+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: FF sit/start thread

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    I was able to pick him up and hes already paid dividends for me

also, its guys like that, that will win you championships. It happens every year, one or two guys blow up due to finally getting an opportunity and they shine the rest of the regular season (and I always get to pick them up because I dont use my waiver pick at all until I find that diamond in the rough. Its served me well for several years)

Who did u trade james for, if you dont mind me asking
    I said it in the trade, Dobson and Hartline. Yes it looks terrible on the stat sheet right now, but it's basically a gamble i'm taking, since I think that Dobson has more upside than James going forward...

My whole philosophy is that I have to keep trading, picking up FAs, things like that. If i'm not moving, i'm sinking. Also, there' is no such thing as a "definite starter" on my team. I'm ALWAYS looking at matchups, as I believe those impact fantasy score more than just straight up talent. I'll bench Calvin Johnson if he's up against a strong secondary and I have someone like Pierre Garcon on my bench. If I have a #2 receiver on a particular team going up against a team that likes to super lock down the #1 option, I'll start that #2 because he's going to get looks. I was actually going to bench Mike James since he was playing Seattle, but I didn't have a RB to start in his place.

This constant evolution and playing the matchup also makes me resilient in the face of injury. I've lost pretty much my entire roster due to injury this season (4 guys in week 7 alone), yet still pulled off an upset on a guy that had started Jason Campbell (20 something points), AJ Green (about 12), and AP (another 20). Last year, I missed my draft and ended up with an autodraft team, and still took that team to the finals and only lost that match by about 4 points.

Meanwhile, the guy I traded Aaron Rodgers to back in week 4 is wondering how the hell he's going to win it all. He's picked up Eli Manning, who while I support as a Giant, is terrible as a fantasy matchup. On the other hand, the guy I faced last week dropped Campbell (his actual starter is Peyton), so I got Campbell for free...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 11-10-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Ive played on my share of fantasy teams and some other similar type leagues and have never finished less than 4th but what do I know

I do know this, while its a good strategy to play matchup, its not a prudent one when your doing it with youre entire roster. I look at it this way, you finish with 50% of your original roster and the rest are pickups/trades. You play matchup only when its clearly obvious or your roster doesnt have a clear cut "always start"

I understand though, from the looks of it, your roster is filled with patchwork players due to injury and matchups are the only thing you can do

but trading James will come back to haunt u, especially when its easier to play WR matchups than RB and ur RB are quite weak; granted woodhead has been good but he will not be able to sustain that level as their WR corps is getting better and better every week, they are starting to establish themselves quite well.

Not sure what your WR were before hand but trading away a player in a weakness spot was unwise and could cost you.

I take it your in a 14 team league?

heres a snap of my info btw. Maybe next year, I can join in on one of the leagues on this board.

in any case, I think you need to make some more trades and also, whos the top 20 FA/Waivers from WR and RB and whos the top 8 QB? Despite all the injuries, I think you can still salvage that team!
    Last edited by Generation Eli; 11-10-2013 at 02:32 AM.

12 team. But yeah, my entire roster has been injured. The only draft pick I made in the first 10 rounds that has not spent time either on IR or inactive due to injury this season is Eli Manning.

It all depends on what I can get. I had intended to keep about 50% like you were saying, but the injuries put an end to that plan. I'm doing this because it's the only thing I really CAN do at this point. Hell, I even renamed my team "Injured Reserve" due to all the injuries I keep suffering. I had a real crappy draft when all is said and done, and I need to make the most of what I have left. But resting on my laurels and expecting James to repeat his performance from last week won't cut it. Even if he does, I have to take gambles on things, because I'm in an absolute **** situation. Before my roster started going to ****, yes I did start my picks for the most part. I think I benched Reggie Wayne once, but that's about it.

Also, I have far more faith in Woodhead, Brown, and Vereen to put up consistent numbers than James. The whole reason I traded him is that my gut tells me that James is a one-hit wonder, MAYBE two-hit. He's been in for martin for some time now (I picked him up after Martin got hurt), but hasn't done much of anything until last week... and I strongly believe that was because Seattle entered the first half in snooze mode... after they woke up, TB promptly stopped losing points and Wilson stopped turning the ball over. I picked up Hillis for this week only, but plan on going to brown as soon as they show signs of him being able to carry the starter workload or at least 50/50.
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 11-10-2013 at 08:09 AM.

first 5 minutes of the game, James had 5 carries for 41 yards and was about to score a TD before being tripped from behind and breaking an ankle

thats a freakish unlucky injury but as I stand, I was (sort of) right as James is a BEAST. Unfortunately, he got hurt and looks to be gone for the foreseeable future

really effed up that he got hurt. Thank god i got the number 1 waiver and some idiot dropped Bernard, so hes mine!

James is def a back I liked coming out of college and Id look to draft him next year(12th rd and later), depending on his health, martins health and if he gets a chance with another team, hes that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Eli View Post
    first 5 minutes of the game, James had 5 carries for 41 yards and was about to score a TD before being tripped from behind and breaking an ankle

thats a freakish unlucky injury but as I stand, I was (sort of) right as James is a BEAST. Unfortunately, he got hurt and looks to be gone for the foreseeable future

really effed up that he got hurt. Thank god i got the number 1 waiver and some idiot dropped Bernard, so hes mine!

James is def a back I liked coming out of college and Id look to draft him next year(12th rd and later), depending on his health, martins health and if he gets a chance with another team, hes that good.
    I started him last week and pretty much depended on him, so he was a marked man... I'm telling you, my roster is cursed...

Okay... now to deal with week 11:
    QB Russel Wilson, Jason Campbell
    RB Giovanni Bernard, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead
    WR Keenan Allen, Kendall Wright, Brian Hartline, Aaron Dobson, Rueben Randle, Michael Floyd
    TE Tim Wright, Coby Fleener

Edit: just dropped michael floyd for brian leonard...
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 11-12-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Okay... now to deal with week 11:
    QB Russel Wilson, Jason Campbell
    RB Giovanni Bernard, Shane Vereen, Danny Woodhead
    WR Keenan Allen, Kendall Wright, Brian Hartline, Aaron Dobson, Rueben Randle, Michael Floyd
    TE Tim Wright, Coby Fleener

Edit: just dropped michael floyd for brian leonard...
    I would go Wilson, Bernard, Woodhead, Allen, Wright, Fleener. and I would be torn b/w Leonard, Randle, and Dobson

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Week 11 predicaments...

1. QB- Kaepernick and Cutler are my QB's. Cutler has been ruled out and Kaep plays N.O who gives up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to QB's this season.

Should I cut one of the 2 QB's I have? Or should I cut someone like Crabtree or Nate Burleson? Or should I stick with Kaep this week?

2. My Flex comes down to 2 guys right now, Hakeem Nicks and C.J Spiller. Who should I start?
    If I don't cut Burleson or Crabtree for a QB I could cut one of them for Chris Ivory or another player off waivers for my flex play

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Week 11 predicaments...

1. QB- Kaepernick and Cutler are my QB's. Cutler has been ruled out and Kaep plays N.O who gives up the 3rd fewest fantasy points to QB's this season.

Should I cut one of the 2 QB's I have? Or should I cut someone like Crabtree or Nate Burleson? Or should I stick with Kaep this week?

2. My Flex comes down to 2 guys right now, Hakeem Nicks and C.J Spiller. Who should I start?
    If I don't cut Burleson or Crabtree for a QB I could cut one of them for Chris Ivory or another player off waivers for my flex play
    I'd say cut Kaep, he hasn't been too hot this year to be honest. If your league is not past the trade deadline, try to offload him maybe, though that might be a tough sell. A couple of QBs that might be available to look up: Jason Campbell, Geno Smith, Terrelle Pryor, Eli, whoever is QB for the Rams...

Also if Ivory is available, I'd say cut Crabtree for him... Manningham will be pushing Crabtree for targets, and Kaep is still primarily staring down VD anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I'd say cut Kaep, he hasn't been too hot this year to be honest. If your league is not past the trade deadline, try to offload him maybe, though that might be a tough sell. A couple of QBs that might be available to look up: Jason Campbell, Geno Smith, Terrelle Pryor, Eli, whoever is QB for the Rams...

Also if Ivory is available, I'd say cut Crabtree for him... Manningham will be pushing Crabtree for targets, and Kaep is still primarily staring down VD anyway...
    All of those QB's are available and Ivory is too. Idk if I will be able to get him because I am #6 on the waiver wire... Which of those QB's would you prefer? I think Campbell is nice but he plays Cinci and their defense is pretty good

EDIT: also Leonard is available too if you think that he would be a better option than Ivory. He could be just becausee of the fact that the Jets are switching between Ivory and Powell it seems every few games
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 11-12-2013 at 09:38 PM.

+ Reply to Thread