+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: So umm... how the hell do we beat the Broncos?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Because our defense is worse than Baltimore's...
    It's simple..we're not going to beat them...

Peyton is going to destroy us....is it not obvious?

To beat the Broncos you have to know the strength and weaknesses of the Broncos. The Giants need to do what they do best on defense and that is go after the quarterback. If the Giants can beat-up Peyton Manning, they have a good shot at winning the game because the giants should be motivated to give Eli his first win against big brother, who is always watching lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NYKiller View Post
    To beat the Broncos you have to know the strength and weaknesses of the Broncos. The Giants need to do what they do best on defense and that is go after the quarterback. If the Giants can beat-up Peyton Manning, they have a good shot at winning the game because the giants should be motivated to give Eli his first win against big brother, who is always watching lol.
    Peyton is prolly the best QB in NFL history at making teams pay for blitzing him. That fact is likely even stronger when you consider he now has perhaps the best "hot" route runner in the NFL in Wes Welker. If we are going to get after peyton, it has to be with our front 4, and just our front 4.

Historically, the way to disrupt Peyton is with a good interior push.

However, as well as he played tonight, I have to go with what I saw and that is a ravens defense that had no clue how to cover and also have numberous blown coverages. They made it easy for Peyton

Want to see how we do this week before I make any assessments, but the Bronco's have a pretty huge advantage at altitude...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Because our defense is worse than Baltimore's...
    Didn't see anything last night to indicate that Baltimore's defense is better than our defense or any other defense in the league for that matter . . . .

All-Pro
    Make Peyton think it's a playoff game, he will choke like he always does..otherwise i don't know how we gonna beat them..

Veteran
    Jimmy smith looked terrible out there. To beat teams like that you have to shorten the game, front four has to be stellar and you need the horses at cb to match up.

People are just so freaking fatalistic around here. Why even bother watching football?

I swear Jimmy Smith looked just like Corey Webster out there last night(not a complement), and next wk, i'm hoping Peyton dosen't do the same thing to Webster that he did to Smith. I'm hoping its a rainy, crappy day in NY , because that is the best chance we'll have to beating the broncs.

Stranger things have happened, especially with this team. How many times have we beaten teams that were supposed to be unbeatable, and how many times have we lost to teams that we should have destroyed.

+ Reply to Thread