+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Because our defense is worse than Baltimore's...
    I have a bad feeling going into this season, but I remember that I couldn't fathom the Giants beating the 'boys in Dallas in the '07-'08 playoffs after getting destroyed by them twice that season. My negativity about this season aside, things can look so different by the end of the year.

Veteran
    I don't usually post more than 2 pages into any thread, cause they degenerate into threads like this. And I know nobody (sane) is gonna read or care about this post.

But, to encapsulate one hopeful response to some of the kiddie posts here:

1) Chill out. One game has been played, and we don't suck as much as you think. And Denver is not as good as you think.

2) When a team wins 2 rings in 5 years, and you have pretty much the same coaches, don't blame every bad play or drive you don't like on the coaches. It ain't the play, or the fact that you didn't "fool" the other team. More often than not, It's players not executing the play.

3) Peyton had the game of his life, and he can be awesome. But the Raven's D SUCKED. Seriously sucked. Embarassingly sucked. And I'll still take Eli in the playoffs, and twice on sunday.

You'se kiddies gotta get over Fantasy Football stats and hype. Can we play one game this year before we fire all the coaches and end our playoff hopes?

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Yes, 2 Lombardi trophies later...
    Again, I'm not saying they're bad coaches, I think they're actually relatively good coaches. I'm just saying that perhaps some of the player's potentials aren't necessarily being utilized and allowed to flourish. So, 2 trophies, yes, but could it have been 4 by now? I mean, who knows...
    One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.
    -Nietzsche

I haven't read through this thread completely, and I likely never will, but one common thread that I have noticed is that most people are either one one extreme side or another extreme side. All positive, or all negative. Why not just wait and see what happens? Doesn't it make more sense? If not, it should.

I'm not overly enthusiastic for a few reasons. The age of the team, injuries at key positions, inexperience at key positions, and the LB's specifically. People have made the "2 rings" argument, which is inapplicable, considering that those rings will do nothing to help this 2013 version of the team. It proves that the coaches know how to get it done, but look at the comparisons between those two rosters and this current one. On paper, there is no contest. This roster is now old, beat up, and very inexperienced in several key spots. Being positive is great, but it also helps to be realistic. It may be a long season.

All the other QBs in the league are prob think they need to go get their necks and spines fused... People were saying his career was done. At least that is what the colts thought. How do you think the fans of that franchise feel after Peyton launched 7 TDs? I know their in good hands with Andrew but Peyton is a legend and they gave up on him to soon
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    All the other QBs in the league are prob think they need to go get their necks and spines fused... People were saying his career was done. At least that is what the colts thought. How do you think the fans of that franchise feel after Peyton launched 7 TDs? I know their in good hands with Andrew but Peyton is a legend and they gave up on him to soon
    Colts did the right thing.....
    Old QB with a very questionable injury and recovery.
    Bronco's took a gamble and it has paid off....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    You ever wonder why the more insecure one is about Eli, the more they try to put words in other people's mouths?

Eli is not a loser buddy - bELIeve me.
    I'm not the one who said Eli isn't a "true leader." I don't even know what that means.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    I don't think they gave up on Peyton, they just made the best decision for the future of the franchise.

They'd have been mad to pass on Luck, those guys don't come around every day.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I'm not the one who said Eli isn't a "true leader." I don't even know what that means.
    he said Peyton is a true leader. he never said Eli wasnt.....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

and,... Eli knows how to get into Peyton's head! BWUAHAHAHHAHHAHA!