+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: So umm... how the hell do we beat the Broncos?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he said Peyton is a true leader. he never said Eli wasnt.....
    As Mike Tyson famously said.........everyone has a plan (is a leader) until he gets punched in the face.

Eli handles pressure a lot better than Peyton.........Pressure equals playoffs

I say Pierre-Paul gives Peyton a Stone Cold Stunner and our defense does jumping jacks before every snap to confuse the back up

Peyton is a machine. Our only chance to beat them is in a shootout because I do not see this defense stopping him and those receivers at all. Now they have another threat in their TE. It's going to be a stressful weekend playing against that offense.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by NYGinIN666 View Post
    Again, I'm not saying they're bad coaches, I think they're actually relatively good coaches. I'm just saying that perhaps some of the player's potentials aren't necessarily being utilized and allowed to flourish. So, 2 trophies, yes, but could it have been 4 by now? I mean, who knows...

It's very tough to complain after 2 Super Bowls, but I know what you mean. This coaching staff seems to always try and mold players to fit their system instead of tweaking the system to suit the players.

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Peyton is a machine. Our only chance to beat them is in a shootout because I do not see this defense stopping him and those receivers at all. Now they have another threat in their TE. It's going to be a stressful weekend playing against that offense.
    I think we should see how we perform tomorrow before freaking out about how we're going to play the following week. Sure, Peyton looked great, but as great as he looked, Baltimore's defense looked equally as bad. And most of that wasn't because Denver was making them look bad, either. I'm not saying that to take away from what he did, but Baltimore's defense flat out played like ****.

Denver's D looked shaky at times and they struggled to run the ball. There's hope there, somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Denver's D looked shaky at times and they struggled to run the ball. There's hope there, somewhere.
    They looked especially poor early. Looked like they picked things up as the game went on, but I think a lot of that was as Baltimore became more one dimensional, it was easier to neutralize their offense.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    I'm not the one who said Eli isn't a "true leader." I don't even know what that means.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    he said Peyton is a true leader. he never said Eli wasnt.....
    That's absolutely correct. But I did say that I didn't think Eli was a leader back in 2007 - which of course was the season that Eli and Coughlin were both on the hot seat due to Eli's erratic play up until that point.

But we've all seen the Eli-jealous-lover act before haven't we? "How dare you look at another quarterback!"

Firm, fair, honest, and demanding.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Firm, fair, honest, and demanding.

That is all.
    Are you talking about the qualities you find endearing in your dominatrix?

+ Reply to Thread