+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast
Results 841 to 850 of 909
  1. #841
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,313
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    this is why i hate thinking about the draft before free agency/ cuts. its so hard to guess what the team is going to do leading up to the draft. and that will drastically impact who they want to take in may
    I'll leave it to the experts on these matters.... but it is fun as fans I guess to speculate over these things.

  2. #842
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    If the Giants did draft Martin, I'd probably go with Pugh to LT, Beatty to right and kick Martin in at RG. Just with those additions I think the Giants would be looking at something like Pugh--Boothe--Baas--Martin--Beatty (depending on whether they bring back Boothe). At this point I really don't think bringing back Snee is in their best interest unless he takes a major pay cut.
    As impressive as Pugh was last yr, i'm still not sold on him manning the blind side for Eli. In a perfect world, Beatty just had a off yr, and even though he suffered the leg injury, he bounces back to the player he was in 2012, and we can just worry about getting a C and G this offseason.

    Jared Veldheer is only 27yrs old and about to hit the market. The raiders might have to franchise Lamaar Houston leaving Veldheer to actually hit the market. He missed first 12wks last yr with triceps tear, which might make him a tad cheaper. Very athletic with long frame and limbs, Veldheer is a solid blind side protector. Hes probably gonna cost alot though. To be honest, might be worth the money, so we can focus on other positons during the draft instead of oline, except maybe a C..

  3. #843
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    As impressive as Pugh was last yr, i'm still not sold on him manning the blind side for Eli. In a perfect world, Beatty just had a off yr, and even though he suffered the leg injury, he bounces back to the player he was in 2012, and we can just worry about getting a C and G this offseason.

    Jared Veldheer is only 27yrs old and about to hit the market. The raiders might have to franchise Lamaar Houston leaving Veldheer to actually hit the market. He missed first 12wks last yr with triceps tear, which might make him a tad cheaper. Very athletic with long frame and limbs, Veldheer is a solid blind side protector. Hes probably gonna cost alot though. To be honest, might be worth the money, so we can focus on other positons during the draft instead of oline, except maybe a C..
    as much as i love veldheer, i'd much rather throw money at saffold. he can be a guard for us, and can play tackle if Beatty has another bad year. then, we can either try to sign asamoah fairly cheap, or draft both a guard and a center.

  4. #844
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I agree that would be sick. Add Prince and New CB? With Rolle, Hill, and Stevie. That is a pretty deep defense with a lot of talent across the board
    As for CB's, i'm hoping we address it in FA'cy and bring in Charles Tillman. I know hes alittle older and coming off a torn triceps, but hes only a yr removed from 10forced fumble season, and has been stellar outside of 2013 for the most part. We've had luck with the veteran DB's we've brought in over the yrs(R.W McQuarters, Sam Madison, Deon Grant..etc), and Charles Tillman is probably the best of that group.. We could use a true playmaker oppo Prince..

    Thats one way to fix the CB positon for the next couple yrs at least. Obviously, thats just one idea, as there are plenty of CB's in the draft I love, and some other FA's i'm intrested in. But, Charles Tillman would be on my list of FA's to heavily pursue...

  5. #845
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    as much as i love veldheer, i'd much rather throw money at saffold. he can be a guard for us, and can play tackle if Beatty has another bad year. then, we can either try to sign asamoah fairly cheap, or draft both a guard and a center.
    Yup, I like Saffold as well. I don't care for having em at LT though. Would much rather have em inside. Veldheer is a LT for sure.. The one positon that is in question for us that is of utmost importance is blind side protector. I think with Pugh, Beatty, or Saffold, were gonna have questions with them at LT. Veldheer you would not. Thats why I like Veldheer more, but getting Saffold instead would be fine, if its a bit cheaper. In that case, i'd tell Snee, hes a bench player if he returns, resign Boothe, and keep Beatty at LT..

  6. #846
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Yup, I like Saffold as well. I don't care for having em at LT though. Would much rather have em inside. Veldheer is a LT for sure.. The one positon that is in question for us that is of utmost importance is blind side protector. I think with Pugh, Beatty, or Saffold, were gonna have questions with them at LT. Veldheer you would not. Thats why I like Veldheer more, but getting Saffold instead would be fine, if its a bit cheaper. In that case, i'd tell Snee, hes a bench player if he returns, resign Boothe, and keep Beatty at LT..
    i guess I am just not thrilled about having so much money tied up on both Tackles. I agree I would not trust saffold as a LT, but he does have value where he can play both tackle and guard. I'd rather have that personally. But if we signed Veldheer, I would still be ecstatic lol

  7. #847
    A lot of Giants writers seem to like the idea of Zack Martin at 12 I on the other hand can't stand the idea. I didn't lose an entire Football season 6 weeks in for the Giants to draft a 2nd round talent. Will Martin be a starter in the NFL? Yes , Will his versatility be a nice addition? Yes but at 12 you can not make those kind of picks.There is no way in hell Martin is the BPA at 12. The Jets got Sheldon Richardson at 13 last year do you think Zack Martin will ever have a season as impactful as Sheldon Richardson had as a rookie, No. Could the Giants swing harder and miss? Of course but you dont play the draft scared and start taking low ceiling players just because they are going to be starters

  8. #848
    Here is some Xavier Grimble tape a player who I think is grossly underrated and will be a very good pro


  9. #849
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Here is some Xavier Grimble tape a player who I think is grossly underrated and will be a very good pro

    He was so absurdley under utilized its not even funny. I completely agree with you about Grimble.

  10. #850
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    A lot of Giants writers seem to like the idea of Zack Martin at 12 I on the other hand can't stand the idea. I didn't lose an entire Football season 6 weeks in for the Giants to draft a 2nd round talent. Will Martin be a starter in the NFL? Yes , Will his versatility be a nice addition? Yes but at 12 you can not make those kind of picks.There is no way in hell Martin is the BPA at 12. The Jets got Sheldon Richardson at 13 last year do you think Zack Martin will ever have a season as impactful as Sheldon Richardson had as a rookie, No. Could the Giants swing harder and miss? Of course but you dont play the draft scared and start taking low ceiling players just because they are going to be starters
    I don't love the idea either. I will say, put a gun to my head, i'd take Martin if we have to pick Olineman, but would be pretty annoyed. Zack Martin isn't a LT, in my opinion. I think he'll be a stud G or a very good RT. The player I hate the most for us to draft is Taylor Lewan though. I'd take Martin over him.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts