+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 165
  1. #131
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Posts
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You think it's delusional to believe your team can win a game?
    Yes it's delusional to believe that when you look at all the facts and still hope for the million to one outcome. All the things I already mentioned and added to that, the Broncos pretty scored at will in the red zone where as we're lucky to find the endzone in the redzone. Maybe our kicker should be making Eli money. Last time Peyton faced us he pretty much owned our secondary (same system)

    When you buy a lottery ticket, you "Hope" you win, but the sane part of your brain "should" be telling you...yeah it's probably not going to happen.

  2. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    Just being a realist. I know some fans don't like to look Realism in the face. Our D has way too many question marks and we're facing the master of dissecting defenses. Let's not forget that our O is banged up too..so yeah as a realist, I expect that this will be a marked an L for us.

    It bothers me when a fan feels like they have a free pass to be as delusional as they want....that's Cowboys/Eagles fans mentality
    i agree except for the delusional part about us winning.

    but, there is also the chance that eli could himself go off. thats why you play the games.

    dont forget, which everyone seems to be doing, that was opening night at mile high. people are wondering or like shocked that balt got killed the 2nd half...it was both offensive and defensive because they were not ready/conditioned to play in that element for 60 minutes. rarely will a team be able to do so, let alone opening game. u could literally see that balt's D was GASSED.
    that wont be as dramatically effective in NJ at Giants stadium. i expect peyton to still dissect us, but, our players wont be at near a disadvantage that baltimore was collectively as a team bc of the thin denver air.

    and, pretty much any team going up against peyton, u take peyton. maybe NE? Maybe SF u take them over Denver...so its not an indictment to think denver probably will win. but again, its why u play the game. eli has conquered every other challenge, beating his bro is the last 1 so i could see him having a peyton like performance himself...

  3. #133
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,605
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    Yes it's delusional to believe that when you look at all the facts and still hope for the million to one outcome. All the things I already mentioned and added to that, the Broncos pretty scored at will in the red zone where as we're lucky to find the endzone in the redzone. Maybe our kicker should be making Eli money. Last time Peyton faced us he pretty much owned our secondary (same system)

    When you buy a lottery ticket, you "Hope" you win, but the sane part of your brain "should" be telling you...yeah it's probably not going to happen.
    What present day facts are we talking about? Only one of the teams in the equation has played a regular season game, which they won. I just prefer to watch the games and see what the score is at the end. There are no guarantees, not even for Peyton Manning.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #134
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You don't know? Here's a definition for you: A person who has commanding authority or influence over others.


    I didn't say Eli wasn't a leader although in 2007 he was far from it. In 2011 he clearly led us with his play. Bottom line is Eli's a leader, but he's not on the same level of his brother, as even you noted.
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    its obvious Eli is a leader but you pretty much said Eli isn't in your previous post. Don't backtrack buddy.
    You ever wonder why the more insecure one is about Eli, the more they try to put words in other people's mouths?

    Eli is not a loser buddy - bELIeve me.

  5. #135
    Starter NYGinIN666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Bloomington, IN
    Posts
    248
    It's not like TC, Gilbride, or Fewell are bad coaches so to speak, it's just that maybe they don't help our talent base realize their full potential.
    One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
    -Nietzsche

  6. #136
    Who cares, until Giants meet Broncos in SB, a potential loss in week 2 is not a big deal. Focus on Cowboys

  7. #137
    All-Pro Roosevelt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    1925 Giants Drive
    Posts
    14,988
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGinIN666 View Post
    It's not like TC, Gilbride, or Fewell are bad coaches so to speak, it's just that maybe they don't help our talent base realize their full potential.
    Yes, 2 Lombardi trophies later...

  8. #138
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    18,305
    Same way we defeated, undefeated Patriots, legendary Coach and QB in the SB. We got this but first we have a game on Sunday.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  9. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Same way we defeated, undefeated Patriots, legendary Coach and QB in the SB. We got this but first we have a game on Sunday.


    Agree, this week is looking like a tough enough test, week 2 is miles away right now.

  10. #140
    Veteran JJC7301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,906
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Rivers.....Connor.....Paysinger.


    Case closed.
    HA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts