+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 909
  1. #881
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    7,467
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He says that every year "we always consider everything"
    Exactly. I pray they do trade back though this year.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

  2. #882
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    He says that every year "we always consider everything"
    True, but I don't remember him being so specific. He wasen't just like, "we'll do anything"..etc He litteraly told the entire NFL to feel free and call on draft day. It probably will amount to very little, but i'm just used to the basic "were open to anything" quote and he seems to be more open to talking specifically about moving back this yr.

  3. #883
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Exactly. I pray they do trade back though this year.
    We got a 3rd and 4th back in 06 for just trading back 7spots in the 1st rd with Pittsburgh. Picking as high as we are this yr, we'd get a solid little coup of picks probably, just for moving back from say, 12th to 21st or something(Just example). Im happy either way though this yr, because there is gonna be a ton of super talented players on the board at 12 overall.. But adding some picks would be great.

  4. #884
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,104
    I think trading back would be a good idea if there is a smaller QB run than anticipated.. guys like Gilbert, Evans, and Ebron could all be gone. If we traded back to like the 20 range and got a 2nd rounder in return we could get a lot of value.

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  5. #885
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,744
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    True, but I don't remember him being so specific. He wasen't just like, "we'll do anything"..etc He litteraly told the entire NFL to feel free and call on draft day. It probably will amount to very little, but i'm just used to the basic "were open to anything" quote and he seems to be more open to talking specifically about moving back this yr.
    Nahh, when I watched the video it was the same thing as he says every year.

    They will consider everything. Depends who is there.

  6. #886
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Nahh, when I watched the video it was the same thing as he says every year.

    They will consider everything. Depends who is there.
    I've never seen em write a article on it either. It just seems there is alittle different feel this yr is all. The chances of a trade not happening is always way higher , so i'm not gonna perdict it, but if we did trade down, I woulden't be as surprised as I would have other yr's. I look at the possible partners, and theres alot of sensible possibilities. GB at pick 21, would probably love to have Justin Gilbert, or Louis Nix, or Anthony Barr, or even Ebron. I could see Clevland as a possible partner as they could essentially get 2 franchise players if they traded up from pick 26. They have a new coach and GM also. Those are just a couple examples. Again, in the betting world, betting a trade would happen with Giants, who probably be like +1000ML, so i'm not perdicting it, just saying I woulden't be that surprised is all.

  7. #887
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Will Sutton weighed in at 297lb at his proday. Probably saved himself from free falling, but still, to some, you'd think they'd wonder if he was going to resort right back to lazy self once drafted.

    Bradley Roby put on a show and his stocks back on the rise. I'm sure hes done enough in his combine/proday to make someone(only takes 1) believe his season was just a flukey bad yr. Honestly, Bradley Roby is a guy i could see the giants into.

  8. #888
    Veteran NYGfanSTRICK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Former NY'er now living in the Midwest
    Posts
    4,104
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Will Sutton weighed in at 297lb at his proday. Probably saved himself from free falling, but still, to some, you'd think they'd wonder if he was going to resort right back to lazy self once drafted.

    Bradley Roby put on a show and his stocks back on the rise. I'm sure hes done enough in his combine/proday to make someone(only takes 1) believe his season was just a flukey bad yr. Honestly, Bradley Roby is a guy i could see the giants into.
    In the 2nd that is a lot of talent to pass up. He has great speed, has shown ball hawking ability and the ability to take it to the house off an INT.. I would be a little nervous about the pick be a use of this season but really excited about the potential he has.

    Edit: I feel like someone will take a risk on him in the first though but if he fell to the Giants in the 2nd I wouldn't be mad if they picked him. Unless there was clearly a better value pick like someone unexpected slid to the 2nd..
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 03-07-2014 at 06:02 PM.

    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

  9. #889
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,313
    There goes your hope for Tillman. He just re-signed with the Bears.

  10. #890
    All-Pro nycsportzfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Pittsfield, MA
    Posts
    31,111
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    There goes your hope for Tillman. He just re-signed with the Bears.
    Yeah, I saw that Titwio. Stinks. Also was hoping for Tarell Brown if not Tillman, and he signed with Oak-Town.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts