+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by imstilripped View Post
    I love how anyone who isn't pro everything Giants related is a troll. It's going to be a loooooooooong year, some of you are going to get a hard dose of reality by the end of it that I already know is coming.
    I think we can have a great year despite our dino coaches. But we do need change at the coaching staff. If ppl feel differently, just re-watch that falcons game last year or the 1st skins game in 2011. Coaches got outsmarted by Cofield.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    Amazing to see how an offense should play. I'd love to get close to that level on this team. I think we have more skilled players at WR, Slot and RB. I don't honestly know the comparative talent on the OL. They look strong on Pass Pro though. Lets hope Gilbride manages to get our guys on the same page this year. I am optimistic that someday it will all come together. If we cant do it with this talent, Its time for a new OC.
    they seem to have a solid o-line in my opinion especially with one of the best left tackles in the league in ryan clady.
    Last edited by L.T.56; 09-06-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    ..... If we cant do it with this talent, Its time for a new OC.
    Not to take away from the rest of your great post, but this is +1 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    Not to take away from the rest of your great post, but this is +1 billion.
    I'm playing devil's advocate here, but what does, "do it" mean? Win the Super Bowl again for the third time in 6 or so years? "Killdrive" has posted a top 10 offense essentially every year he has been OC with the Giants, won 2 SBs, and set multiple Giants offensive records in his system.

I'm not trying to be a ****, but it's amazing to me how people think a new OC will magically change things over night. I'm not saying that a new OC is out of the question, but how can you argue with those stats?

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by davepc View Post
    No team is as good as the look or as bad as they look week one. Let the season play out.
    Yea how many times do you see a team score 50 one week and win in a blow out with everything going there way and the following week struggle to get anything right. It's week to week in the NFL. Doing something one week guarantees you nothing the following week. NFL is all about adjustments
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

All-Pro
    But seven TD passes is pretty darn impressive.. I'm sure Brady is even envious. With our o line and red zone woes it may take Eli lots of games to reach 7 TD passes. Hopefully I'm wrong and we tear it up vs Dallas and then Denver.. How many times though has a team done this only to dis appoint later on
    Last edited by miked1958; 09-06-2013 at 03:57 AM.

4-New York Giants!!!!!

I only care about how we beat the Cowboys.

But to indulge, I think you have to look at the game from both perspectives. Peyton and the Broncos are clearly loaded and got hot tonight. However, that was as bad a job in the defensive backfield as I have ever seen by the Ravens.

All-Pro
    I got it. Eli will throw for 8

4-New York Giants!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Because our defense is worse than Baltimore's...

We should decide which games to forfeit based on not having played a game yet and ask for a refund.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    I'm playing devil's advocate here, but what does, "do it" mean? Win the Super Bowl again for the third time in 6 or so years? "Killdrive" has posted a top 10 offense essentially every year he has been OC with the Giants, won 2 SBs, and set multiple Giants offensive records in his system.

I'm not trying to be a ****, but it's amazing to me how people think a new OC will magically change things over night. I'm not saying that a new OC is out of the question, but how can you argue with those stats?
    We can't assume that we are going to win the superbowl or even expect to win, but how about win 10 games at least? I also wouldn't attribute the top 10 O to Killdrive because our O feasted on bad teams/bad defenses last year..
    41 vs TB
    36 vs Carolina
    41 vs Cle
    38 vs GB
    52 vs NO
    42 vs Phil when they gave up.

Heck the falcons who were in the 20's shut us down because they knew everything we were running. We were 9 - 7 last year and with better coaching from the OC would have easily won 11 games and made the playoffs; but before going into this, I want to say that I completely blame the Falcons debacle on the coaching staff.

The game against Pit, we had a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter. Pit finally realized that David Diehl couldn't block, repeatedly blitzed from that side deep in our territory. David couldn't block and AB was either in the wrong place or not quick enough with his bad ankles to help and Eli was under constant pressure which forced our O to have 3 and outs the entire 4th quarter deep in our territory. I blame that game on our OC, we had it won, but this guy fell asleep trying to be too conservative in the 2nd half and failed to make the necessary adjustments to help David Diehl. God forbid we run the no huddle with a lead even though our qb and our offense was going backwards in that game. There are more games like these, the Cincy game, they brought constant pressure up the middle but our OC refused to design quick strike plays that would help in these situations..

We have a lot of talent on our offense, always had, from Toomer, Plaxico, Shockey, Boss, S.Smith, Nicks,Cruz,Manningham, Bennett but we can't manage to win more than 9 games a season and can only beat up on bad defenses. I blame the OC.