+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 165
  1. #71
    Starter lamas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    No, it was clear that it's tough to do that.

    Did you see them in the first half? They were a different animal in the 2nd half.
    It's simple. Ravens have a huge super bowl hang over and had to play their first game of the year at altitude. They died in the second half because they couldn't keep up.

  2. #72
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    29,786
    Raindrops keep fallin' on my head.
    I thought we had something special!!!

  3. #73
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by lamas View Post
    It's simple. Ravens have a huge super bowl hang over and had to play their first game of the year at altitude. They died in the second half because they couldn't keep up.
    Yep, I agree. Weren't the Ravens supposed to play at home but the crappy Orioles ?

  4. #74
    Starter lamas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Yep, I agree. Weren't the Ravens supposed to play at home but the crappy Orioles ?
    Who are the Orioles anyway? Don't they know it's football season?

  5. #75
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,122
    Quote Originally Posted by lamas View Post
    Who are the Orioles anyway? Don't they know it's football season?
    Lol yeah baseball needs to end

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    We should kidnap Peyton and hypnotize him into thinking its a playoff game so he will choke.
    it will be a playoff type atmosphere...i hope....

  7. #77
    Veteran Giantz4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New York State of Mind
    Posts
    3,956
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSaint View Post
    we can't manage to win more than 9 games a season and can only beat up on bad defenses.
    I'm sorry, but I find that is a poor generalization and statement. We can only beat up on bad defenses? Well, it is not exactly commonplace to "beat up" on good defenses so that argument lacks any real credibility. How about in 2008 when we steamrolled the season including Pittsburgh and Baltimore and essentially almost every playoff team that year besides Minnesota? We ran for over 200 yards against that vaunted Ravens defense. I am sure if I went to PFR and looked up games I could find more times where we beat up on "good defenses". But honestly, who cares as long as we win?

    The coaching staff is definitely to blame for some blunders here and there (every team has issues), but to generalize and ignore the stats under Gilbride's system just shows you are refusing to accept it, therefore it is not worth debating with you.

    Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantz4Life View Post
    I'm sorry, but I find that is a poor generalization and statement. We can only beat up on bad defenses? Well, it is not exactly commonplace to "beat up" on good defenses so that argument lacks any real credibility. How about in 2008 when we steamrolled the season including Pittsburgh and Baltimore and essentially almost every playoff team that year besides Minnesota? We ran for over 200 yards against that vaunted Ravens defense. I am sure if I went to PFR and looked up games I could find more times where we beat up on "good defenses". But honestly, who cares as long as we win?

    The coaching staff is definitely to blame for some blunders here and there (every team has issues), but to generalize and ignore the stats under Gilbride's system just shows you are refusing to accept it, therefore it is not worth debating with you.
    LOL 2008 was 5 years ago. You give 2 examples that happened 5 years ago to prove a point? That's hilarious.
    Eli Manning is better than your quarterback.

  9. #79
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,634
    We beat them with a pass rush. Same way we beat NE when Brady laughed at Plax's comment, "We're only gonna score 17 points?"

    Hard to throw a TD pass when you are on your back

    If that Ravens defense is supposed to be good, I'd hate to see a bad one...

  10. #80
    Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    241
    Let's just panic and run and hide.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts