+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 91 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Jared Veldheer is only 27yrs old and about to hit the market. The raiders might have to franchise Lamaar Houston leaving Veldheer to actually hit the market. He missed first 12wks last yr with triceps tear, which might make him a tad cheaper. Very athletic with long frame and limbs, Veldheer is a solid blind side protector. Hes probably gonna cost alot though. To be honest, might be worth the money, so we can focus on other positons during the draft instead of oline, except maybe a C..
    Not really a fan of spending big bucks on another tackle. Much rather go to the interior or even draft a LT (if they get that opp early). I like the idea of Saffold or Aso in FA and it makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't be mad with Veldheer I just don't like the situation they'd be in especially after signing Beatty to that contract.

I wonder if the Giants hiring of Langsdorf as OC, will give us more of a chance to draft Brandin Cooks WR?? He did really well with a similar QB and system with Oregon St, and i'm sure Langsdorf worked pretty close wtih him, as it was his QB's number 1 player. I want more of a big physical WR, but Brandin Cooks is definetly a exception. The speedy WR can get over the top at any point, adjusts to poorly placed balls really well(good for Eli), and can start and stop with the best of em.. Cooks is like a smarter, more expierenced(better offense to play in for NFL then Michigan), Mario Manningham..

Who knows for sure, but i'd bet theres something there if we end up drafting Brandin Cooks..

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Not really a fan of spending big bucks on another tackle. Much rather go to the interior or even draft a LT (if they get that opp early). I like the idea of Saffold or Aso in FA and it makes a lot of sense. I wouldn't be mad with Veldheer I just don't like the situation they'd be in especially after signing Beatty to that contract.
    I"m not really for it either. I'm just saying it might be a good idea, so basically, i'm saying, i'd be ok with it, as you can see logic there, but I think we can get by, with a Mid market FA and a Olineman or 2 at some point during the draft. If we do get Veldheer, Great, but if we don't, it won't bother me at all.. Im not sure i nessecarily want the giants to pay big bucks for another OT either.. I'd take Veldheer over Saffold though. I'd pay alittle more happily for him as well..
    Last edited by nycsportzfan; 02-20-2014 at 03:36 AM.

I've been raving about Aaron Donald since October, and i said then, I could see this guy going in the 1st as the draft approaches and hes done just that. I knew he'd eventually be heavily watched and noticed eventually.. Heres alittle write up from Walt. He has em going to Chi town. I honestly would not mind Aaron Donald going to the Giants. I said he was a future ProBowler when he was still ranked as a 3rd rder..

Chicago Bears:
    I gushed over Aaron Donald's performance at the Senior Bowl and have been told to expect much of the same during his combine workout on Monday. Donald, a 500+ pound bench presser, is expected to total in the mid 30's on the bench then run his forty somewhere in the 4.7's after tipping the scales in the low 290-pound area. I'm told Donald will also put up some pretty spectacular times in the agility drills. Where could Donald end up in May? After the combine we said teams late in the first round would have to start giving the Pittsburgh lineman consideration but recent rumblings have the Chicago Bears very interested in his services with the 14th pick of round one.

Domminque Easley is starting to run and will work out at the Florida Pro Day

Even with his health concerns I like Easley, I believe he has some serious potential especially as a interior pass rusher. He Lined up as 0-9 tech at Florida and his positional versatility would certainly be a plus to whoever drafts him.

The thing that has always jumped out on me from Easleys tape is his initial quickness, Guards especially will have a hard time keeping up with Easleys off the snap explosiveness. Easley is a player who can immediately disrupt a plays timing bursting through the line into the backfield. If the Giants are unable to secure Aaron Donald , Easley could be a nice consolation prize later in the draft. Ive been saying for years the Giants defense was at its best when Justin Tuck was wreaking havoc inside along with Fred Robbins. We need to get that disruption back

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Domminque Easley is starting to run and will work out at the Florida Pro Day

Even with his health concerns I like Easley, I believe he has some serious potential especially as a interior pass rusher. He Lined up as 0-9 tech at Florida and his positional versatility would certainly be a plus to whoever drafts him.

The thing that has always jumped out on me from Easleys tape is his initial quickness, Guards especially will have a hard time keeping up with Easleys off the snap explosiveness. Easley is a player who can immediately disrupt a plays timing bursting through the line into the backfield. If the Giants are unable to secure Aaron Donald , Easley could be a nice consolation prize later in the draft. Ive been saying for years the Giants defense was at its best when Justin Tuck was wreaking havoc inside along with Fred Robbins. We need to get that disruption back
    Coulden't agree more about Easley. I got Donald and Easley in the same echelon of player. If Easley slips to the 3rd rd, i'd be more then happy to snatch him up..

I am curious to see what you guys think about Bradley Roby.. He was a top talent before the year and had a horrible year this season. He performed well at the combine so someone might take a chance on him in the 1st based off of talent. How would guys feel if the Giants grabbed him in the 2nd round? I would excited a bit for the potential but feel nervous at the same time after his performance this season...

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I am curious to see what you guys think about Bradley Roby.. He was a top talent before the year and had a horrible year this season. He performed well at the combine so someone might take a chance on him in the 1st based off of talent. How would guys feel if the Giants grabbed him in the 2nd round? I would excited a bit for the potential but feel nervous at the same time after his performance this season...
    i think he would be decent value in the 2nd. but yeah, i would be nervous considering how poor his tape was this last season, i'd rather take a handful of other guys in the 2nd

I showed my Dad some highlights of Aaron Donald (he's not a College fan) and after the video I asked him what he thought and he said "This guy is a ****ing animal" I showed him Mike Evans and Ebron stuff too and he wasn't nearly as excited... safe to say he is a Donald fan.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I wonder if the Giants hiring of Langsdorf as OC, will give us more of a chance to draft Brandin Cooks WR?? He did really well with a similar QB and system with Oregon St, and i'm sure Langsdorf worked pretty close wtih him, as it was his QB's number 1 player. I want more of a big physical WR, but Brandin Cooks is definetly a exception. The speedy WR can get over the top at any point, adjusts to poorly placed balls really well(good for Eli), and can start and stop with the best of em.. Cooks is like a smarter, more expierenced(better offense to play in for NFL then Michigan), Mario Manningham..

Who knows for sure, but i'd bet theres something there if we end up drafting Brandin Cooks..
    I love Cooks, he is such a dynamic playmaker. He can score from anywhere on the field. He reminds me of Steve Smith of Carolina.