck out to me when doing this draft(entire 7rds) , is players are gonna be available that we initally didn't think was possible, as its incredibly deep draft with record amount of Underclassmen declaring. So if it isn't C.Jones, its gonna be someone else. I love Niklas upside. Would've preferred him to go back to ND for another yr of seasoning, but in the 3rd rd, i think wer e getting a guy that just next yr, would of been a late 1st, 2nd rder. So i love the value when thinking about it like that.

  3. #803
    The NFL is a copycat league. Stanley Jean-Baptiste will be a first rounder after last night. The Seahawks will be the new blueprint for NFL teams to follow.

  4. #804
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Thanks my friend. Ya, i added Denicos Allen in the 6th rd, which isn't exactly Ryan Shazier, but Allen is incredibly strong for his size, and is a superb blitzer and all around tackling machine. SO at least theres something at LB in the draft. I love Crichton though. He plays non stop with bigtime motor, and is a brute, who forces his way to the QB for Sacks. Hes a great person to replace Tuck.. I'm with ya about Gilbert, hes probably the guy whos got me most excited about lately. I totally agree about Jeremey Hill. Hes a stud. The one thing that changes from just doing a Giants mock draft to doing a entire mock draft, is you gotta equally try and draft good for everyteam or whats the point? So, in some cases the player you would of put in ur mock isn't there , as it would be if your just doing a Giants mock.. I did my best though..
    I couldn't get your link to work so only saw someone comment on your Gilbert, Crichton, Niklas & Hill picks.

    The nice thing about those first 4 picks is that (unlike alot of other mocks) it does feel like those 4 guys could be there.

    Definitely either Gilbert or Dennard should be there at #12. I'd think Crichton may be around at #44 (if not somebody nice will be there). Niklas could rise in the draft process but seems reasonable in the 3rd and Hill I believe had some injury or off the field issues that could keep his stock down enough for him to be there in the 4th. But boy - that would be a nice top 4.

  5. #805
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    The NFL is a copycat league. Stanley Jean-Baptiste will be a first rounder after last night. The Seahawks will be the new blueprint for NFL teams to follow.
    Doubtful. Just draft whoever and feed them adderall. They will ball out.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Doubtful. Just draft whoever and feed them adderall. They will ball out.
    Just my two cents. Teams love to mimic what works. When the Giants won their 2 recent SBs, the emphasis was on the pass rush. I believe the emphasis here will be big CBs.

  7. #807
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    The NFL is a copycat league. Stanley Jean-Baptiste will be a first rounder after last night. The Seahawks will be the new blueprint for NFL teams to follow.
    McGill from Utah is another big corner.. One of these 2 would look real nice opposite Prince

  8. #808
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,220
    Sportzfan, your link says your draft is "private". Can you just copy and paste it to the thread?

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Sportzfan, your link says your draft is "private". Can you just copy and paste it to the thread?
    Try a different search engine.. I couldn't open it with safari, but it work on google.. Strange??

  10. #810
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,884
    Quote Originally Posted by tdawg1413 View Post
    Just my two cents. Teams love to mimic what works. When the Giants won their 2 recent SBs, the emphasis was on the pass rush. I believe the emphasis here will be big CBs.
    I wanted SJB when he was a 6th-7th round projection. Now he is getting hyped up a bunch. I still think he will be a solid CB, but not thinking he is a good 1st or 2nd round pick for us.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts